Exactly ^^
Everyone knew since I was little I'm a lesbian... But being surrounded by homophobes, friends threatening to ditch me if I turned into a lesbian... I tried to pray the gay away... I spent my teens rejecting fake crushes on boys (that I made up to prove my friends I was "straight") and making up excuses for actual crushes on girls... Questioning if that really nice guy might be an actual crush, but I even rejected those... Then you get older, you're no longer too young to care about sex (regardless of wether you act on it) girls around me were like "dick this, dick that" and then there was me: still grossed out by the thought, while my interest in women kept growing... It's truly a process of finding and accepting yourself (wether gay, bi, trans, anything) Your own personality (how stubborn are you, how good can you lie to yourself?) plays a big role on top of people around you and the media. Teens nowadays have it so much easier, while I have it easier than people 30+
I still avoid my old friends... Tho some may accept me now (it's 2019, come on) I'm not ready to get accused of having "turned" into anything, or deciding to not like boys anymore, I just tried to not get abandoned...
This old lady, got abandoned by her own family, she only has her granddaughter left who got kicked out by her parents... (She's straight but still, oh so loving Christians) it's sick...