a look into mrsjimin's life (1 Viewer)

Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
472
Reactions Received
1,519
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
aka just a random chat about my hobbies bcuz my family is tired of me talking nonstop about the same things over and over


Currently my #1 hobby has been dolls. its great because it includes a few of my other pastimes (ex. drawing, sewing) into one big frankenhobby of sorts
i customize + make dolls and all their accessories
currently i have a jimin bjd in the works. so far ive got his head 3d modeled and a prototype printed, but its nowhere near done. at completion, itll be 42 cm tall, anatomically correct, and expensive as all get out
simultaneously, i have a slightly larger bjd at 43 cm that im nearly finished with a wig for. she's also got a corset in progress which has been an absolute pain so far, ugh. ive been thinking about redoing her face and eventually ill learn how to make little doll shoes for her (dolls are a truckload of work and new skills if you havent guessed already lol)
+ because my attention span doesnt exist i have a 3rd doll that ive started on. its much smaller than the other too in scale, lol, 27 cm monster high doll that im making plans for. im going to do her makeup soon and make a wig + clothes for her after ive finished that aforementioned corset. so far all ive done is prepare her to be repainted and everything, but idk what her concept should be.


besides dolls, ive been drawing a decent amount. i keep meaning to paint, what with the coronavirus giving me all this extra time, but man busting out all my paint and brushes is so much workkkkkkkkkkk. kinda run out of things to draw though. ive very much plateaued with my art. i know i am absolutely able to improve and know there are areas that can be better, but idk where those areas are lol. you know that stage where youre happy with something, and you know that most ppl who see it think its good, but you know that you can do better if you tried real hard? yeah


ive been reading the picture of dorian gray recently. love it. i usually can do a book in a few hours, but im taking my time on this one. oscar wilde's writing style feels like it was plucked out of my brain's 'everything ive ever wanted in a writing style' list and put onto paper. i love how long winded everything is, it gives everything this adorable little charm and endearment.


anyone else wanna talk the details of their hobbies that nobody cares about? i love that stuff
 

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
Picture of Dorian Gray is such a great book. Even though I never finished it because I lost the book :wimwim: The hard work you put into those dolls is really admirable :maheart: Must take a lot of effort.

My hobbies really aren't as intricate. Reading is proably my main one. Right now, I'm reading a triology called 'Infernal Devices' which is the prequel to the Shadowhunters series. I really should have read it in yr8 or yr9 (middle school basically) but never really got a chance to get my hands on the book. I'm on the second book now since I had to pause my reading for a while because of exams. The romance is so cheesy but the plotline is great. Also it has hot boys. You can never go wrong with hot boys. :sanapray:

I'm also reading mzds because it's beautiful. I've been stuck on one chapter for ages though since I haven't had the time to read it :yolk:
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
472
Reactions Received
1,519
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
You can never go wrong with hot boys. :sanapray:
i wholeheartedly concur and i cannot stress my agreement enough
I'm also reading mzds because it's beautiful. I've been stuck on one chapter for ages though since I haven't had the time to read it :yolk:
FINISH IT I CANT STRESS THIS ENOUGH EITHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I havent been able to think of a single thing besides wangxian for the past like month

Right now, I'm reading a triology called 'Infernal Devices' which is the prequel to the Shadowhunters series. I really should have read it in yr8 or yr9 (middle school basically) but never really got a chance to get my hands on the book. I'm on the second book now since I had to pause my reading for a while because of exams. The romance is so cheesy but the plotline is great.
i keep hearing so many different opinions on cassandra clare and i cant make up my mind on her
one camp has her put down as like twilight/stephanie meyer 2.0 the other as harry potter/jk rowling 2.0 and nothing ever in between
 

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
i keep hearing so many different opinions on cassandra clare and i cant make up my mind on her
one camp has her put down as like twilight/stephanie meyer 2.0 the other as harry potter/jk rowling 2.0 and nothing ever in between
She's really annoying at first. But she grows on you I think with the whole character development thing. And she's smart and a quick thinker which is a lot better than most female leads in books.
Never saw her being in Harry Potter:dubuthink:. I can kind of see the twilight comparison.

PS. The romance gets really annoying in the second book because the author is just trying to drag it out for the sake of it though.
 

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
Wow do you mind showing us some of your art work? I'm so interested in art even though I'm terrible at it. But they're always so nice to look at.
And I haven't had time to read books lately but Dorian Gray was one of my favourite books. It was such an interesting book. I hope you have fun reading it!

I actually don't have much time with hobbies at the moment because uni is hectic but I love writing and aquascaping. Aquascaping is basically gardening under water and it's just so satisfying watching my aquatic plants grow and seeing my fish thrive in such a healthy environment. So for the past year I just practiced aquascaping and tried to learn the art. Lots of fun and they look so gorgeous once the plants actually grow. I have learnt heaps from it (like how to deal with algae, behaviours of plants and the nutrients I need, as well as which fish are suitable for which tanks) and I'm planning to start my biggest aquascaping project as soon as I can find the time. The only problem with it is that it's a SUPER expensive hobby.
Up until now I have only started tanks with rocks but I want to try doing a Forest aesthetic rather than a Rocky Mountain one so I'm going to try with driftwood for my next project.






 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
472
Reactions Received
1,519
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
She's really annoying at first. But she grows on you I think with the whole character development thing. And she's smart and a quick thinker which is a lot better than most female leads in books.
Never saw her being in Harry Potter:dubuthink:. I can kind of see the twilight comparison.

PS. The romance gets really annoying in the second book because the author is just trying to drag it out for the sake of it though.
not hp exactly more like a 'this thing is perfect and has mass appeal' kinda thing? idk, one day ill get around to the books.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and potato
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
472
Reactions Received
1,519
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Wow do you mind showing us some of your art work? I'm so interested in art even though I'm terrible at it. But they're always so nice to look at.
I’ve stuck to just sketches for a long time now, nothing finished
I feel like drawing has a huge hurdle at the very beginning, but once you tough out the first few months of steady practice everyday improvement is exponential and it’s super rewarding. The best part about it is that the materials are probably the most accessible of any hobby, just pencil and paper
1584258366359.jpeg


shirtless Jimin bcuz ofc who else am I
1584258391180.jpeg
I actually don't have much time with hobbies at the moment because uni is hectic but I love writing and aquascaping. Aquascaping is basically gardening under water and it's just so satisfying watching my aquatic plants grow and seeing my fish thrive in such a healthy environment. So for the past year I just practiced aquascaping and tried to learn the art. Lots of fun and they look so gorgeous once the plants actually grow. I have learnt heaps from it (like how to deal with algae, behaviours of plants and the nutrients I need, as well as which fish are suitable for which tanks) and I'm planning to start my biggest aquascaping project as soon as I can find the time. The only problem with it is that it's a SUPER expensive hobby.
Up until now I have only started tanks with rocks but I want to try doing a Forest aesthetic rather than a Rocky Mountain one so I'm going to try with driftwood for my next project.
That is so BEAUTIFUL!!!! I’m not a big fan of animals and living things in general, so I would never do it, but goddamn is the mindless aesthete in me just crying of happiness. The prices for tanks are horrifying though omg.
the care that goes into this stuff seems:pepecry1:so pure . You keep me updated on that driftwood thing OR ELSE
Is aquascaping like a big thing that I’ve just always missed or is it rlly niche? How does someone get into something like that?
 

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
I’ve stuck to just sketches for a long time now, nothing finished
I feel like drawing has a huge hurdle at the very beginning, but once you tough out the first few months of steady practice everyday improvement is exponential and it’s super rewarding. The best part about it is that the materials are probably the most accessible of any hobby, just pencil and paper
1584258366359.jpeg


shirtless Jimin bcuz ofc who else am I
1584258391180.jpeg
You're so good! They're so pretty!! Your style kind of reminds me of Peter Pan... I'm not even sure why but it does. I love it :pandalove::pandalove:
I would love to see a finished copy one day.

That is so BEAUTIFUL!!!! I’m not a big fan of animals and living things in general, so I would never do it, but goddamn is the mindless aesthete in me just crying of happiness. The prices for tanks are horrifying though omg.
the care that goes into this stuff seems:pepecry1:so pure . You keep me updated on that driftwood thing OR ELSE
Is aquascaping like a big thing that I’ve just always missed or is it rlly niche? How does someone get into something like that?
Yeh tanks are crazy expensive. And then add soil, nutrients, plants, rocks and wood (which are like $50 a piece), the money just piles up. I can never just buy all the equipment and spend a day to do it all. It spans a period of a few weeks. I also need to cycle it before I add any fish into it so it takes a few months to get it all set up. So it's a very long and expensive process sadly. But definitely rewarding.

And fish keeping in itself is a pretty popular hobby and a large number of the hobbyists are into aquascaping. I wouldn't say it's a common hobby though so I guess it is pretty niche. I think most people (including me) get into it because we want the absolute best living conditions for our fish. And then one thing leads to another and we're exposed to the world of aquascaping. I literally got into it because my fish looked bored and depressed. I looked for ways he could live a healthier life and found that adding plants, rocks and wood would mimic his natural living environment so I tried it out and he really started to thrive. I ended up adding some more fish since there were more hiding areas and they loved it so I ended up just wanting to do more for them. I also fell in love with a variety of different fish and just wanted them all to live their best lives. So it literally all started because I found out about the health benefits of adding live plants into my aquarium.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
472
Reactions Received
1,519
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
You're so good! They're so pretty!! Your style kind of reminds me of Peter Pan... I'm not even sure why but it does. I love it :pandalove::pandalove:
I would love to see a finished copy one day.
thats a new one :sanathink: i think thats probably a good thing.
Yeh tanks are crazy expensive. And then add soil, nutrients, plants, rocks and wood (which are like $50 a piece), the money just piles up. I can never just buy all the equipment and spend a day to do it all. It spans a period of a few weeks. I also need to cycle it before I add any fish into it so it takes a few months to get it all set up. So it's a very long and expensive process sadly. But definitely rewarding.
i can kinda relate to the expensive thing with dolls. im rlly into this one specific type of doll called a bjd. theyre like the creme de la creme of the doll world. theyre made out of resin, strung with string, double jointed (highly posable), extremly customizable, and break the bank. i only have one bjd, the one i mentioned earlier. shes $150 but i got her cheap, most of them can easily break $1000. or, if youre this head made to look like jimin :yolk:the completely bare head is over 1k. then the dresses and wigs and background items come in... but the final dressed up doll is the best
And fish keeping in itself is a pretty popular hobby and a large number of the hobbyists are into aquascaping. I wouldn't say it's a common hobby though so I guess it is pretty niche. I think most people (including me) get into it because we want the absolute best living conditions for our fish. And then one thing leads to another and we're exposed to the world of aquascaping. I literally got into it because my fish looked bored and depressed. I looked for ways he could live a healthier life and found that adding plants, rocks and wood would mimic his natural living environment so I tried it out and he really started to thrive. I ended up adding some more fish since there were more hiding areas and they loved it so I ended up just wanting to do more for them. I also fell in love with a variety of different fish and just wanted them all to live their best lives. So it literally all started because I found out about the health benefits of adding live plants into my aquarium.
hobbies be like that. they always creep up on you and theyre always so random. next year ill probably be raising sheep or smth. your fish must be the most pampered little baby for miles
aquascaping sounds like such an adorable innocent little thing to do im swooning
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and potato

Belgizen

Doyoung's wifey
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
12,760
Reactions Received
31,598
Location
Doyoung's Bed
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
46,298
Fandom
NCTzen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
I ride horses.
No one cares about it and people think it's easy and the horse does all the work.
Friday the 13th I fell from my horse and had a concussion.
It is NOT easy to control an animal of 500 - 600 kilos with it's own mind.
 

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I like to draw (big shock there) and I like to write (another big shock there)

I also like dancing, and I like to learn kpop dancing because I can't be bothered to do other dances. Also a warning: Kick It by NCT is hard
 

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I ride horses.
No one cares about it and people think it's easy and the horse does all the work.
Friday the 13th I fell from my horse and had a concussion.
It is NOT easy to control an animal of 500 - 600 kilos with it's own mind.
Are you okay now?
 

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Yea I'm almost fully healed. Shoulder hurts a bit still but I'll probably be in the saddle again in a few days
That's good. Stay safe!
 

Belgizen

Doyoung's wifey
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
12,760
Reactions Received
31,598
Location
Doyoung's Bed
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
46,298
Fandom
NCTzen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
The one time I went horseback riding the only thing my horse did was eat :joshmeh: how much have u spent on it?
lmaoooo that happens when they don't listen
... A lot... I don't want to calculate tbh
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
472
Reactions Received
1,519
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I like to draw (big shock there) and I like to write (another big shock there)

I also like dancing, and I like to learn kpop dancing because I can't be bothered to do other dances. Also a warning: Kick It by NCT is hard
write what? fanfic or original?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread