2018's Best of the Best (1 Viewer)

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
For anyone who uses AKP, lol sorry about the shameless copy and paste. I'm just posting all my threads from there here as well.

I know the year isn't over yet but you can update it if someone happens to change your opinion in the next 15 days.

Just your personal reviews


- The “Best of 2018” is the group that you think 2018 belonged to in terms of music.
- You can include non-Kpop groups and soloists too if you like.
- If you link any photos or videos, please put it in a spoiler so those on mobile can access too.


MALES (includes solo and group):

You became a fan of:

You dropped:

Favorite song:

Favorite album:

Favorite MV:

Favorite choreography:

Favorite performance:

Best dressed:

Best of 2018 (Group):

Best of 2018 (Solo):


FEMALES (includes solo and group):

You became a fan of:

You dropped:

Favorite song:

Favorite album:

Favorite MV:

Favorite choreography:

Favorite performance:

Best dressed:

Best of 2018 (Group):

Best of 2018 (Solo):


OVERALL

Do you think 2018 was a good year for K-Pop?

​
 

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
My answers yes this is ctrl+c & ctrl v's work as well :P

Males (includes solo and group):

You became a fan of: N.Flying, BTS, Hua Chenyu & Kenshi Yonezu

You dropped: None

Favorite song(s): Hot Potato (N.Flying), Way Back Home (Shaun) & Love Shot (EXO)

Favorite album(s): Don't Mess Up My Tempo + repack (EXO), Love Yourself: Tear (BTS) & Return (iKON)

Favorite MV: Hot Potato (N.Flying)

Favorite choreography: Oh My (Seventeen)

Favorite performance: Black on Black (NCT 2018)

Best dressed: NCT U (Boss team)

Best of 2018: iKON


Female (includes solo and group):

You became a fan of: (G)I-DLE & Minseo

You dropped: None

Favorite song(s): Love Bomb (Fromis_9) and Ddu-Du Ddu-Du (Black Pink)

Favorite album(s): Red Velvet Summer Magic

Favorite MV: What Is Love (Twice)

Favorite choreography: Time for the Moon Night (G-Friend)

Favorite performance: RBB (Red Velvet)

Best dressed: Black Pink



Best of 2018: Mamamoo

OVERALL

Do you think 2018 was a good year for K-Pop? In my opinion, 2018 was one of the best years music wise. It lacked a lot of EXO, but they managed to deliver in the short time they did return. So music wise, definitely one of my favorite years. The only thing it was lacking in my opinion was variety (as in most songs were cute or girl crush for females and mostly rap focused for males). But that aside, it was good.
 
Joined
26 November 2018
Messages
4,551
Reactions Received
12,217
Location
Irene's hands
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
FEMALES (includes solo and group):

You became a fan of:
on the verge of stanning G-idle,
Moon.

You dropped:
none

Favorite song:
Moon- Million
Butterflies, Blue Lemonade- RV
Hann- G-idle
Stylish- Loona
Momoland- Boom Boom
Honorable mentions:
KARD- Knockin on my heaven's door (Since it's a co-ed group XD)

Favorite album:
LOONA YYXY- Beauty & the beat
RV- RBB (It's better than Summer Magic, fight me)
KARD- Ride on the Wind

Favorite MV:
G-idle- Hann
GWSN- Puzzle Moon
RV- Bad Boy
Go Won- One and Only


Favorite choreography:
G-idle- Hann
Loona- Hi High
GWSN- Puzzle Moon
BoA- Woman

Favorite performance:





Best dressed:
Red Velvet
Blackpink


Best of 2018 (Group):
G-idle
Loona

Best of 2018 (Solo):
BoA


OVERALL

Do you think 2018 was a good year for K-Pop?
It has been a good year, not better than past years but good nonetheless. We've gotten a lot of music and a lot of new talent worthy of being noticeable but there was also a decline of the top groups.
 
Last edited:

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,134
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,488
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
MALES (includes solo and group):

You became a fan of: Nu'est, Astro, JBJ, Noir, and Stray Kids

You dropped: None lol

Favorite song: She's In the Rain (The Rose)

Favorite album: The Story of Light Epilogue (SHINee)

Favorite MV: Always You (Astro)

Favorite choreography: Feeling (Unb)

Favorite performance: Idk lol

Best dressed: Kim Donghan

Best of 2018 (Group): SHINee

Best of 2018 (Solo): Kim Donghan


FEMALES (includes solo and group):

You became a fan of: Dreamcatcher and Minseo

You dropped: None

Favorite song: April Fools (Jimin Park)

Favorite album: Alone in the City (Dreamcatcher)

Favorite MV: Starry Night (Mamamoo)

Favorite choreography: What (Dreamcatcher)

Favorite performance: Idk

Best dressed: Idk

Best of 2018 (Group): Dreamcatcher

Best of 2018 (Solo): Jimin Park


OVERALL

Do you think 2018 was a good year for K-Pop?
Hmm... I'm kind of unsure honestly lol I think it was a good year, I enjoyed more GG releases than I usually do and I've found a lot of groups that I've grown to love, but I've just recently realized that for most of 2018 I've been mainly listening to older K-pop/older releases from my faves. I still enjoyed the releases of this year, but compared to last year I felt like it wasn't my favorite year for K-pop. That being said I also feel like groups like SHINee, Day6, Dreamcatcher, JBJ and The Rose killed it this year as well. So to give you a simple answer instead of that very long explanation: Yes I think it was a good year, just not my favorite.
 

Day

♡ ຕɪѕѕɪηɢ уᴏᴜ ♡
.
.
.
Joined
20 October 2018
Messages
126,058
Reactions Received
53,014
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
524,535
Ship
Wreck
MALES (includes solo and group):
You became a fan of
: EXO & SUJU
You dropped: BTS, GOT7, & Seventeen

Favorite song: Love Scenario (my soty, tyvm)
Favorite album: Eau de VIXX
Favorite MV: NCT U's Boss
Favorite choreography: NCT 2018's Black on Black
Favorite performance: NCT U's Boss (live)

Best dressed: same link as above hnng (aka NCT being dressed well for once?)

Best of 2018 (Group): NCT
Best of 2018 (Solo): Mino

FEMALES (includes solo and group):
You became a fan of
: fromis_9, Twice, BLACKPINK
You dropped: Red Velvet

Favorite song: Love Bomb
Favorite album: Square Up
Favorite MV: fromis_9's Love Bomb
Favorite choreography: fromis_9's Love Bomb (Choreography video)
Favorite performance: Guess?

Best dressed: same link again oops

Best of 2018 (Group): BLACKPINK
Best of 2018 (Solo): BBIBBI (IU) & Solo (Jennie)


OVERALL
Do you think 2018 was a good year for K-Pop?
No, no I do not. My main problem with this years releases are that they lack impact - something 2017 was full of. Considering the fact that 2017 was the year I got into KPOP, 2018 is a huge let down. I must commend early 2018 for the amount of bops released, but now that we are close to the end I just have to say that we didn't get enough... and it's sad.

Here are my most loved songs this year (excluding ones from early 2018 that I've gotten tired of listening to):
Love Scenario & Killing Me (iKON)
Scentist & Silence (VIXX)
Spring Breeze (Wanna One)
Boss, Black on Black, Go, Simon Says, Baby Don't Stop (NCT U, NCT 2018, NCT 127, NCT Dream)
Dance The Night Away & What is Love (Twice)
Really (BLACKPINK)
Solo (Jennie)
Story of Light & Countless (SHINee)
To Heart, DKDK, Love Bomb (fromis_9)
BBIBBI (IU)
Blooming Day, Love Shot, Tempo (EXO-CBX, EXO)
A-TEEN (Seventeen)
 

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
5,597
Reactions Received
18,451
Location
Serbia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
-52
Fandom
Multi-king
Gender
Male
Ship
MALES (includes solo and group):
You became a fan of
: EXO & SUJU
You dropped: BTS, GOT7, & Seventeen

Favorite song: Love Scenario (my soty, tyvm)
Favorite album: Eau de VIXX
Favorite MV: NCT U's Boss
Favorite choreography: NCT 2018's Black on Black
Favorite performance: NCT U's Boss (live)

Best dressed: same link as above hnng (aka NCT being dressed well for once?)

Best of 2018 (Group): NCT
Best of 2018 (Solo): Mino

FEMALES (includes solo and group):
You became a fan of
: fromis_9, Twice, BLACKPINK
You dropped: Red Velvet

Favorite song: Love Bomb
Favorite album: Square Up
Favorite MV: fromis_9's Love Bomb
Favorite choreography: fromis_9's Love Bomb (Choreography video)
Favorite performance: Guess?

Best dressed: same link again oops

Best of 2018 (Group): BLACKPINK
Best of 2018 (Solo): BBIBBI (IU) & Solo (Jennie)


OVERALL
Do you think 2018 was a good year for K-Pop?
No, no I do not. My main problem with this years releases are that they lack impact - something 2017 was full of. Considering the fact that 2017 was the year I got into KPOP, 2018 is a huge let down. I must commend early 2018 for the amount of bops released, but now that we are close to the end I just have to say that we didn't get enough... and it's sad.

Here are my most loved songs this year (excluding ones from early 2018 that I've gotten tired of listening to):
Love Scenario & Killing Me (iKON)
Scentist & Silence (VIXX)
Spring Breeze (Wanna One)
Boss, Black on Black, Go, Simon Says, Baby Don't Stop (NCT U, NCT 2018, NCT 127, NCT Dream)
Dance The Night Away & What is Love (Twice)
Really (BLACKPINK)
Solo (Jennie)
Story of Light & Countless (SHINee)
To Heart, DKDK, Love Bomb (fromis_9)
BBIBBI (IU)
Blooming Day, Love Shot, Tempo (EXO-CBX, EXO)
A-TEEN (Seventeen)
Someone actually likes Spring Breeze besides me:sj_weary:
 

Myco

Ace of Hearts
.
.
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
33,247
Reactions Received
81,309
Location
Beat Interactive
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,036
Fandom
Choice
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
MALES (includes solo and group):
You became a fan of
: Dongkiz, ATEEZ, IMFACT
You dropped: none
Favorite song: A.C.E - Take Me Higher, Gaho - Going On
Favorite album: A.C.E - Adventures In Wonderland, Gaho - Preparation for a Journey, Monsta X - The Connect: Dejavu, DAY6 - Shoot Me: Youth Part 1
Favorite MV: A.C.E - Take Me Higher, DONGKIZ - Nom
Favorite choreography: -
Favorite performance: -
Best dressed: -
Best of 2018 (Group): A.C.E
Best of 2018 (Solo): Gaho



FEMALES (includes solo and group):
You became a fan of
: Dreamnote, April, Cherry On Top
You dropped: Red Velvet
Favorite song: April - Oh! My Mistake, Park Jimin - April Fools, EXID - I Love You
Favorite album: Dreamnote - Dreamlike
Favorite MV: Dreamnote - DREAMNOTE, April - Oh! My Mistake, Park Jimin - April Fools
Favorite choreography: -
Favorite performance: -
Best dressed: -
Best of 2018 (Group): DreamNote
Best of 2018 (Solo): Park Jimin


Overall
Do you think 2018 was a good year for K-Pop?

It's been my 2nd full year of K-Pop after 2017 and I like it more than 2017. I felt like this year some of the bigger groups degraded in quality over time, like Red Velvet, EXO, BTS, Seventeen, Wanna One, NCT but therefore my little groups I liked released some really great songs, fun ones, sad ones, hype ones, which I know groups that are bigger won't ever release because they already have like their "style", while my groups can still experiment well with sounds before establishing themselves more.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I'm actually very lowkey (:llama_eyes:) about kpop nowadays I mean I just get interested less during years, I was most into kpop 2012-2013) and I think this will be pretty limited to just couple artists, but oh well..

MALES (includes solo and group):

You became a fan of: Kinda Jungkook I guess, not in stan level or not even in fan level, but just.. I guess this artists is kinda good level.

You dropped: I have dropped everyone there was to drop earlier already there is nobody to drop left :d

Favorite song: Seungri's Sweet Lie I guess.

Favorite album: Seungri's The Great Seungri. To be fair that and BTS' album were only ones I have listened throughly.

Favorite MV: .. Seungri- Where u r from

Favorite choreography: -

Favorite performance: -

Best dressed: -

Best of 2018 (Group): eeeh

Best of 2018 (Solo): Seungri


FEMALES (includes solo and group):

You became a fan of: Blackpink, more than I was at least.
EDIT: And Momoland of course why did I forgot them!

You dropped: mm Tiffany, after she left SNSD I don't just have enough interest anymore. Wish best for her solo stuff though.

Favorite song: Blackpink- Ddudududud

Favorite album: Blackpink- Square Up

Favorite MV: Blackpink- D4

Favorite choreography: I-Zone - La Vie en Rose

Favorite performance: -

Best dressed: Blackpink

Best of 2018 (Group): Blackpink

Best of 2018 (Solo): IU


OVERALL

Do you think 2018 was a good year for K-Pop? Not really, same as 2017


Yep it was bit lackluster from me, but I quite expected that ^^;
 
Last edited:

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
5,597
Reactions Received
18,451
Location
Serbia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
-52
Fandom
Multi-king
Gender
Male
Ship
sis, you have good taste and don't let anyone tell you otherwise!
i'm a guy, but it's np i get called she all the time, and thank you! :maheart:
 

baekk

🌺🌺
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
4,129
Reactions Received
12,479
Location
🌼𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔳𝔢𝔯 𝔤𝔞𝔯𝔡𝔢𝔫
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
MALES (includes solo and group):

You became a fan of: A.C.E

You dropped: -

Favorite song: We Go Up NCT

Favorite album: Tempo EXO

Favorite MV: We Go Up NCT

Favorite choreography: My Pace Stray Kids

Favorite performance: Everything EXO did

Best dressed: Kai Tempo even though he didn't like it

Best of 2018 (Group): SHINee

Best of 2018 (Solo): Taemin


FEMALES (includes solo and group):

You became a fan of: Mamamoo

You dropped: -

Favorite song: Bad Boy Red Velvet

Favorite album: Gfriend Time for Moonlight

Favorite MV: I Love You EXID

Favorite choreography: BoA Women

Favorite performance: Really Bad Boy Red Velvet

Best dressed: Joy Really Bad Boy

Best of 2018 (Group): Celeb Five

Best of 2018 (Solo): BoA


OVERALL

Do you think 2018 was a good year for K-Pop?
Meh, it was alright
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Bara

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread