Your feelings on backup dancers with groups. (1 Viewer)

Joined
31 December 2022
Messages
27,444
Reactions Received
39,060
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
84,685
Fandom
Swith*PNK-Panda
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Supreme Lord Emperor Commander
Back up dancers with Soloist's I get. I still don't care. With groups however I find them unnecessary and distracting. The only performance where I've ever liked them and appreciate them is:

I don't know why but I think if they were missing the performance would suffer. For some reason Smiley is a better performance with the backup dancers. I'm also not fond of how the backup dancers are purposefully made to be less pretty. I get it, they aren't supposed to outshine the main performers but I think they go to far sometimes.
 
  • Like
Reactions: centen and Ahsoka

Myth

* ☀︎Potato Minhyuk’s Military Wifey * ♥
.
Joined
19 November 2021
Messages
15,604
Reactions Received
18,866
Location
In Intak's arms uwu
Website
mintakyy.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
27,584
Fandom
P1eceVillain+
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
ALL OF THEM
Depends on the size of the group. Aespa? Sure. NCT 2021? Not needed imo :coronawimwim:
yeah this. I remember when sm did handed aespa scraps for the award shows... it looked kind of awkward and didn't give them a flare that would have give those performances that grand feel that really sets them apart from mushow stages.


Then they gave aespa some backup in recent end of the year shows recently and it made the world of difference! (imo)




It also depends on how they are utilized. Like p1harmony debut stage is lowkey fucking hilarious bc the back dancers were literally standing like 🧍 for half the performance LMAO (don't worry, the members slayed regardless fr fr)


Doom du Doom, I find more fun with how they crafted the choreography formations and whatnot. I find it really striking actually-
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,387
Reactions Received
151,400
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
yeah this. I remember when sm did handed aespa scraps for the award shows... it looked kind of awkward and didn't give them a flare that would have give those performances that grand feel that really sets them apart from mushow stages.


Then they gave aespa some backup in recent end of the year shows recently and it made the world of difference! (imo)




It also depends on how they are utilized. Like p1harmony debut stage is lowkey fucking hilarious bc the back dancers were literally standing like 🧍 for half the performance LMAO (don't worry, the members slayed regardless fr fr)


Doom du Doom, I find more fun with how they crafted the choreography formations and whatnot. I find it really striking actually-
Wait I wanna get money for standing there half the time where do I sign up :pepesmug:
 

centen

.
.
.
Joined
5 January 2023
Messages
17,528
Reactions Received
18,213
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
132,478
Fandom
Neverland
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Sometimes I like it for the drama of the big scene. Like BTS's Not Today MV comes to mind as a good backup dancer use.


Though sometimes companies I think plan on trying to get a big dramatic feeling, but it just ends up feeling crowded and chaotic because there are too many dancers for the space and they're dressed too similarly to the artists to tell who is who.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Myth
Joined
10 October 2021
Messages
3,577
Reactions Received
3,221
Website
open.spotify.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
9,850
Fandom
multi
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
i honestly don't think that's an issue at all tbh
anyway
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread