News 2025 MAMA Awards will reportedly proceed as planned + red carpet event canceled. (1 Viewer)

Xeulgi

✧。Loɴely Aѕтroɴαυт ✧°
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
115,835
Reactions Received
53,203
Location
Outer Space
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
430,627
Gender
Female



[TW] Context: A massive fire broke out on the 26th at a Hong Kong apartment complex, claiming the lives of (so far reportedly) 65 people, including residents and firefighters, while over 200 others are reported missing. ​
 
Last edited:
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,743
Reactions Received
93,540
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
190,092
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I’m a little surprised it’s not delayed or something like that
prob a logistical nightmare this close to year end. Also it would be an additional negative economical impact on the area.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ahsoka

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,395
Reactions Received
151,406
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
prob a logistical nightmare this close to year end. Also it would be an additional negative economical impact on the area.
That’s probably true, but I feel like doing this while rescue operations are still happening gives it a weird vibe. Plus there’s still logistics to figure out this way since they have to alter their artists setlist presumably in order to fit the more solemn mood they promised, and they miss parts of the event that bring attention/economic benefit in normal circumstances like the red carpet.
 
  • Like
Reactions: RandAlThor
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,133
Reactions Received
52,996
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
173,650
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
That’s probably true, but I feel like doing this while rescue operations are still happening gives it a weird vibe. Plus there’s still logistics to figure out this way since they have to alter their artists setlist presumably in order to fit the more solemn mood they promised, and they miss parts of the event that bring attention/economic benefit in normal circumstances like the red carpet.
Partly I think it's due to the Hong Kong tourism board's efforts to bring in kpop events tat might be reluctance to postpone/delay this & (2) I read earlier some commenter's saying it's the practical mindset of Hong Kong-ers who wont let a setback or sthg bring down an event like this(big culture n economic/can do spirit <paraphrasing n intuiting a lot of my own pov-I'm not a Hong konger tho I'm a SEA chinese)

some called for a delay or postponement or even cancellation but those were few only tat I saw. If it was cancelled I think the sino-korea divide since THAAD might be longer before kpop in China becomes normal again like it was yrs bk. I'm just gonna let the HK authorities decide n leave it at tat.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ahsoka

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread