COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Aespa Accused of Plagiarism. For the 14th time (1 Viewer)

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Do you think we'll make it to 30? @My

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
☾ groo ☽
Pronouns
☾ he/him ☽
sm get your stuff together !! :pandamad: i swear to god their creative team is the worst they're making the girls look terrible:bigcatcry:i will egg the sm ent building

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
shocking.
Do you think we'll make it to 30? @My
My bet was on 27 and I feel like we'll definitely get to at least 20 by the end of the year.

Seriously though, I don't know what the hell SM is even doing anymore but they need to fire Aespa's creative already. This is getting ridiculous. We're joking about the fact that they're already up to 14 (maybe even past that at this point) but I feel bad for the original artists. If someone as powerful as SM stole my work and I couldn't do anything about it, I would feel so depressed. But it seems that SM is acting smartly too because so far although there is an obvious similarity between all the accused sections + the originals, it's not at a level where the original artists can legally do anything about it. My sister studied fashion and she told me that with art, you can take someone's work and just tweak a small part of it and that tweak would make that work no longer the work of the original artist so the other designers can just use it however they like. The laws against art are too lenient so they can get away with anything honestly. I'm seriously glad I'm not in that field because I would go CRAZY if people kept stealing my work and I couldn't do anything.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
☾ groo ☽
Pronouns
☾ he/him ☽
SM will just throw a bunch of money at the artists and it'll work out lmao
ugh remember the "umpah umpah" outfits ? there must be SOMEBODY with creativity out of their 400+ employees. they put their singers and the original artists through so much crap i hate it here :we_kpopsourcing: antis have so much ammo and it's not even the girls' fault smh

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
At this point SM just might be doing this as a way to promote Aespa as they know they can get out of most things and that the girls will pick up publicity for it and not any serious backlash since that'll fall on SM which it won't affect them.

eclipsoul

barbie (2023) fan account
Reactions Received
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Orbit
Pronouns
she/her
what is going on with sm... whoever was responsible for this needs to be fired because this is just getting worse. i feel so bad for the members, imagine your own company doing all that to you on your debut.

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
It's like aespa's creative team didn't even try to come up with anything creative. They just copied a lot of other people's work and tweaked it a bit...

Reactions Received
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
Idk wats happening with SM, but they arent the only copiers , dint JYP copy the structure in Twice's More and More MV? I wonder watever happened there n will the same result occur over this? Did it (Twice's More and More structure being copied) ever get resolved or it was swept under the rug n nvr heard from again? Will the same happen here?

I think the initial news abt copying/plagiarism gets lots of views but then we nvr hear abt it again unless we google it/if we can even rmbr it l8r. As ibrecall the Umpah Umpah outfit designer n copying issue did get a resolution but then SM did do sth abt it, but did that news get spread widely/lots of views? Noo, then i think some ppl(including myself) arent so concerned abt right or wrong n artists rights but just care abt the outrage.(i happened to read abt the Umpah Umpah resolution, i dint search it out) ill probably forget abt this copying unless i happen to read abt a resolution either way but ill forget to search for it l8r.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I hate that these big companies now seem to be plagiarizing artist work just to cause a commotion since they know they can get away with it

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Intellectual copyright is a hard subject.

But in the first place i do not give 2 cents for the whinny nets many of whom are monster thieves themselves.

Art is nuts, like does every impressionist owe money to Monet's estate... no.

So the line between copies, influenced, inspired, ect is just crazy blurry.
Like the dude with the train car which was avatar ish most of art is a long chain of copies, influenced, inspired

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread