News WM Entertainment announces LAUN's departure from ONF and the company (1 Viewer)

Myco

Ace of Hearts
.
.
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
33,247
Reactions Received
81,309
Location
Beat Interactive
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,036
Fandom
Choice
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
Something must’ve happened pretty suddenly and drastic for this to happen. He’s part of the teasers for their comeback too. I hope Minseok’s ok :umjicry:
Yeah, I can only hope that he will be fine whatever happened, poor boy :sadcat:
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,193
Reactions Received
76,667
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,512
Ship
Wreck
Hmm i'm not sure if this was the right thing to do, he could just need some time off and then later if he decides his heart just isn't in it then let him go as if he does regain his interest, he can't really just jump back into ONF but it is possible he insisted on his contract being terminated, whatever it was hopefully it works out for the best.
 

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male


Well damn, Minseok’s issues are so personal not even the members were expecting it.
NGL, when I originally read the first statement I immediately thought that there must be some sort of Me Too type situation going on, just because of how vague the statement was and sudden the announcement seemed. I mean, why else would a company just let an idol who was still under contract just leave especially when the group in gearing up for a comeback? But this makes it sound as though it was due to something else.
 
Last edited:

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,193
Reactions Received
76,667
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,512
Ship
Wreck
NGL, when I originally read the first statement I immediately thought that there must be some sort of Me Too type situation going on, just because of how vague the statement was and sudden the announcement seemed. I mean, why else would a company just let an idol who was still under contract just leave especially when the group in gearing up for a comeback? But this makes it sound as though it was due to something else.
JinE was let out of her contract after being on hiatus for anorexia but I didn't take the statement as anything particular happened but that Laun was just burned out and decided he didn't want to do it anymore.
 

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
JinE was let out of her contract after being on hiatus for anorexia but I didn't take the statement as anything particular happened but that Laun was just burned out and decided he didn't want to do it anymore.
Yeah but having an ED is different from just straight up quitting, either way I hope everyone involved ends up fine.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,193
Reactions Received
76,667
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,512
Ship
Wreck
Yeah but having an ED is different from just straight up quitting, either way I hope everyone involved ends up fine.
They could have offered him a buy out which he took for all we know but there really is no point keeping him if he doesn't want to do it as on one hand sure they wasted money on him but you gotta look at the other hand in that he would be miserable if they forced him to continue which could come back around on them and also will affect the mood of the group since you could have the rest having the time of their life and him looking like he'd rather be anywhere else.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Myco and QueenB
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
5,686
Reactions Received
16,237
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Well I hope he's alright if it's for health reasons. Rather have him recovering than stuck in a contract
 
  • Like
Reactions: Myco

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread