Would you go back to school later in life? (1 Viewer)

Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
like say in your mid-30s, 40s, 50s or even 60s. there are so called "universities of third age" (literal translation) where you can take up courses on various subjects when you are 55+. you don´t really get a degree though, but of course you can always start your PhD career at any age.

Would you do that?
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,348
Reactions Received
76,683
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
189,130
Ship
Wreck
Probably not as unless you go into a specific area nowadays it's better to just have actual experience than just a certificate
 
  • Like
Reactions: brekker
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
Probably not as unless you go into a specific area nowadays it's better to just have actual experience than just a certificate
true, it´s more like if you are interested to getting it for yourself?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Abeamus

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,348
Reactions Received
76,683
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
189,130
Ship
Wreck
true, it´s more like if you are interested to getting it for yourself?
Well without the self motivation it'd be a lot of stress for little pay off so I think I'd rather avoid that
 
  • Like
Reactions: brekker

Magician

girl in the bubble ☆
.
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
29,345
Reactions Received
36,273
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
66,410
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I was thinking to go back to university and become a primary school teacher, but I would have to go back to Ireland for that and that't not something I want right now.
Maybe in a few years, who knows

But if I go back to university then when I'm still in my twenties or early thirties
 
  • Like
Reactions: brekker

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
I was gonna go to graduate school but now I’m not sure if it’s even worth it
 
  • Like
Reactions: brekker
Joined
6 March 2019
Messages
2,786
Reactions Received
3,813
Location
Italia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
3,970
Gender
Female
I think I will. Currently I am applying for English Literature and highly doubt it is profitable in Europe, however, applying for masters is my only way to migrate. (I can't apply for another B.A because my high school grades are horrible).
So once I am stable in Europe, I think I will go back to school, to study something better.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread