Why im not worried about nct (1 Viewer)

Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,579
Reactions Received
6,439
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
People keep going on about how nct sales are bad
and only comparing them to exo
exo being sm largest group << makes sense
i think sm isn't stupid enough to think every new group is going be there biggest
jyp doesn't disband groups just cause there not bigger than there last as people should say the same for stray kids as there not as big as got7

all of discography so may not be 100% perfect
we Boom nct dream 349,453 sales
Red velvet reve day one 167,919 sales
Superhuman nct 127, 333,357 sales
Time slip super junior 444,710 sales

no point putting exo here as there in the millions


other companies :
Straykids Miroh 171,796 sales
TXT magic 205,318 sales
​
 

Belgizen

Doyoung's wifey
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
12,760
Reactions Received
31,598
Location
Doyoung's Bed
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
46,298
Fandom
NCTzen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
People don't understand how SM has changed tactics:
When EXO debuted, Suju had less comebacks and were enlisting, thus majority of ELF jumped ship to EXO as they were shining and had the limelight for their own.
NCT debuted and EXO still was actively having comebacks etc. They shared the limelight...NCT is "too old" for having EXO-Ls jump ship (they're only now enlisting but they created sub-units so there are still activities). NCT has the rep for being "the flop group".

I get that SM tried to play safe but they also didn't let their newer group have a chance even.
Heck, Superhuman was THAT song but they postponed release so the hype died down
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,579
Reactions Received
6,439
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
People don't understand how SM has changed tactics:
When EXO debuted, Suju had less comebacks and were enlisting, thus majority of ELF jumped ship to EXO as they were shining and had the limelight for their own.
NCT debuted and EXO still was actively having comebacks etc. They shared the limelight...NCT is "too old" for having EXO-Ls jump ship (they're only now enlisting but they created sub-units so there are still activities). NCT has the rep for being "the flop group".

I get that SM tried to play safe but they also didn't let their newer group have a chance even.
Heck, Superhuman was THAT song but they postponed release so the hype died down
nct is making more than red velvet and groups put in the same category as them [straykids]
with nct being such a new concept to boy groups altogether and kpop
and a concept people keep hating on
they are doing really well
 

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
nct is making more than red velvet and groups put in the same category as them [straykids]
with nct being such a new concept to boy groups altogether and kpop
and a concept people keep hating on
they are doing really well
Plus I feel like a lot of their most popular members are in NCT Dream which is their least promoted unit. I feel like once the new unit debuts with the graduating Dream members they’ll end up being the big physical sellers of NCT, at least in Korea.
 
  • Like
Reactions: potato and JJbaker
Joined
26 May 2019
Messages
470
Reactions Received
1,735
Location
SM's basement
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I don’t think it is right to compare stray kids and TXT with NCT. NCT debuted in 2016 while the others debuted recently. Am I missing smth on Gaon the sales for Superhuman is 266K
 
  • Like
Reactions: potato
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I think it has a lot to do with their music, they’re releasing title tracks that aren’t exactly appealing to the gp. They need to make a hit. Also, stop adding members. I get that it’s there concept to constantly expand, but there are already so many people. Sm needs to make them more gp friendly instead of shipping them off to America every chance they get.
 
  • Like
Reactions: potato and Haolat
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,579
Reactions Received
6,439
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
I don’t think it is right to compare stray kids and TXT with NCT. NCT debuted in 2016 while the others debuted recently. Am I missing smth on Gaon the sales for Superhuman is 266K
gaon is only korean sales...
and stray kids debuted in 2017
so basically same as people comparing exo and bts
a year difference isnt really anything

specially when straykids had a whole tv show worth of promotion in 2016
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,579
Reactions Received
6,439
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Plus I feel like a lot of their most popular members are in NCT Dream which is their least promoted unit. I feel like once the new unit debuts with the graduating Dream members they’ll end up being the big physical sellers of NCT, at least in Korea.
I feel like the new unit is going be pushed hard in korea tbh as i sense that with the non 127 dream members

jaemin was really pushed hard same with jeno
so i sense something big
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,579
Reactions Received
6,439
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
I think it has a lot to do with their music, they’re releasing title tracks that aren’t exactly appealing to the gp. They need to make a hit. Also, stop adding members. I get that it’s there concept to constantly expand, but there are already so many people. Sm needs to make them more gp friendly instead of shipping them off to America every chance they get.
so basically not be nct?
change literally everything about the group and hope people still like it...

when alot people already like there concept
 
Joined
26 May 2019
Messages
470
Reactions Received
1,735
Location
SM's basement
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
gaon is only korean sales...
and stray kids debuted in 2017
so basically same as people comparing exo and bts
a year difference isnt really anything

specially when straykids had a whole tv show worth of promotion in 2016
Stray kids debuted in 2018. and if you compare NCT(2016 debut) with Seventeen(2015 debut) the gap in sales is big
 
  • Like
Reactions: potato
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,579
Reactions Received
6,439
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Stray kids debuted in 2018. and if you compare NCT(2016 debut) with Seventeen(2015 debut) the gap in sales is big
if you google straykids debut it says 2017 xD
but still we are comparing normal groups to original idea
what alot people still dont accept <<< for no reason really
 
  • Like
Reactions: potato and Haolat
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
so basically not be nct?
change literally everything about the group and hope people still like it...

when alot people already like there concept
all I'm saying is to just appeal to the gp more so they can gain more fans. just make better title tracks, superhuman and regular were good songs. I think they could become big if they did more of that. I think nct dream could be a successful group if they were seperate. and how many members are they gonna add? cause from an outside perspective it seems like sm is just adding more members for the hell of it and never really using them to their advantage.
 
  • Like
Reactions: potato
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,579
Reactions Received
6,439
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
all I'm saying is to just appeal to the gp more so they can gain more fans. just make better title tracks, superhuman and regular were good songs. I think they could become big if they did more of that. I think nct dream could be a successful group if they were seperate. and how many members are they gonna add? cause from an outside perspective it seems like sm is just adding more members for the hell of it and never really using them to their advantage.
Well alot of nct fans dont see nct as one big group
its just its own tiny company
with groups within it
and i feel like that what sm was going for
nct dream << the rookies kinda thing
they dont promote as much they are more focus on youtube doing small school concerts etc

nct 127 << the main group

nct u << sm station of nct

wayv << the china group xD

i feel like they need to let go of the unit thing and treat them more as separate groups within a larger group
i do agree this year songs was there best bomb was one of the highest selling albums this year [came 8th and 127 came 9th]
 

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
I think it has a lot to do with their music, they’re releasing title tracks that aren’t exactly appealing to the gp. They need to make a hit. Also, stop adding members. I get that it’s there concept to constantly expand, but there are already so many people. Sm needs to make them more gp friendly instead of shipping them off to America every chance they get.
I feel like you're only focusing on nct 127 here. Although they are the most promoted, the other sub-units of NCT make music which does fit in with the gp's taste. I'm not exactly a fan of NCT 127's music either but I don't really see a problem with them pursuing something different. SM clearly wants NCT 127 to be more of a international group and have their other sub-units such as NCT Dream be more gp oreintated.

Like I mentioned before, I don't really see the problem with making music that isn't fit to Korea's general taste. Red Velvet certainly don't make music that fits the very stereotyped general Korean taste, but they still do exceedingly well. NCT 127 don't really need to worry about having music that is oreintated towards Korea anyway when SM is clearly trying to push them to the Western market.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I feel like you're only focusing on nct 127 here. Although they are the most promoted, the other sub-units of NCT make music which does fit in with the gp's taste. I'm not exactly a fan of NCT 127's music either but I don't really see a problem with them pursuing something different. SM clearly wants NCT 127 to be more of a international group and have their other sub-units such as NCT Dream be more gp oreintated.

Like I mentioned before, I don't really see the problem with making music that isn't fit to Korea's general taste. Red Velvet certainly don't make music that fits the very stereotyped general Korean taste, but they still do exceedingly well. NCT 127 don't really need to worry about having music that is oreintated towards Korea anyway when SM is clearly trying to push them to the Western market.
eh, id say that red velvet mostly does release music that appeals to the gp, I mean all of their hits are gp centered songs. and I'm not saying that making songs that aren't gp friendly is wrong, but if they wanted to gain more fans and chart better as a group and make nct as a brand more trusted, then maybe appealing to the gp for a bit isn't such a bad idea. anyways, that's what sidetracks are for. release a title track that's catchy and fun to listen to and then make the side tracks whatever you want to be.
 
  • Like
Reactions: potato

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
eh, id say that red velvet mostly does release music that appeals to the gp, I mean all of their hits are gp centered songs. and I'm not saying that making songs that aren't gp friendly is wrong, but if they wanted to gain more fans and chart better as a group and make nct as a brand more trusted, then maybe appealing to the gp for a bit isn't such a bad idea. anyways, that's what sidetracks are for. release a title track that's catchy and fun to listen to and then make the side tracks whatever you want to be.
Red Velvet's last proper hit was Red Flavour in 2017 (which isn't a bad thing at all of course) . All songs following that haven't been enormously popular with the gp at all due to the different genres and different styles RV went for. I guess what you're saying could be right - SM started off with less experimental songs, established a solid fanbase and then tried something different. But NCT127 simply aren't targetted towards Korea. That's what NCT Dream is for - they do everything you're talking about.

What I think SM didn't predict, is the popularity of Dream internationally. Dream should definitely be promoted more if SM wants to gain that trust you're talking about. Also because us NCTzens need more content :pandasad:
 
  • Like
Reactions: amourpinks
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Red Velvet's last proper hit was Red Flavour in 2017 (which isn't a bad thing at all of course) . All songs following that haven't been enormously popular with the gp at all due to the different genres and different styles RV went for. I guess what you're saying could be right - SM started off with less experimental songs, established a solid fanbase and then tried something different. But NCT127 simply aren't targetted towards Korea. That's what NCT Dream is for - they do everything you're talking about.

What I think SM didn't predict, is the popularity of Dream internationally. Dream should definitely be promoted more if SM wants to gain that trust you're talking about. Also because us NCTzens need more content :pandasad:
even then id like different music from nct127, honestly sm is totally reading the trends in america wrong, america as of right now has shifted highly into r&b and rap, and more chill music. instead of giving them noisy songs, like simon says, sm should be making songs like the 7th sense (probably one of my favorite nct tracks tbh). I think they'd gain more fans internationally if they were to shift to that type of music. also yes honestly dream should be a separate group of its own if I'm gonna be honest, I think they'd be a good gateway for fans to get into nct.
 
  • Love
Reactions: potato

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
even then id like different music from nct127, honestly sm is totally reading the trends in america wrong, america as of right now has shifted highly into r&b and rap, and more chill music. instead of giving them noisy songs, like simon says, sm should be making songs like the 7th sense (probably one of my favorite nct tracks tbh). I think they'd gain more fans internationally if they were to shift to that type of music. also yes honestly dream should be a separate group of its own if I'm gonna be honest, I think they'd be a good gateway for fans to get into nct.
I agree with you wholeheartedly.
SM are you listening? No, you're probably looking at wrong stats and coming up with your next noisy song for NCT 127 :yolk:
On a slightly more serious tone though, I think SM have been realising that their method isn't working, hence giving them songs like Superhuman.
 
  • Like
Reactions: amourpinks
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I agree with you wholeheartedly.
SM are you listening? No, you're probably looking at wrong stats and coming up with your next noisy song for NCT 127 :yolk:
On a slightly more serious tone though, I think SM have been realising that their method isn't working, hence giving them songs like Superhuman.
maybe your right, although you never know with sm, they release good songs that make you question your existence in a good way and then they release songs that make you question why you're even into kpop.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: potato

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread