COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Why I will never be able to see JYP in a good light. (1 Viewer)

Panda

a panda just trying to chill
Reactions Received
Website
www.twitch.tv
KS Coins
Fandom
Starlight
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
Lots of threads today, but I'm genuinely pumped lmao.

Okay, JYP. Ask kpop stans which company is the best out of the Big 3, most people will answer JYP. Why? Cause JYP seems to be the most humane out of the three.
And generally, people will prefer JYP over Lee Soo Man and YG.
That, I can see and understand.

What I don't understand is people praising JYP and thinking he is the founder of all founders. People praise him for his Vegan disciplines, for taking care of his idol's mental health, and for being supposedly kind.

And man, idk how to say this without being rude. But I hate that guy. He irks me so much.
And you know why? Cause the guy who is trying to be better and humane with his artists is also the guy who tells a minor that she is too fat and can't perform properly because of it. He did it with Twice, he is doing the exact same with his new project and Japanese group. That same guy is the reason why artists like Momo have to eat ice to lose weight because the company made her lose 7kg in a week, like what??? He disguises it as "taking care of yourself" by being a good weight, but everyone, literally everyone he has criticized was literally at a normal weight level. And then, he makes his group dance and sing about how "being yourself," "being perfect the way you are," and "not letting others control you." That's literally just some bs and such a high level of hypocrisy. For somebody to talk about being good to his artists, and then literally almost killing them is just unbelievable to me. I feel with his constant criticisms and issues, it must be such torture to be an artist under him. Okay, rant over.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
none of them are good :/

they only say this bc of the mental health thing

Taehyun

☾ abbacchio simp ⛧
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
☆ MOA ♡
ever since that jae tweet ppl are acting like he's some saint and it annoys me, he's still a POS for overworking twice and starving his artists

Reactions Received
KS Coins
if you are fat people will not want to see you performing on stage.

Taehyun

☾ abbacchio simp ⛧
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
☆ MOA ♡
if you are fat people will not want to see you on stage performing on stage.
none of the people he's called fat are fat though, also they should be losing weight healthily not through starvation

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Fat shaming, sexualizing minors, being controlling over the images of their artists, not being able to manage a soloist worth a damn...

Reactions Received
KS Coins
none of the people he's called fat are fat though, also they should be losing weight healthily not through starvation
they are not regular people, they are idols and being skinny is what majority of kpop stans like.

Taehyun

☾ abbacchio simp ⛧
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
☆ MOA ♡
they are not regular people, they are idols and being skinny is what majority of kpop stans like.
and you can achieve that by healthy diet and exercise instead of starvation so?

lexus

Pinkchella
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
I'm glad I'm not that only one who strongly dislikes him. The fat shaming and sexualization of minors really puts me off. He creeps me the hell out too

izcream

hot soup on a cold day
Reactions Received
Website
linktr.ee
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
and thats on the dark side of jyp

most fans don't know how jyp really treats the trainees behind the camera but yet they still claim that jyp is the only label that takes care of their trainees

Reactions Received
KS Coins
and you can achieve that by healthy diet and exercise instead of starvation so?
s

And people wonder why woman faint so much. Starvation, the body isn't getting what it needs to function properly. Woman, because our bodies are always bleeding our bodies need to constantly need to restore. Who needs birthcontrol to stave off periods when starvation can shut that function off as well. I would like to see any CEO actually support a healthy lifestyle over starvation.

And JYP always reminded me of a creep. The type you'd get yoru mace out if they approached you.

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
JYP is just really damn good at putting on a font.
Also ppl REALLY don't understand that JYP knows how to build an image and posts from idols like Jae that show him in a positive light are a PART of building that positive image!
I very much doubt that Jae post was natural (aka it was just a convo him and JYP had, that he then decided to post) I think it was a planned post to make JYP look good and it's very likely that even the whole convo was fake.

These things are so EASY to do, so why TF wouldn't they be doing it?

VillageIdiot

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
which will take years. by that time the group already flopped and headed to disbandment.
Unless they're morbidly obese, it shouldn't take that long
Starving yourself is always going to be a bad idea but especially if you're a performer. You don't have the energy to dance as efficiently or sing at a normal capacity, always be tired etc.
Not good for an idol

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Starving yourself is always going to be a bad idea but especially if you're a performer. You don't have the energy to dance as efficiently or sing at a normal capacity, always be tired etc.
Not good for an idol
Fun fact: Starving yourself destroys your metabolism. By starving yourself your body is going to pack on the pounds when you do eat. It's a natrual survival instinct that humans have hung on to. And the reason why ramen makes people bloat is water retention due to the amount of sodium. So avoiding high sodium foods, and a healthy diet will help maintain a healthy metabolism and cut down on looking "fat". Also cutting out carbs then eating carbs again will also destroy your bodies abilities. NEVER cut out carbs to loose weight unless you plan on making it a life style. Cut back, but do not cut out.

As you can tell the human body is fickle and thrives on constant meals.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Not good for an idol
kpop idols are 10% performance 20% music the rest is all about visual. it does not take a brainer to understand that. you guys just wanted to hate on JYP when he has valid points.

if you want to eat without managing your weight, don't become an idol then go home and eat all you want.

Last edited:

VillageIdiot

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
kpop idols are 10% performance 20% music the rest is all about visual. it does not take a brainer to understand that. you guys just wanted to hate on JYP when he has valid points.

if you want to eat without managing your weight, don't become an idol then go home and eat all you want.
Okay you're trolling and I'm the 🤡

VillageIdiot

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship

Myco

Ace of Hearts
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Choice
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
In our normal fan eyes they aren't, but the Korean news outlets can be pretty disgusting with the fat shaming on idols who have a healthy weight.

They all have great bodies, and most of them don't even have to lose weight or go on a diet.
But it's similar to the modeling world, if you don't have the standards of a model u won't get booked for photoshoots or runways.

Sure there are X size models etc. But have u ever seen them walk together or in the same photoshoot? The only one i'm aware to include both in her campaigns are Rihanna for her beauty stuff.

I don't agree at all with Companies fat shaming their artists and forcing them on extreme diets but if you look at it from their eyes of any of their artists doesn't fit into the norm it could mean bad press and bashing of the artists from news outlets and knetz.

They want the best image for them so they don't have to go through anxiety etc. but sadly at the same time they don't notice that it damages them more than it does good in long term.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread