COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Why The Shows criteria change could be worse than you think (1 Viewer)

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
The Show has always been known as a charity award for it being easier to win due to their rule that you have to perform to be eligible for a win and previous criteria for The Show have reflected this as there has been no broadcast points criteria.

The new criteria though has 1500 broadcast points up for grabs though which this criteria could only really work to me if they are awarding people without attending like other music shows with it do as if artists have to attend to be eligible then everyone gets the criteria anyway so it'd be pointless.

This along with the points for live voting would make it so that out of the 10,000 points there are 3,000 in the broadcast score and live voting would also make it so that even if a group isn't performing on The Show their fandom still has a reason to watch as otherwise they'd be missing out on 1/3rd of the total score.

Thoughts?

@Boy Group @Girl Group

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
I certainly don't like the change. Just the fact that international fans can't vote now sucks.
:nekopout:

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
It's gonna be the same groups winning on all shows now, not a fan of this change. I know The Show gets made fun of for being a "charity win" for smaller groups but you can clearly tell it means a lot to the group and their fans and we won't see a lot of such 1st wins anymore.

In that regard, I kinda like how Inkigayo has the triple crown after which it doesn't let you win anymore lol.

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
It's gonna be the same groups winning on all shows now, not a fan of this change. I know The Show gets made fun of for being a "charity win" for smaller groups but you can clearly tell it means a lot to the group and their fans and we won't see a lot of such 1st wins anymore.

In that regard, I kinda like how Inkigayo has the triple crown after which it doesn't let you win anymore lol.
Yeah people made fun of The Show just because of the attendance rule even though groups could've just attended for the win and I think Music Banks criteria is the most nonsensical out of them all given that one of the criteria has unlimited points.

The triple crown is actually in most shows as it's only Music Bank and Show! Music Core that don't have it which have had songs winning 10 times in total

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Reveluv
My thought on the matter is this. Even if Dreamcatcher scored the highest number of points for that week and were the legitimate winners. 'The Show' would still find a way of screwing them out of their rightfully deserved first win.

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
why make things better, when they can be made worse :wimwim:

mysteric

.*゚+ rest in peace our little pear blossom *+.
Reactions Received
Website
aespas.carrd.com
KS Coins
Fandom
MeU & MY
Pronouns
she ♡ her
Ship
My thought on the matter is this. Even if Dreamcatcher scored the highest number of points for that week and were the legitimate winners. 'The Show' would still find a way of screwing them out of their rightfully deserved first win.
I never even knew negative points were allowed before then :sippinthetea:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread