It's kinda hard to think of moments that really shaped my life in a way that took it down a completely different path than I would have expected. But I'd say one of the things that made a huge impact was me being unable to go away to college since I couldn't get enough loan money. It forced me to stay at home and go to a local university. And since I was able to stay home, I was able to coach track and cross country, and overall that experience has made me more open and more willing to communicate with strangers (although I'm still scared lol). And at minimum, it has helped me learn how to appear confident when speaking in public, even though in reality I might still be uncomfortable. Another effect, however, is that being at home has probably caused me to be even more reclusive than I already was and than what I probably would have been had I gone away. My only socialization nowadays is at track/cross country, at work, and online. I never go out anymore unless it's with my family. I basically have no friends (who are my age) irl who I talk to. They're all gone and have moved on to other things while I'm still here.
Another thing I can think of (which also happened while I was in college so fairly recently) was when I watched a debate between Bill Nye the Science Guy and some young earth creationist named Ken Ham (the debate is kinda painful lol but I watched it anyway). Now, I was Catholic at the time, but even I didn't believe all the things that Ham was saying in the debate (like the Earth was 6,000 years old, evolution from single cells to today never happened, stuff like that which I found ridiculous). But after watching that video, I started getting others in my recommended that covered not just young earth creationism, but normal Christianity as well. Eventually, I ended up realizing that I didn't really believe in my faith anymore, and that was a tough thing to handle at the time. The rest of my family is Catholic, and I couldn't tell them about this because I was scared of their reaction. I still haven't told them, and it's been more than 2 years. I have to fake it. Also, the realization that I didn't believe also came with frequent panic attacks about death for an entire summer, (and lots of nights where I would cry myself to sleep) and that was not fun.