According to Forbes, K-Pop stans are the new Anonymous (1 Viewer)

Joined
26 August 2018
Messages
0
Reactions Received
31,963
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
"They present the same risks and challenges to the threat landscape as Anonymous did in their prime," Smith says, "K-pop fans have been filling the void of an absent Anonymous." He says that this is certainly something of a "shift in non-state cyber power, from one group to the next, as the landscape evolves."

I-
 
Joined
26 November 2018
Messages
4,551
Reactions Received
12,217
Location
Irene's hands
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
I stopped reading because I couldn't handle more stupidity
I did the same, got about half way through and had to stop. I have to be honest and say that a lot of this demonisation of kpop reminds me of the fear of Heavy Metal in the 90s...
 
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
65,862
Reactions Received
77,040
Location
Heaven
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
53,448
"One of the biggest threats I see is if bad actors leverage the band's popularity for their personal gain," he says, "a threat actor might share a malicious fandom application, luring fans in. Then, after a few weeks, their devices could be used collectively to launch an attack against a third party; essentially, launching a DDoS attack."

Picture this: you find on twitter (or anywhere else) a link to a website promising it's the ultimate fandom website in the web, maybe ARMY. The website only needs to infect your computer with malware to unsuspectingly recruit you. You visit the website for long enough to learn that the website is not as great as promised and leave to never return; but you stay long enough for the website to infect your computer. Then when a specific date and time is reached, the malware in your computer, along with the infected computers of thousands of other fans, launches an attack on the targeted website. You only need to visit a malicious website for a few minutes in order to be recruited, nothing else. In this scenario, it's possible for such a threat to exist. Not that the fans are the actual threat; but that they could be used to those ends.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: yeji

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
I think they still dont know the brazilian twitter users

Kpop fans are still learning to be a threat to society, maybe one day
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Oh noooooo these 14 yearold girls fighting over which boy is the prettiest pose a similar threat to a cyber-terrorism organisation!
well yeah I'll nuke whoever says kai isn't hot and i'm 22! :joshmeh:
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: yeji and maruberry

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,040
Reactions Received
52,508
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
200,975
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
Dumb mass media not knowing anything about the fandom as usual. Why am I not surprised?
If that is a threat, I'd hate to see what isn't lol
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and jasque
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,010
Reactions Received
52,916
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
169,929
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
Was Anonymous ever a big deal, tho? Or just overhyped by the msm? I mean, i read abt Tor n the dark web n maybe its a big threat, but i dont see a continuing series of articles investigating those much. R they over?

Anyway, to think kpop stans on twitter or elsewhere had much to do with threatening any status quo is ignoring the fact that kpop fans couldnt even agree to hype blackpink ice-cream cb.

I dont think kpop stans organised any covert cyber-threats like Anonymous allegedly has done.

I sooner believe unknown hackers were responsible n just fooled msm into believing kpop stans were the ones doing it. Or that some hackers who r kpop stans tat orchestrated the actions attributed to kpop stan twitter earlier this year. (I mean using kpop stans as cover for it.)
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
Was Anonymous ever a big deal, tho? Or just overhyped by the msm? I mean, i read abt Tor n the dark web n maybe its a big threat, but i dont see a continuing series of articles investigating those much. R they over?

Anyway, to think kpop stans on twitter or elsewhere had much to do with threatening any status quo is ignoring the fact that kpop fans couldnt even agree to hype blackpink ice-cream cb.

I dont think kpop stans organised any covert cyber-threats like Anonymous allegedly has done.

I sooner believe unknown hackers were responsible n just fooled msm into believing kpop stans were the ones doing it. Or that some hackers who r kpop stans tat orchestrated the actions attributed to kpop stan twitter earlier this year. (I mean using kpop stans as cover for it.)
Anonymous do have a power to mess things up

But from what I saw what is this power?

Cancel flights, ddos attacks, trolling elections, area 52 raid, assassination of reputation...

I mean, it's more child play than something to be really too afraid lol

They make some companies lose money at most and that is it
 
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
Its prolly the same threat that is provided by teens of any demographic. Unfortunately modern teens think it is within the realm of reason to dox people who offend them or view as problematic. But I think I speak for most of kps when I say that no one should have their personal information out there for people to terrorize them with.
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Put K-pop fan on your college application and get into MIT
 
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,010
Reactions Received
52,916
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
169,929
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
Put K-pop fan on your college application and get into MIT
No, apply to the FBI Anti-hacking/white hat hacker squad, (if i still believed Law Enforcement enforced the law instead of propping up the status quo.)

Or work for Bernie Sanders on anti-hacking the presidential campaign, ie fight foreign influence on the election if you're American.

Why even go to MIT nowadays, unless you're at the MIT Media Lab, which is reportedly awesomesauce:
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
lmao this is too funny
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread