COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Sensitive 31 years since the Tiananmen Square Masacre (1 Viewer)

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
31 years ago on June 4th a group primarily made up of university students staged a peaceful protest demanding democracy. The response Chinas government gave was to declare martial law and send military troops, opening fire and killing both protesters and bystanders. The death toll is unknown due to the taboo nature and censorship surrounding the incident, but estimates range from several hundred to several thousand.

This year may also be the last year Hong Kong is allowed to acknowledge the event. Every year Hong Kong and Macau are allowed a vigil to commemorate what happened. However, this year, given the situation with China, it is likely the event will be banned in the future. This year the government claimed the vigil wasn't allowed due to coronavirus worries. However, given the new measures, such as making it illegal to talk negatively of the national anthem, it is likely that there are less considerate reasons behind it.

This event may have happened years ago, but it is important not to forget what occurred. Things are bad around the world, and especially in the US right now. However, we must not forget that while protesting can be dangerous, we need to protest if we feel like our rights are being stripped away. Censorship exists everywhere, which is why we need to keep the memories of these important events alive and spread the story. And most importantly, we shouldn't forget those people who's lives were unfairly ended, whether they were protesting, bystanders, or people who saw what was happening and tried to help.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Hopefully, one day all of China can recognize their bravery in the fight for democracy

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
this is such a motivating story tbh. thanks for sharing

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
1591297410556.png

as far as i have been able to tell this man was dissapeared.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Tiananmen square should be remembered as the voices that were silenced in most brutal inhumane way. Let's pray that no goverment will do it again.
They have not changed.
Hong Kong has crystallized this in my mind thus i no longer support ccp artists or acts.
What ever change was thought to have happened is an illusion.
Too bad as i do love Vic and Aojuan.

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
They have not changed.
Hong Kong has crystallized this in my mind thus i no longer support ccp artists or acts.
What ever change was thought to have happened is an illusion.
Too bad as i do love Vic and Aojuan.
They have not, but at least similar tragedy hasn't been repeated.. :nekosweat:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
They have not, but at least similar tragedy hasn't been repeated.. :nekosweat:
as of yet.
The hope was that HK and the financial markets would pull them closer, but 2 decades later we can clearly see this is not true.

I find it funny that Nixon is universally reviled yet folks still think opening china was a good idea.

The RoC is the reason there is a South Korea and the Kims do not rule the whole country.
Yet they are international non entities.
This needs to change.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
No matter how big and powerful the Chinese regime may have become, they just can't silence everyone forever. One day they'll have to answer for all their crimes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread