- Joined
- 31 December 2022
- Messages
- 27,443
- Reactions Received
- 39,056
- Location
- USA
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 84,679
- Fandom
- Swith*PNK-Panda
- Gender
- Male
- Pronouns
- Supreme Lord Emperor Commander
Yesterday at work I ended up working with a useless idiot so I basically had to do her job and my own. I work 12 hour shifts so it's always a really long day. at 10:30 I reached the point where I could FINALLY take my first break so I went to tell her I'm going on break so she can cover me. After searching for 15 minutes I'm told she's on her break (her second break, while I have yet to have one). She finally gets back and I go to break. As I'm entering the break room some asshole with a clip board tells me I missed my assign break time so I can't take a break(They've never done this before). I'm already pissed so I said "It's 5 hours in to my shift and I'm taking my first break while my relief just finished her second. Let me explain how this works, I'm going to take my fucking break and your going to have to deal with it." Turns out they wanted all breaks to be done before 10:30 so they could set up for the company Christmas party with out a bunch of people in the way. So I walk by her. I think she was about to express her anger but one of the plant managers who was setting up said it was ok. He knows me and has personally experienced my ability to use logic, law and company policy, and the union contract to verbally assassinate people...
He's expressed in the past how he'd rather not experience that again and how glad he is I'm not a union rep. So I take my break. He sits down as I'm about to go back to work and asks why I didn't take my break when I was called. I ask when I was called (8:45 and 10:45). I explain that the radio's were down from 8:30 to 11:00 for repair. He turns several shades of red, and thanked me for letting him know. I think a bunch of people got yelled at for not posting a memo because I'm sure a TON of people missed their breaks because they aren't asshole enough like me to ignore an idiot with a clip board. I go back to work and can't find the other operator so I continue to do both of our jobs. Management knows I'm doing both jobs because when they call for her I'm the one who always answers and gets things done. I had actually planned to not take another break until after 2 because I didn't want to eat the company Christmas dinner. It's TERRIBLE! They were playing Christmas music loud enough it actually had base and I had a migraine. At 12:45 I'm ordered to go eat lunch. I don't want to mess up their schedule so I go. It was better this year than last but still terrible (BBQ chicken and ribs so burnt I had to scrap off the charcoal). I ate quickly and went back to work just to get away from the music and the packed break room. At 2ish drain seal failed on a piece of equipment and I got covered in hot water and oil unplugging it.
What upset me the most yesterday was getting home and I found my dog locked in the backyard. It's 36 fucking degree's outside. She's not a husky or a cold weather dog. She's a short haired German Shepard. A long haired German Shepard would be perfectly fine but that's not what she is. No one can explain how it happened. If I had accidentally done that to one of the other dogs my family would come unglued on me but if I get mad I'm the bad person.
Anyways, sorry my rant is so long. Had to get out some frustration...
What upset me the most yesterday was getting home and I found my dog locked in the backyard. It's 36 fucking degree's outside. She's not a husky or a cold weather dog. She's a short haired German Shepard. A long haired German Shepard would be perfectly fine but that's not what she is. No one can explain how it happened. If I had accidentally done that to one of the other dogs my family would come unglued on me but if I get mad I'm the bad person.
Anyways, sorry my rant is so long. Had to get out some frustration...