COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Why I dislike the Stray Kids fandom (3 Viewers)

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
I have never seen a fandom that will throw their idol under the bus as easily as Stray Kids's one does! I think you can all understand where this comes from!

Chan is working his ass of to make Stray Kids music and keep them going. The man is overworked as it is without fans adding to it. Mark my words, the man is going to collapse in the next year unless somehow his workload gets easier (Which I very much doubt will happen!)

PS: Of course I get not all or even the majority of Stays are like that... But the vocal part are, and that is what matters.

Foxia

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I'm not even a full stan, but I appreciate everything Chan does for the group and it sucks that even some Stays are that freaking harsh towards him. He deserves more love.

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
I'm not even a full stan, but I appreciate everything Chan does for the group and it sucks that even some Stays are that freaking harsh towards him. He deserves more love.
LIke I get being disappointed in him... I even get not having him as your bias anymore...

but having a full out canceling party for him and still daring to call yourself a Stray Kids fan is something I can't understand!

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
in my opinion stays have every right to be pissed off over what chan has done lmao...
I get being pissed off, I don't get his fans reacting like he has done something like Seungri has done! Nevermind the fact he only ever said Ninjas...

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I get being pissed off, I don't get his fans reacting like he has done something like Seungri has done!
but what he did wasnt exactly right none the less, I dont agree with treating it like something that Seungri did but what chan is doing is offending a lot of the stays and I think that he deserves to be called out on it...

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
but what he did wasnt exactly right none the less, I dont agree with treating it like something that Seungri did but what chan is doing is offending a lot of the stays and I think that he deserves to be called out on it...
Well yeah I agree with being called out on it... I agree with telling him yeah don't do it again (That song is years old)

But Stays are acting out of proportions. This ain't a cancel-worthy offence.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Well yeah I agree with being called out on it... I agree with telling him yeah don't do it again (That song is years old)

But Stays are acting out of proportions. This ain't a cancel-worthy offence.
for a lot of stays, it is considering the fact that chan has said that hes educated on this type of stuff... and it doesnt matter if the song was old, he sang it on a vlive recently. and he wrote that song didnt he? he said ninja instead of the n-word. while yes it's good that he didn't say the n-word, he chose a word that sounds a lot like it? and listening to it... it doesnt make any sense why ninja is in that verse other than the fact that it sounds a lot like the n-word... he could have easily said people or something else. im not black personally but this is the reason why a lot of black stays are mad in general... and it's completely understandable.
this is the original video that was on his vlive recently

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
for a lot of stays, it is considering the fact that chan has said that hes educated on this type of stuff... and it doesnt matter if the song was old, he sang it on a vlive recently. and he wrote that song didnt he? he said ninja instead of the n-word. while yes it's good that he didn't say the n-word, he chose a word that sounds a lot like it? and listening to it... it doesnt make any sense why ninja is in that verse other than the fact that it sounds a lot like the n-word... he could have easily said people or something else. im not black personally but this is the reason why a lot of black stays are mad in general... and it's completely understandable.

Well the song is how it is... And because nobody has pointed that specific part out as not OK before, he probably didn't think there was anything wrong with it! The song has been out for years and there have been no problems with it, so why would he assume people would get mad if he plays it on vlive!

It's not like he is trying to make his fans angry on purpose!

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Them trying to educate him isnt throwing him under the bus. The only ones throwing him under the bus are shouting for him to get "cancelled" while attaching nugu gg fancams

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
Them trying to educate him isnt throwing him under the bus. The only ones throwing him under the bus are shouting for him to get "cancelled" while attaching nugu gg fancams
There are way too many doing that cancelling thing for my tastes... Including ones who aren't using it aas a crutch to promote nugus.

Also if it was just ths 1 time I wouldn't say anything. But time and time again people have overreacted to him doing any little thing they don't like!

Reactions Received
KS Coins

Thank you! I stan!!

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Well the song is how it is... And because nobody has pointed that specific part out as not OK before, he probably didn't think there was anything wrong with it!

It's not like he is trying to make his fans angry on purpose!
I dont think that any idol is trying to make their fans mad on purpose when they do something like this... chan apparently took this verse from one of asap rockys songs. he knew that the original had the n-word in it... and again, there's literally no reason why ninjas would be there other than the fact that it sounds like the n-word. "when the real ninjas die, fake ninjas gonna multiply" doesnt make any sense... he could have said another word like people, or just not use the verse at all.

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
I dont think that any idol is trying to make their fans mad on purpose when they do something like this... chan apparently took this verse from one of asap rockys songs. he knew that the original had the n-word in it... and again, there's literally no reason why ninjas would be there other than the fact that it sounds like the n-word. "when the real ninjas die, fake ninjas gonna multiply" doesnt make any sense... he could have said another word like people, or just not use the verse at all.
I agree that it was a bad choice to do that, but that doesn't change the fact that the song is years old and he has never substituted like that again...

When the original song was released he did get some backlash but it died down when it was clarified he said ninjas. That would leave the impression on him that it would be fine to play it on vlive.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
It going be like RM all over again he will get hated on until they have a massive hit written by him then fans will jump on him and make out they loved him the whole time

Reactions Received
KS Coins
i don't stan skz but i don't hate the man because, well, i'm pretty tolerant towards these things (i disagree with cancel culture and i disagree with the fact that some people get painted as evil spawns of satan for a few ignorant views). i think people lack compassion and can't distinguish between acts of ignorance and acts of malice.

despite this, i don't exactly appreciate some of Chan's behavior either. i find him a bit corny in general and the things he's done lately are in very poor taste. replacing the n word with something similar is basically finding a way to say it without getting the backlash for it.

i don't think hating on him and whatnot is correct but i completely understand why people are upset and outraged, specially with a guy like him, who presented himself as the "woke" type of person who wouldn't do these kinds of things. i wouldn't really be in the mood to be appreciative of him right now either, if i were a fan.

i truly hope he grows up and stops using black culture as an aesthetic because it's really affecting people, including those in his fandom

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread