Sensitive Would You Prefer to Have a Diagnosis or No? (1 Viewer)

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I know this is usually kind of a mixed bag when you get diagnosed with something.
I know for me I have been diagnosed with about four medical/mental health issues within my entire lifetime.
In some cases the diagnosis is such a relief but in some cases I wish there wasn't a diagnosis as well.

I know more so with my mental health I am glad for the diagnosis.
But with my physical diagnosis,' I sometimes feel upset by the diagnosis
and wish it wasn't made in the first place.

If you've never been diagnosed with something just answer hypothetically.
Also if you have been diagnosed with stuff no need to say what it is.
I won't reveal what some of mine are but I'm curious about your guys' thoughts.​
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I would, I like having a name and potential ways to help attached to my problems.
My physical diagnosis' I feel like somewhat help me in the long run but also aren't really TREATABLE either which is why I don't like them.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ahsoka

Myco

Ace of Hearts
.
.
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
33,247
Reactions Received
81,309
Location
Beat Interactive
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,036
Fandom
Choice
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
Idk if you've seen this video, but in the video she says she wasn't diagnosed for like 20 years, and as a child doctors told her to stop being an attention seeker. I'd definitely want to be diagnosed, having a name already gives u a point where u can start by yourself
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Idk if you've seen this video, but in the video she says she wasn't diagnosed for like 20 years, and as a child doctors told her to stop being an attention seeker. I'd definitely want to be diagnosed, having a name already gives u a point where u can start by yourself
Sadly I wonder if getting an early diagnosis would prevent bullying in cases like this?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Myco

Myco

Ace of Hearts
.
.
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
33,247
Reactions Received
81,309
Location
Beat Interactive
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,036
Fandom
Choice
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
Sadly I wonder if getting an early diagnosis would prevent bullying in cases like this?
I think it would at least help it, if classmates, teachers and such knew what you have and that it is something serious at least some of the ones who had good parenting would understand and stop making jokes etc. that make the person uncomfortable
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips
Joined
6 October 2020
Messages
4,797
Reactions Received
8,789
Location
at yo dining table eatin yo pizza
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
STARWOL
Gender
Female
I know this is usually kind of a mixed bag when you get diagnosed with something.
I know for me I have been diagnosed with about four medical/mental health issues within my entire lifetime.
In some cases the diagnosis is such a relief but in some cases I wish there wasn't a diagnosis as well.

I know more so with my mental health I am glad for the diagnosis.
But with my physical diagnosis,' I sometimes feel upset by the diagnosis
and wish it wasn't made in the first place.

If you've never been diagnosed with something just answer hypothetically.
Also if you have been diagnosed with stuff no need to say what it is.
I won't reveal what some of mine are but I'm curious about your guys' thoughts.​
its people their own right to not want to know
i actually know someone, a friend through boyfriend
who CLEARLY got something like Gilles de la Tourette but he does not want it to get diagnosed and be put on paper
he afraid it will fak his life up if it got written down officialy

thats his right
but i think for some other cases, sometimes being in denial your whole life can fak up your life as well
because sometimes with having a personality disorder for example, if you don't want the diagnose...... but it can cause all kinds of trouble in your life......
how you suppose to have a better life if you don't even want to know acknowledge the truth and the origin of some problems you keep having?
people don't think about that enough in my opinion
from all my life experience
i have seen plenty in denial and thus go through life with too many struggles that could of probably been prevented if they went to seek help and maybe took meds
this incl family members and others
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Mew

~Angel of Death~
.
Joined
29 November 2018
Messages
2,249
Reactions Received
4,602
Location
England, London
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
6
Fandom
Shawol
Gender
Female
I always like to know as I can know how to improve or manage my health issues better if possible, depending on what it is I can feel bit over whelmed but it better for me thst way to process.
I don't really get too affected by much since my family (both sides) is riddled with bad genetics when it comes to both mental health and physical health, so it almost expected.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
its people their own right to not want to know
i actually know someone, a friend through boyfriend
who CLEARLY got something like Gilles de la Tourette but he does not want it to get diagnosed and be put on paper
he afraid it will fak his life up if it got written down officialy

thats his right
but i think for some other cases, sometimes being in denial your whole life can fak up your life as well
because sometimes with having a personality disorder for example, if you don't want the diagnose...... but it can cause all kinds of trouble in your life......
how you suppose to have a better life if you don't even want to know acknowledge the truth and the origin of some problems you keep having?
people don't think about that enough in my opinion
from all my life experience
i have seen plenty in denial and thus go through life with too many struggles that could of probably been prevented if they went to seek help and maybe took meds
this incl family members and others
I completely agree with the personality part. Those can genuinely fuck up a person's life if undiagnosed and not treated.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,254
Reactions Received
76,671
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,857
Ship
Wreck
I think having a diagnosis is better than not in most cases as there are usually ways to help but there are definitely certain cases where having that knowledge can be bad like some people can know that they'll get dimentia or something which that knowledge would be pretty haunting.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips
Joined
6 October 2020
Messages
4,797
Reactions Received
8,789
Location
at yo dining table eatin yo pizza
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
STARWOL
Gender
Female
Sadly I wonder if getting an early diagnosis would prevent bullying in cases like this?
early diagnosis as in getting it when you like 6 years old?
it can help but often enough also goes the wrong way

recently i saw on tv a kiddo got the wrong meds cause of that and it gave me him an extra disorder in the end and he feels scarred for life cause of it
its nice to get a diagnose as a parent but giving all kinds of meds to a young kid can be so damaging if the doctor makes mistakes
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
early diagnosis as in getting it when you like 6 years old?
it can help but often enough also goes the wrong way

recently i saw on tv a kiddo got the wrong meds cause of that and it gave me him an extra disorder in the end and he feels scarred for life cause of it
its nice to get a diagnose as a parent but giving all kinds of meds to a young kid can be so damaging if the doctor makes mistakes
This is my view on ADHD in particular. I have an official diagnosis-like months of testing were done on me as a child to MAKE SURE I had it. But I know MANY MANY kids get diagnosed with it when they do not have it and they just get hocked up on unnecessary medication.
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I think having a diagnosis is better than not in most cases as there are usually ways to help but there are definitely certain cases where having that knowledge can be bad like some people can know that they'll get dimentia or something which that knowledge would be pretty haunting.
The amount of cancer that runs in my family is what haunts me.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Abeamus
Joined
6 October 2020
Messages
4,797
Reactions Received
8,789
Location
at yo dining table eatin yo pizza
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
STARWOL
Gender
Female
This is my view on ADHD in particular. I have an official diagnosis-like months of testing were done on me as a child to MAKE SURE I had it. But I know MANY MANY kids get diagnosed with it when they do not have it and they just get hocked up on unnecessary medication.
yes this is a well known issue all over the globe i think
absolutely terrible how doctors go about it that way
and i dont want to be negative nancy but i believe it partly has to do with money
this is a way for the pharmaceutical world to earn money and they care less about the human health aspect
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
yes this is a well known issue all over the globe i think
absolutely terrible how doctors go about it that way
and i dont want to be negative nancy but i believe it partly has to do with money
this is a way for the pharmaceutical world to earn money and they care less about the human health aspect
In some countries they think ADHD is a made-up disorder because it's so overdiagnosed which si also incredibly damaging. I just wish people were way more careful with the diagnosis. The need for them can be very harmful if given to someone who does not need them.
 
  • Like
Reactions: SHlNEE

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Same, it's the main reason why I avoid smoking all together
I avoid smoking as well but my main issue is alcohol-I'm not an alcoholic by any means but I still drink more than I'd like to and it's all social.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Abeamus

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,254
Reactions Received
76,671
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,857
Ship
Wreck
I avoid smoking as well but my main issue is alcohol-I'm not an alcoholic by any means but I still drink more than I'd like to and it's all social.
Well could try cutting back a bit but as long as you feel like you're moderating yourself well enough with it then I'd say it's fine, I can't stand the taste of alcohol so I usually never drink.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread