Why is twitter so political (1 Viewer)

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,388
Reactions Received
151,400
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Doesn't it get old? Stupid people are going to be stupid no matter what, what's the point in correcting them? :sanathink:
 

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
.
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
36,941
Reactions Received
64,079
Location
You did well Moonbin <3
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Multi <3
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I think a lot of people enjoy virtue signalling each other on that site about how great they are for doing the most basic of good things. Like even for cancel culture they'll glorify themselves for either hating it or thinking "it's not that bad it's important". It's kind of tiring to see I guess, though I'm no better for commenting this am I :ilovebread: It's ok I know I am far from perfect :pandaamazed:
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,388
Reactions Received
151,400
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I think a lot of people enjoy virtue signalling each other on that site about how great they are for doing the most basic of good things. Like even for cancel culture they'll glorify themselves for either hating it or thinking "it's not that bad it's important". It's kind of tiring to see I guess, though I'm no better for commenting this am I :ilovebread: It's ok I know I am far from perfect :pandaamazed:
Knowing you're not perfect is always important, no one is :sanapray:
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,388
Reactions Received
151,400
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Twitter is a whole new kind of tea :wimwim:
At first I didn't mind because I have political opinions myself but it gets old and is so extremist. :wimwim:
 

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
.
.
Joined
24 November 2018
Messages
52,131
Reactions Received
94,782
Location
Dreamworld
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
132,191
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
Twitter in general is rough.

Political Twitter is something else entirely. I run away from it really fast!
:lisalaugh: :taesip:
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,388
Reactions Received
151,400
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Twitter in general is rough.

Political Twitter is something else entirely. I run away from it really fast!
:lisalaugh: :taesip:
Political twitter is almost as bad as kpop twitter :wimwim:
 

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship
At first I didn't mind because I have political opinions myself but it gets old and is so extremist. :wimwim:
I mean sure, everybody has a different opinion, but people on Twitter are like animals :wimwim:
 

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
.
.
Joined
24 November 2018
Messages
52,131
Reactions Received
94,782
Location
Dreamworld
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
132,191
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
Political twitter is almost as bad as kpop twitter :wimwim:
So true!
:lisalaugh:

That's why KS is the best place on the internet for me. We can have K-pop discussions without people trying to convert you in to thinking their faves are the only thing that matters on Earth and why my faves are stupid and not good at paving anything...
:jisoosmh::reallysadcat: :haylul:
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Yili and Ahsoka

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,388
Reactions Received
151,400
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
So true!
:lisalaugh:

That's why KS is the best place on the internet for me. We can have K-pop discussions without people trying to convert you in to thinking their faves are the only thing that matters on Earth and why my faves are stupid and not good at paving anything...
:jisoosmh::reallysadcat: :haylul:
Only person that paved the way in my books is Ten :sj_weary:
1608047626494.png
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
How do you escape political twitter when people's whole identity is being a non-active activist?? You can't-that's why I deleted twitter.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
5,686
Reactions Received
16,237
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I enjoy cyber bullying government officials.
I will say though that conservatives were going to Parler but upon realizing there's nobody on the left to fight there the site is now losing the quick popularity it gained lol. So basically people like to argue
Political twitter is almost as bad as kpop twitter :wimwim:
the fact that I have two separate accounts to be on both these sides of twitter :lisalaugh:
 
Last edited:
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
twitter is only political if you make it political. if you follow people who talk about politics your gonna have politics on your TL. just dont follow people who talk about politics and you'll barely ever see it.

seriously, people complain so much about Twitter and then fail to realize that you're doing it to yourself. if you look at the trending page it has all types of stuff on it, not just kpop, not just politics, not just sports or whatever, it has everything on it. you have to curate your own feed to make sure that nothing that you don't like is on there. it's not twitters fault. It's the people who cant spend more than ten minutes just unfollowing people who they don't like and going on with their day.
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,388
Reactions Received
151,400
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
twitter is only political if you make it political. if you follow people who talk about politics your gonna have politics on your TL. just dont follow people who talk about politics and you'll barely ever see it.

seriously, people complain so much about Twitter and then fail to realize that you're doing it to yourself. if you look at the trending page it has all types of stuff on it, not just kpop, not just politics, not just sports or whatever, it has everything on it. you have to curate your own feed to make sure that nothing that you don't like is on there. it's not twitters fault. It's the people who cant spend more than ten minutes just unfollowing people who they don't like and going on with their day.
I follow exclusively kpop news accounts but still see a lot about politics in the trending section
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I follow exclusively kpop news accounts but still see a lot about politics in the trending section
well yeah because Twitter doesn't just exclusively revolve around kpop. there have been times where I go on Twitter and look at the trending section on a bts member's birthday and it's exclusively kpop related tweets about them. there have been other times where I go on after a big football game and it's exclusively about football. and there have been other times where a big game comes out and people are only talking about that.

twitters trending page is just going off of what the most popular at the moment to talk about. in America this has been the biggest election in years, and every day there's something new or urgent going on in the American political world so of course there's gonna be politics in the trending section, that's just how it works. I went on my trending right now, it has not only politics, but video games, kpop, sports etc, its not just politics.
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,388
Reactions Received
151,400
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
well yeah because Twitter doesn't just exclusively revolve around kpop. there have been times where I go on Twitter and look at the trending section on a bts member's birthday and it's exclusively kpop related tweets about them. there have been other times where I go on after a big football game and it's exclusively about football. and there have been other times where a big game comes out and people are only talking about that.

twitters trending page is just going off of what the most popular at the moment to talk about. in America this has been the biggest election in years, and every day there's something new or urgent going on in the American political world so of course there's gonna be politics in the trending section, that's just how it works. I went on my trending right now, it has not only politics, but video games, kpop, sports etc, its not just politics.
My point is why do people feel the need to argue about the election every day, thats the point of this thread. Politics trends more than anything else does.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
My point is why do people feel the need to argue about the election every day, thats the point of this thread. Politics trends more than anything else does.
well because this election was one of the most important in history, people are going to keep talking about it. Twitter isn't just for one audience, if politics is in the trending it's because that's what the people are talking about. Right now at the number one trending spot on twitter, its about a basketball player who got signed to the bulls for five more years. and the #2 spot is about best buy because they just had a big drop for PS5s which are mostly sold out everywhere. it differs day to day.
 
Joined
14 December 2020
Messages
87
Reactions Received
143
Location
taeyeons vocal cords
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
i agree twitter feels political sometimes, and it often feels like politics are forced, but i think it depends on where you live or who you follow maybe? idk, it might just be because people wont stop talking about politics
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ahsoka

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread