COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Sensitive Why X1 meant so much to me (1 Viewer)

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi-king
Ship
Now, this might bring back memories to some and I'm sorry for that but I gotta get this off my chest.
(I'm reminiscing about a kpop group ok, I'm kind of a sad bitch :pepecry1: )

My story with X1 starts way before they debut together. Almost each of the members made an impact on me prior to watching the show or getting to know them.

Seungwoo
1611219124673.png

So the story begins with Victon. I'll admit I didn't stan Victon per say before Seungwoo and I didn't really know Seungwoo either. What I did know tho, was this song

It was one of my first nugu songs that I really enjoyed and I'll always remember it cause of how good it is. And the fact that it's name is "Remember Me".
Hearing that someone from Victon was joinging PX101 is one of the reasons I watched in the first place. Seungwoo grew on me a lot cause I was being biased af towards Victon :haylul: It was easy to love him as a great all-arounder and a father figure in X1. Seungwoo had such an emotional departure from Victonwhich was abruptly ended and his X1 experience was never fulfilled...

Wooseok
1611219210073.png

While Seungwoo was my first interactions, Wooseok was my most memorable, he's also my bias. Similarly to Victon I listened to UP10TION early on as nugu artists that had a few really really talented members, and a perfect boy called Wooseok. He was legit the only one of them I distinctively remembered by face. He was 50% of why i watched px101.
Wooseok as a person isn't really that outgoing but during px101 he became more open and I really enjoyed his performances and seeing him not be scared to talk anymore.
I still wish he won to this day but that's my main connection and it is what it is. He's never been able to shine with UP10TION so X1 was a great way for him to get the spotlight he deserved and it was ripped from him...

Seungyeon
1611220003329.png

This one's a doozy. I listened to him when he was in UNIQ, I listened to him as both WOODZ and Luizy. I at no point knew these 3 people were the same person until PX101. So I was connected to him without ever knowing, fcking hilarious I know. On the show he was easily one of my top 3, he was an idiot of epic proportions, a brilliant rapper, a brilliant singer and a visual to boot, he was pretty good at dancing too and somehow always managed to be the center of attention on every stage (probably that damn collar bone).
His chance with UNIQ was squandered cause of management, and his solos were doing ok but not great so him debuting was great for his popularity so after it all... he's still a solo but I wish he had a different choice.

Hangyul
1611220211399.png

Now Hangyul had the most turbulent of experiences, I first watched him on The Unit where he failed to make the cut despite being one of my main picks. He appeared in one of UNB's MVs which was awesome but only on PX101 did he get to shine finally. He had a pretty hard life before all of this too. He didn't have much to show throughout the show besides his dancing and tattoos cause he's not the greatest of singers but he's physically a beast and really good at dancing. He has a very husky voice which makes his talks very interesting. I was really thankful that he got to debut so it made it all the more sad after everything...

Junho
1611220674024.png

Junho was my new L, Infinite were going to the ARMY and he was yet another emotionless visually stunning Woolim trainee, similarly to Bea Jinyoung in W1. As a Woolim stan I had to support him as soon as I saw him. Admittedly besides his visuals he wasn't that good, he was talented but he needed work. His personality was also a big flat 0, so his visuals are what kept me rooting lol. I wanted to see him grow like Jinyoung did but unfortunately that never happened...

Hyeongjun and Minhee
1611220978321.png
1611221007253.png

Being a Monbebe I felt a bit obliged to follow the little Starship rascals too. Hyeongjun grew on me immediately cause of how baby-like, energetic and overall talented he was. Minhee was never my main pick per say, I liked him but he seemed emotionless tho he was a good vocalist and very toll boi so I ended up liking him too eventually. Despite them both ending up in Cravity their growth in X1 would have surely been staggering and could have readied them for Cravity better.

Dongpyo
1611221188541.png

Similarly to Hyeongjun but maybe a bit less, Dongpyo was really cute and interesting as a character and had a lot of talent in every aspect, so much growth potential and none of it was used up in the end...

Dohyon
1611221457601.png

Looked like a damn baby but became a great rapper and composer. As a genius type I was pretty sure he was gonna debut no matter what and I was right. I wa shoping that he could grow his genius similarly to Daehwi in W1 but that didn't happen and now he's stuck in BAE173 which I swear to god... if they get popular I will be the first to apologize.

Eunsang and Yohan
I'm sad to say that I had little to no connection to them both. Both were in my opinion visuals and almost nothing else... I wanted to like them and hoped during X1 to learn more about them but... it never happened.
Yohans PX101 storyline was never good and I barely remember Eunsang at all from the show. So, sorry to the boys, I still follow them both but I'm not really connected like I am with all the others.

And so their story ended right after it began... my deep connection with them came to through different forces through the years so their disbandment hit me more than any other could. Not only did most of them mean something to me but I didn't even have a chance to enjoy in their shenanigans for longer than a month... They disbanded early and left me somewhat broken and no longer able to enjoy stanning new groups like I did before, cause it hurt too much to lose so much in a second.
I'm being a wuss over a kpop group but yea... this is probably why I've mostly been avoiding bg's and followin gg's... At least with IZ*ONE now their contract will end after they've had time to do their thing... That's it for me. A sad thread from me!

Reactions Received
KS Coins
simply... BRING X1 BACK >:(
IF IZONE GOT TO FINNISH THERE TIME
LET X1

simply make a whole show about them coming back
have them talk about the crime within the show and why it bad blah blah
BAM redebut

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi-king
Ship
simply... BRING X1 BACK >:(
IF IZONE GOT TO FINNISH THERE TIME
LET X1

simply make a whole show about them coming back
have them talk about the crime within the show and why it bad blah blah
BAM redebut
I'm pretty sure the members would love this. But the companies wouldn't. It's all false hopes now unfortunately... Unless we get a literal miracle where they all fail completely and the companies agree the only way it works out is to bring em back...

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I'm pretty sure the members would love this. But the companies wouldn't. It's all false hopes now unfortunately... Unless we get a literal miracle where they all fail completely and the companies agree the only way it works out is to bring em back...
Im just hoping all groups stay roughly on same level for next 2 years

and we get chance of a collab stage with some of the members

at this point all we can hope for

as iland wasnt on the level as produce for me tbh
so hoping for a show similar at some point
otherwise i guess ill have to Japan and Chinese versions

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi-king
Ship
Im just hoping all groups stay roughly on same level for next 2 years

and we get chance of a collab stage with some of the members

at this point all we can hope for

as iland wasnt on the level as produce for me tbh
so hoping for a show similar at some point
otherwise i guess ill have to Japan and Chinese versions
Yea, same. I want a group from different companies and interesting combos. Not BTS wannabees and a YG shit-show that barely debut in the end...

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Yea, same. I want a group from different companies and interesting combos. Not BTS wannabees and a YG shit-show that barely debut in the end...
I kinda like how the show was opening up to trainees without companies
and sm actually sent some1 [even though models] felt like they were testing the waters to maybe send actual trainees in the future

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread