Anyone else feel like Kpop became more about the YouTube views after Ddu-Du Ddu-Du? (1 Viewer)

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I think it was cared about more when ddu du ddu du came out, but I think it was still a pretty big thing. When DNA came out, I remember getting a bunch of texts and notifications from my army friends reminding me to stream the MV to get their views up. I was also sent many playlists to help me stream. It just became a bigger thing, as it wasn't that big in the past.
 

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
I never really got the streaming part...
I...

Why TF does it MATTER if the video has 400 or 500 million views?
Why does it MATTER if it has 100 million or 200 million?

I can understand streaming if it is a small and unknown group and every little thing helps.
Even the little achievements are huge wins.

But for fans of a top group to go gaga over MV views? I don't get it...
 

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
8,269
Reactions Received
26,625
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
That's what they were saying^^
mb misunderstood the post. but even still i dont think dddd made a difference in how people treated youtube views.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,271
Reactions Received
76,672
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,950
Ship
Wreck
It started in 2016 with BTS and Twice going after Girls' Generation and Big Bangs highest view counts and then Blackpink showed they could gain more views than Twice and took their place.
 
Joined
26 August 2018
Messages
0
Reactions Received
31,963
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
It started in 2016 with BTS and Twice going after Girls' Generation and Big Bangs highest view counts and then Blackpink showed they could gain more views than Twice and took their place.
This. BLACKPINK didn't start the viewmania. When TWICE was on their way to supersede SNSD and 2NE1, and BTS started raking numbers, people were eager for them to overtake BIGBANG and EXO. Ever since then it's and endless, pointless, race.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
BTS mainly started that trend with views and then Blackpink followed.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Shimmer

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread