News YG Ent terminates Seungri's Contract upon His Request (1 Viewer)

Panda

.
.
.
.
Joined
24 September 2018
Messages
8,755
Reactions Received
24,302
Location
Somewhere Near Bamboo
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
12
Fandom
Starlight
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
"YG Entertainment and Seungri have parted ways.

On March 13, the agency released the following statement:

Hello, this is YG Entertainment.
Starting with the assault case at the club that Seungri participated in, various suspicions and controversies have continuously arisen. We bow our heads and express deep apologies for causing trouble to many people including fans.
On March 12, following the announcement of Seungri’s retirement, YG agreed to Seungri’s request and decided to terminate his exclusive contract.
YG acknowledges that as a management company, we were not able to manage thoroughly, and we are deeply reflecting.
Lastly, YG realizes the need for extensive reform and promises to put in our full effort into achieving this together with all of our staff."

 
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
242
Reactions Received
1,326
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
5
damn they must be losing ALOT of money to change statement
I mean he said hes retiring so makes sense now YG needs to go and replace the head of YG with someone likeable.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Yeah saw this coming.

Sad to see BigBang ending like this after everything they've accomplished but actions have consequences.
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
I don't think that's gonna help stocks much.
He's still implicated because of tax evasion
 

mirella

✧✦ soloist akgae ✦✧
.
Joined
9 November 2018
Messages
1,859
Reactions Received
13,182
Location
Pacifika
Website
www.last.fm
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L?
Gender
Female
Ship
Wreck
I kind of feel bad for the people at YG who weren't involved with any of this. Not just the artists/groups but the staff members too. This scandal can't be good for anyone.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I don't know If they had much choice. The statement is such press release though, damage control for sure.
 

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
Another thing that I've been thinking of, what would the Bigbang members think of this? I mean they obviously can't be super involved in this case since
  1. it's not exactly their problem
  2. they're in the military so they can't really say anything (I suppose)?
It makes me wonder if Bigbang will carry on as 4 members or just disband. It kind of sucks because I've been a stan since only 2017 and during these past two years they've mostly been doing military duties. (I know they did solo activities too, but I would have loved to continue seeing them do group activities.) I've just really been wondering what Bigbang will do in the future. It's kind of worrisome....
 

Panda

.
.
.
.
Joined
24 September 2018
Messages
8,755
Reactions Received
24,302
Location
Somewhere Near Bamboo
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
12
Fandom
Starlight
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
Another thing that I've been thinking of, what would the Bigbang members think of this? I mean they obviously can't be super involved in this case since
  1. it's not exactly their problem
  2. they're in the military so they can't really say anything (I suppose)?
It makes me wonder if Bigbang will carry on as 4 members or just disband. It kind of sucks because I've been a stan since only 2017 and during these past two years they've mostly been doing military duties. (I know they did solo activities too, but I would have loved to continue seeing them do group activities.) I've just really been wondering what Bigbang will do in the future. It's kind of worrisome....
This may sound terrible of me to say, but I have a feeling that BB is gonna disband soon... their members seem to be sick of the constant controversies that happen and get brought back up. I can see this being the last straw for them as a group.. but I may be wrong
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Another thing that I've been thinking of, what would the Bigbang members think of this? I mean they obviously can't be super involved in this case since
  1. it's not exactly their problem
  2. they're in the military so they can't really say anything (I suppose)?
It makes me wonder if Bigbang will carry on as 4 members or just disband. It kind of sucks because I've been a stan since only 2017 and during these past two years they've mostly been doing military duties. (I know they did solo activities too, but I would have loved to continue seeing them do group activities.) I've just really been wondering what Bigbang will do in the future. It's kind of worrisome....
It doesn't exactly help that GD chose to skimp service on his military and is in a scandal of his own right now
So long as none of them are directly implicated, they should be fine but it seems Big Bang has a long road ahead of them
 

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
This may sound terrible of me to say, but I have a feeling that BB is gonna disband soon... their members seem to be sick of the constant controversies that happen and get brought back up. I can see this being the last straw for them as a group.. but I may be wrong
Honestly, I don't even know how to feel about the issue anymore. This all just happened so suddenly and so fast. It would suck for a lot of us VIP's, but I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens?
 

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
It doesn't exactly help that GD chose to skimp service on his military and is in a scandal of his own right now
So long as none of them are directly implicated, they should be fine but it seems Big Bang has a long road ahead of them
Yeah the GD scandal doesn't help with matters either. We'll just have to see what happens when they're all out of the military. Maybe they'll need time to figure out what they want or need to do.
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
I knew this would eventually be in discussion but I didn't really think YG and Seungri would go through with termination. This definitely damage control. Well, I don't really have much else to say except, this is a big ass mess.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Another thing that I've been thinking of, what would the Bigbang members think of this? I mean they obviously can't be super involved in this case since
  1. it's not exactly their problem
  2. they're in the military so they can't really say anything (I suppose)?
It makes me wonder if Bigbang will carry on as 4 members or just disband. It kind of sucks because I've been a stan since only 2017 and during these past two years they've mostly been doing military duties. (I know they did solo activities too, but I would have loved to continue seeing them do group activities.) I've just really been wondering what Bigbang will do in the future. It's kind of worrisome....
As a group, they're probably done, much as it pains me to say.

We can still have solo stuff or subunits though. Daesung has Japan, Taeyang has a clean image and GD is GD. Idk about TOP, he might go the Solbi way with art, once enough time passes, he could even get back to acting. Maybe produce, write lyrics, help in other ways, Idk :(

Ugh Flower Road came out exactly a year ago and this wasn't supposed to happen :(
 

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship
Oof. I was so excited for a OT5 comeback and then boom this happened. Why Seungri why...? And this is not the first time he has sex scandals xD YG artists had lots of scandals but I think that’s the first time they kick out someone.
It hurts me because BIGBANG was my first ug, my first kpop love since 2011... and I don’t wanna see another group I loved disbanding...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread