Appreciation Winner Seungyoon won King of masked singer (1 Viewer)

Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
8,028
Reactions Received
19,590
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
First YG idol to do it and against So Chan Whee !







I am so glad for him because he is so passionate about singing and he is kinda underrated. He is really a nice vocalist but no one talk about it. And with that, people outside the Inner circle fandom often ignore that he is Winner main producer, composer and lyricist.
 

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
Second idol in YG ?
Nope, I meant second idol ever.:nekosweat:

But I researched into it and it seems like there are a bit more. But there are very few idols who do become king:sanapray:
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
so proud of him. he has such amazing vocals it‘s surreal
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Nope, I meant second idol ever.:nekosweat:

But I researched into it and it seems like there are a bit more. But there are very few idols who do become king:sanapray:
Yeah I thought so, coz Solji and Kyuhyun just off the top of my head :lisalaugh:
There may be more but yeah, still an achievement :sanapray:
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,353
Reactions Received
27,110
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
528
Fandom
MY
Gender
Other
I am thinking the same thing since forever honestly.
Maybe it was sexist thinking at first that when the show was being made, the creators thought that women would never win which is ridiculous as although there are probably more male winners in the history of the show, there have been a lot of female winners.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Evergreen
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
8,028
Reactions Received
19,590
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
Maybe it was sexist thinking at first that when the show was being made, the creators thought that women would never win which is ridiculous as although there are probably more male winners in the history of the show, there have been a lot of female winners.
I think that it’s more deep than that. The world « king » is sometimes used to speak indifferently about a woman or a man. The language itself is sexist and traduce society’s sexism.
 
  • Love
Reactions: spicy_illusion
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,353
Reactions Received
27,110
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
528
Fandom
MY
Gender
Other
I think that it’s more deep than that. The world « king » is sometimes used to speak indifferently about a woman or a man. The language itself is sexist and traduce society’s sexism.
I can definitely agree with that!
I wish they would just add 'Queen' to the title of the show or simply change it to 'The Masked Singer' and be inclusive to everyone.
Out of all of the masked singer shows, S.Korea and China are the only countries who has 'King' at the beginning and most other countries have gone with 'The Masked Singer'.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Evergreen

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread