8 years after the Tohoku Earthquake (1 Viewer)

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
3,403
Reactions Received
17,163
Location
Edinburgh, Scotland
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,412
Fandom
Reveluv & Uaena
8 years have already passed since a M9.1 earthquake occurred 72km off of the east coastline of the Tohoku Region in Northern Japan that was felt throughout the whole of Japan. This would set off a chain reaction of events including a devastating number of tsunamis that destroyed entire communities along the Tohoku coastline and the worst nuclear disaster that the world has seen since the Chernobyl Nuclear disaster in 1984 when Reactor 1 of the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Plant went into meltdown and exploded... This triple disaster resulted in a casualty count of 15,896 deaths, 6,157 injured, 2,537 people missing. With the majority of these victims falling to the tsunamis.



8 years on from the disaster with the rest of Japan and the world moving on. The communities around the Tohoku Region that were most affected by the disaster are still rebuilding their lives.




​


I've been to the Tohoku Region a number of times since the disaster and this was my most recent trip back in January when I made another visit to Matsushima Bay which was only around 70km from the epicenter of the earthquake.





​

I've been all over Japan from Hokkaido all the way down to Kyushu and of all of the places that I've visited. The Tohoku Region remains my favourite place throughout the whole of Japan.
There is peace and tranquillity as you explore and marvel at the beautiful shrines, temples, coastlines, gorges, forests and lakes that can be found throughout the whole region.
The local communities that you can interact with are among the friendliest and most welcoming throughout the whole of Japan.
And the food.... There is stigma as to whether the food that is sourced in this region is safe to eat, and I can confirm that it is! If you can get over this stigma though (and imo you should) then your taste buds will be greeted with some of the tastiest and freshest seafood known to man!!

Don't just take my word for it though.... Be one of the ones who do get off of the beaten path and take a shinkansen north of Tokyo. You will end up with memories from an adventure that will last you a life time!














​
 

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
3,403
Reactions Received
17,163
Location
Edinburgh, Scotland
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,412
Fandom
Reveluv & Uaena
Oh wow, 8 years already.
I know? I still remember waking up and putting the BBC on for the morning news and being met with their live broadcast of the disaster... I was left in utter shock and I couldn't stop watching the live coverage.

My wife remembers it more clearly though. Because she was in Tokyo at the time looking for apartments in preparation for attending university in the city (she was just about to graduate from high school)

Looks very nice.
Ill put it on the list if i ever do go to Japan.
Many tourists visit Kyoto, and I do love Kyoto. But its now become too over crowded with tourists and the infrastructure is struggling. But you can find equally beautiful sights in the Tohoku Region but without all of the tourists.

If you ever do visit though then message me for some advice and recommendations ^^
 
  • Like
Reactions: Sory and RandAlThor

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread