[ANON]Give Me Your Controversial Opinions (1 Viewer)

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
You can either post them below or send them anonymously.
And I will respond giving my thoughts on them.

HERE IS THE ANON​
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Honestly even as a massive k-pop fan sometimes I think most criticism toward us is pretty understandable like even "good" k-pop fans turn toxic the second they log into twitter. I don't think k-pop fans should be bullied for it EVER but when someone says they dislike k-pop fans I'm not even gonna try to argue with that lol.

I don't argue with it either because 90% of the time they have a fair point and I even get annoyed with us from time to time.
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Survival shows are completely unneccessary, all they do is negatively impact the trainees' mental health

I agree they aren't necessary but it isn't any better than what goes on behind the scenes in regards to the trainee's mental health. If anything the shows expose them to what may happen when they do debut-because netizens are shit awful. Both western and Korean, I don't discriminate. So as a result they get exposure to the real idol life before they debut and I think maybe it could wake some of them up to how challenging it really is in the end.

I don't agree with how any idol or trainee is treated though tbh. I take mental health seriously and wish what was common wasn't.
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
You didn't send in a controversial opinion and you liked the post. Only someone who isn't scared of what they sent would like the top post.
 

Emanresu

Tzuyu Fanboy
.
Joined
4 December 2018
Messages
3,200
Reactions Received
11,455
Location
USA
Website
emanresukdrama.wordpress.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
205
Fandom
Once, Sone
Gender
Male
I eagerly await the day kpop refocuses on Asia and Korea as the rightful epicenter of kpop.

I think there's something very valuable to having kpop be a pillar of Asia. By Asia for Asia.

Instead of a mere springboard to look West.

In my opinion 2nd generation was a perfect storm of sorts.

Open enough that international audiences could participate. But still with the zeitgeist remained solidly focused on Asia as driver of kpop.

There's much that has been gained by piercing of the Western markets, economically and in terms of recognition and fanbases.

But, I'd argue. It came at a great cost.

The spirit of kpop, displaced from it's rightful hegemony.

Asian and Korean hegemony.

And the slow slide of kpop into the ubiquity of international pop.

It has lost much of its uniquely Korean charm and differentiation. The idiosyncrasies that once defined it.

Shed for an international market that would have it reflect themselves.


P.S. Gatekeeping is perhaps a delusion. After all it's often impossible to put the genie back in the bottle. But I can dream.
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I eagerly await the day kpop refocuses on Asia and Korea as the rightful epicenter of kpop.

I think there's something very valuable to having kpop be a pillar of Asia. By Asia for Asia.

Instead of a mere springboard to look West.

In my opinion 2nd generation was a perfect storm of sorts.

Open enough that international audiences could participate. But still with the zeitgeist remained solidly focused on Asia as driver of kpop.

There's much that has been gained by piercing of the Western markets, economically and in terms of recognition and fanbases.

But, I'd argue. It came at a great cost.

The spirit of kpop, displaced from it's rightful hegemony.

Asian and Korean hegemony.

And the slow slide of kpop into the ubiquity of international pop.

It has lost much of its uniquely Korean charm and differentiation. The idiosyncrasies that once defined it.

Shed for an international market that would have it reflect themselves.


P.S. Gatekeeping is perhaps a delusion. After all it's often impossible to put the genie back in the bottle. But I can dream.
I LOWKEY AGREE
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,208
Reactions Received
76,668
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,597
Ship
Wreck
Survival shows are completely unneccessary, all they do is negatively impact the trainees' mental health

I agree they aren't necessary but it isn't any better than what goes on behind the scenes in regards to the trainee's mental health. If anything the shows expose them to what may happen when they do debut-because netizens are shit awful. Both western and Korean, I don't discriminate. So as a result they get exposure to the real idol life before they debut and I think maybe it could wake some of them up to how challenging it really is in the end.

I don't agree with how any idol or trainee is treated though tbh. I take mental health seriously and wish what was common wasn't.
Well that's the ones with trainees but I think there is a place for stuff like The Unit and Queendom/Kingdom where it is mainly already debuted artists as they aren't going to play into any attempts to stir up drama which is what most other survival shows end up doing and it can really take away from being able to really enjoy the show
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,208
Reactions Received
76,668
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,597
Ship
Wreck
I eagerly await the day kpop refocuses on Asia and Korea as the rightful epicenter of kpop.

I think there's something very valuable to having kpop be a pillar of Asia. By Asia for Asia.

Instead of a mere springboard to look West.

In my opinion 2nd generation was a perfect storm of sorts.

Open enough that international audiences could participate. But still with the zeitgeist remained solidly focused on Asia as driver of kpop.

There's much that has been gained by piercing of the Western markets, economically and in terms of recognition and fanbases.

But, I'd argue. It came at a great cost.

The spirit of kpop, displaced from it's rightful hegemony.

Asian and Korean hegemony.

And the slow slide of kpop into the ubiquity of international pop.

It has lost much of its uniquely Korean charm and differentiation. The idiosyncrasies that once defined it.

Shed for an international market that would have it reflect themselves.


P.S. Gatekeeping is perhaps a delusion. After all it's often impossible to put the genie back in the bottle. But I can dream.
I agree with the general message but the one thing that catches me on this is that the International attention has helped groups grow to levels that wouldn't have been imagined even as far as a couple of years back and that Korea seems to be becoming a harder market to impress so they're almost pushing Kpop even more into focusing elsewhere
 

mysteric

hysteric
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
14,363
Reactions Received
27,574
Location
the moon
Website
newjeans.carrd.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8,986
Fandom
MeU & MY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she ✧ her
Ship
I agree with the general message but the one thing that catches me on this is that the International attention has helped groups grow to levels that wouldn't have been imagined even as far as a couple of years back and that Korea seems to be becoming a harder market to impress so they're almost pushing Kpop even more into focusing elsewhere
same
the only thing really annoying about pushing westwards are the fans who exhibit lowkey ?demeaning? attitudes towards the whole thing, like how the asian market is inherently less important than the us market, even if a lot of the bias is unconscious
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,208
Reactions Received
76,668
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,597
Ship
Wreck
same
the only thing really annoying about pushing westwards are the fans who exhibit lowkey ?demeaning? attitudes towards the whole thing, like how the asian market is inherently less important than the us market, even if a lot of the bias is unconscious
I don't think anything is going to beat out Korea as the popularity of a group elsewhere is generally a knock-on effect from being popular in Korea as a hit song gets you exposure from that song as Kpop is trendy right now so it leads to people wanting to talk about you to capitalise on that popularity. The other thing is that it's also just easier if you are popular in Korea as in the US and Japan you're competing against American and Japanese artists for stuff while in Korea they are the stars and with most companies being based in Korea it makes it easier for promoting yourself and all of this is without taking into account the problem of Korean artists actually being accepted into the other markets.
 
  • Like
Reactions: mysteric

mysteric

hysteric
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
14,363
Reactions Received
27,574
Location
the moon
Website
newjeans.carrd.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8,986
Fandom
MeU & MY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she ✧ her
Ship
I don't think anything is going to beat out Korea as the popularity of a group elsewhere is generally a knock-on effect from being popular in Korea as a hit song gets you exposure from that song as Kpop is trendy right now so it leads to people wanting to talk about you to capitalise on that popularity. The other thing is that it's also just easier if you are popular in Korea as in the US and Japan you're competing against American and Japanese artists for stuff while in Korea they are the stars and with most companies being based in Korea it makes it easier for promoting yourself and all of this is without taking into account the problem of Korean artists actually being accepted into the other markets.
esp with acts coming from established companies, it makes little sense imo to branch out that much; you're literally losing the main advantage (connections) you have
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,208
Reactions Received
76,668
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,597
Ship
Wreck
esp with acts coming from established companies, it makes little sense imo to branch out that much; you're literally losing the main advantage (connections) you have
Yeah it's not the brightest as even BTS and Blackpink don't focus that hard on other places and they're the ones who should be if any
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I don't know anything more annoying than company stans. You could say that you don't like the way they treat their trainees and idols and here they go on a whole essay that it's good for them, it will protect them from the hate in the future , that it's just "how it is" in the industry and more dumb sh*t they come up with. I've seen people even defend things like that one time when JYP made Momo eat nothing but ice cubes for like a week as a trainee. This is ridiculous.

I don't know if I've ever really run into a company stan or someone who sees that stuff as ok so I don't have any comment.
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
People call my thoughts eco-fascism which I never understood but essentially I believe the world would be better off without greedy/evil and useless people. We will at some point get to overpopulation and I believe death of certain individuals that don't contribute to society or humanity isn't anything weird. It is in a sense murder but I would not be murdering these people, rather, it would be a survival of the fittest type of situation like in nature.

Survival of the fittest fucking how? How will those people die? The people that love and care about them will suddenly be forced to not care about them? LMFAO

Sorry, don't have any wishes for those with disabilities in my family to die because I or my aunts and uncles stopped giving a shit. Not likely. Or their siblings for that matter-despite what a lot of people think, a lot of people ya'll see as "useless" bring a lot of joy to others in their lives and are in fact capable of happiness and aren't "useless".
 
  • Like
Reactions: lexus

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread