Wtf people??? (1 Viewer)

mysteric

hysteric
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
14,363
Reactions Received
27,574
Location
the moon
Website
newjeans.carrd.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8,986
Fandom
MeU & MY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she ✧ her
Ship
Ailee opened up about her struggles with her weight and the misunderstandings she recieved because of it on MBC Every 1’s “Video Star.”

On the May 14 episode, the soloist explained her past living patterns that led her to put on weight. She described how she would be whisked off to her schedules as soon as she woke up and would always arrive back home late at night. She would then eat excessively for her first and only meal of the day.

She recounted being shocked and hurt by something a male senior told her. She commented, “He said, ‘What are you going to do? Are you trying to retire early?’ I thought all I needed to do was perform well. I’m a singer, but I thought, ‘Do I need to focus on my body more than my singing?'”

She added, “When I gained weight, people say I gained so much, and now people say I’m too thin. They tell me to do it in moderation, but I don’t know what their standard is. It’s so difficult.”

Ailee then talked about the period in which she had slimmed down to 49 kilograms for her comeback. She said, “At that time, I got depressed. It was so hard for me. Being the best at singing is my goal, but as I focused on my weight, I developed problems with my voice. I was diagnosed with vocal nodules, and treating it was difficult. I’m not a model, but I had to maintain my figure like a model.”

She further revealed a story behind a photo that made people think she quickly gained weight despite already losing it. She said, “During my showcase, my photo was taken and people were commenting, ‘What the heck, did she already gain weight within a few days?’ It turns out that someone had taken another photo and severely edited it to make it look like I was 38 kilograms. I felt so wronged. I worked hard to lose weight for my comeback [but people misunderstood].”

“Video Star” showed the edited photo (first photo below) and a picture of Ailee at her showcase (second photo). The hosts remarked on how she looked great in reality at her showcase too.





She also cleared up her statement on “Hidden Singer” last year. “There was a misunderstanding about when I tearfully said on ‘Hidden Singer’ that I wouldn’t focus on my weight,” she said. “I meant that I would love my appearance as it is, not that I would completely stop dieting.”

Ailee then discussed her path to healthy dieting, saying, “I’m not on a diet right now, but I’ve fixed my habit of eating excessively for one meal and am now eating three or four small meals. I found that I lost weight naturally through these healthy habits.”

Source: x

Seriously wtf? That editing story is just disgusting and the fact that Ailée has to apologize for saying that she wouldn’t be starving herself?
Some people will be getting the pikagun treatment soon,,, :pikagun:


Peace out y’all,
mysteric
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
5,686
Reactions Received
16,237
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
People are grossly obsessed with peoples weights and its so wrong.

They've done studies that have shown shaming people makes them unhealthy because of anxiety developed from it.

I feel bad for Aimee she was fine bit people are just assholes
 

mysteric

hysteric
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
14,363
Reactions Received
27,574
Location
the moon
Website
newjeans.carrd.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8,986
Fandom
MeU & MY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she ✧ her
Ship
People are grossly obsessed with peoples weights and its so wrong.

They've done studies that have shown shaming people makes them unhealthy because of anxiety developed from it.

I feel bad for Aimee she was fine bit people are just assholes
Yeah, she’s a wonderful singer, and a sweet person, and that’s what people should notice about her, not her apparent weight issues (I don’t even see the issue though?)
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
There was nothing wrong with her weight in first place, not like she was being overweight or sth, she always looked good. The excessive dieting in kpop makes no sense, it doesn't even look better in pictures and it's bad for health too. Just eat healthily and exercise. Then u have most energy to perform.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,193
Reactions Received
76,667
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,512
Ship
Wreck
All anyone should focus on is being a healthy weight and as much as people may want to put a number or figure to that, the truth is you can't because 1 person might have a body type that allows them to be healthy with less weight than the average person would and works the same the other way.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
5,686
Reactions Received
16,237
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Yeah, she’s a wonderful singer, and a sweet person, and that’s what people should notice about her, not her apparent weight issues (I don’t even see the issue though?)
The stuff with her weight is none of their business.

She is a singer and they should just focus on that
 

Foxia

.
Joined
14 May 2019
Messages
942
Reactions Received
2,692
Location
Hope World
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I am disgusted by the fact that these people think they have the right to say something about their weight. Ailee is beautiful, I've always liked her body and her voice. And her body shouldn't even matter, because it's her voice that counts!

I just hope that more artists/idols will love themselves and their body, eventually.. This just makes me sad :(
 

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
Why do people care so much about someone’s weight? Her talent is a lot more important than that. They act like she’s morbidly obese or something.
 
Joined
23 November 2018
Messages
592
Reactions Received
2,029
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Pronouns
she/her
This is so disgusting. It'd be a whole different thing if they were even WORRIED for her health, but all everyone does is just straight up condemn her for nothing. And it's not even like she's extremely obese or anything, these "beauty standards" are so full of shit.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread