News Yoo Hee Yeols Sketchbook to come to an end (1 Viewer)

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,271
Reactions Received
76,672
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,950
Ship
Wreck
Hello, this is Yoo Hee Yeol.

First of all, I want to convey my sincerely apologies once again for causing people to be tired for a long time due to the controversy surrounding me.

We ask for your generous understanding that the decision regarding my broadcast activity was delayed since many people, including the production team I work together with, needed time to prepare.

After seeing the numerous cases pouring in, I looked back on myself for the first time. I think what was the most heartbreaking to hear was that the time that has passed felt like it was being denied. It is to the extent that I cannot dare to imagine how great the sense of loss is.

There is a part of the current plagiarism allegations that I have difficulty agreeing with. Many of the allegations may be individual views and interpretations, but they are difficult for me to accept. I will look after myself more strictly so that a controversy such as this does not arise again.

We plan to wrap up “Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook” after the end of episode 600. I sincerely express my gratitude to the many people who have treasured [the program] for the long period of 13 years and three months. I’m sincerely grateful to the production team and to all related personnel for working hard until the end.

In order to minimize the harm to the program and the production team, we plan to carry out the final recording by this week. I will do my best [to fulfill] my remaining responsibilities so that no further damage is done.

I will take the time to reflect on where I am now and what is left for me to do without turning away. I apologize once more for causing concern to all the people who value music. Finally, I bow my head in gratitude to everyone who has trusted in me and treasured me, who is lacking, for a long time.

Thank you.

Yoo Hee Yeol.


Source​
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,271
Reactions Received
76,672
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,950
Ship
Wreck
What controversy was there with him?
From the article

Previously, Yoo Hee Yeol was swept up in plagiarism allegations, and the singer-songwriter later acknowledged that he unintentionally plagiarized Ryuichi Sakamoto’s “Aqua.” Yoo Hee Yeol stated, “As he is a musician I respect and have been influenced by the most over a long period of time, I wrote the song in a similar way it subconsciously remained in my memory. At the time of the [song’s] reveal, I thought it was my pure creation, but I have to admit the similarity between the two songs.” Afterwards, several more allegations spread on online communities, and Star Today reported that it is Yoo Hee Yeol’s personal intention to step down from his program.
 
  • Like
Reactions: alo and Ahsoka

alo

Joined
3 June 2022
Messages
3,933
Reactions Received
5,700
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,116
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her
From the article

Previously, Yoo Hee Yeol was swept up in plagiarism allegations, and the singer-songwriter later acknowledged that he unintentionally plagiarized Ryuichi Sakamoto’s “Aqua.” Yoo Hee Yeol stated, “As he is a musician I respect and have been influenced by the most over a long period of time, I wrote the song in a similar way it subconsciously remained in my memory. At the time of the [song’s] reveal, I thought it was my pure creation, but I have to admit the similarity between the two songs.” Afterwards, several more allegations spread on online communities, and Star Today reported that it is Yoo Hee Yeol’s personal intention to step down from his program.
it is worth noting, however, that ryuichi sakamoto himself doesn't care too much about these allegations, going on to defend yoo hee yeol, saying, "(Composers) make melodies and chords based on a scale with limited notes, so inevitably many songs are similar.”
 

alo

Joined
3 June 2022
Messages
3,933
Reactions Received
5,700
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,116
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her
anyway, hopefully kbc will launch another music show with a similar format - sketchbook was not the first of it's kind, it was preceded by other kbs shows such as yoon do hyun's (the founder-frontman of yb) love letter. here's dbsk guesting there
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread