COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

News Apink Chorong, Bomi, Eunji, Namjoo, & Hayoung renew their contracts + Naeun parts ways with Play M (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar

Chorong, Bomi, Eunji, Namjoo, & Hayoung renew their contracts + Naeun parts ways with Play M

Read the translation, idk any more than tat. I was rlly getting to like Apink from listening their songs for Abe's tournament. I rlly dont think it will be the same without Naeun in PlayM/Apink.(i dont think any kpop gg has ever had a full comeback with a member signed to another agency/company(correct me if im wrong). Good luck to all of them in their future endeavors.
@Pink Panda

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I think she'll still be in Apink but not in PlayM, kinda like Taecyeon with 2PM.
It's still gonna be weird but as long as the girls are together, it's fine.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv

Chorong, Bomi, Eunji, Namjoo, & Hayoung renew their contracts + Naeun parts ways with Play M

Read the translation, idk any more than tat. I was rlly getting to like Apink from listening their songs for Abe's tournament. I rlly dont think it will be the same without Naeun in PlayM/Apink.(i dont think any kpop gg has ever had a full comeback with a member signed to another agency/company(correct me if im wrong). Good luck to all of them in their future endeavors.
@Pink Panda
They claim that Apink will still promote as 6... We will see.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
HoeForUmin
Pronouns
She/Her
I think she'll still be in Apink but not in PlayM, kinda like Taecyeon with 2PM.
Yeah Taecyeon is one of the few that seems to have kept his word about staying with his group after leaving a company. Play M seem pretty chilled about it in their statement, she's still part of their upcoming album activities. I imagine Naeun talked a lot with Chorong too before deciding not to renew.

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Yeah Taecyeon is one of the few that seems to have kept his word about staying with his group after leaving a company. Play M seem pretty chilled about it in their statement, she's still part of their upcoming album activities. I imagine Naeun talked a lot with Chorong too before deciding not to renew.
Yeah and they just released their 10th anniversary song too, I think it's just to look for better opportunities as an actress/model, Apink are really close to everyone in PlayM and I don't think that relationship has soured in anyway.

However I just saw this now and wtf Naeun noooooo :yolk:

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
I'm skeptical of this as the company seemed to be decent in supporting the Apink members branching out like Eunji was a host of a show, Namjoo and Hayoung had solos and Naeun herself has had albeit sporadic acting roles.

One member doing this isn't the biggest concern but this will add another layer of difficulty once Naeun is being managed by another company and I assume the 10th anniversary album will just come out before that.

I think as far as these situations go it's far more realistic to say something like EXID did and what Shinhwa actually did with the group going on hiatus to build their individual brands and reuniting one day as other groups are usually far too ambitious with what they promise.

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Yeah and they just released their 10th anniversary song too, I think it's just to look for better opportunities as an actress/model, Apink are really close to everyone in PlayM and I don't think that relationship has soured in anyway.

If she signs with YG then OT6 is definitely over even if her plans are to be an actress there I don't see YG being interested in Apink.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
HoeForUmin
Pronouns
She/Her

This is so random. I mean, I'll still support her, but all I'm thinking right now is ????????

Reactions Received
Website
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar

Idk abt Taecyeon n 2PM. See reply to next comment.

They claim that Apink will still promote as 6... We will see.
After 3 yrs going on 4 yrs of another 2nd gen gg saying all the members are still in the group tho in different agencies/companies, im skeptical till i see it actually happen. Even just announcing wont do, cos its just could go up in a puff of smoke-like i read has happened b4 for other grps.

I'm skeptical of this as the company seemed to be decent in supporting the Apink members branching out like Eunji was a host of a show, Namjoo and Hayoung had solos and Naeun herself has had albeit sporadic acting roles.

One member doing this isn't the biggest concern but this will add another layer of difficulty once Naeun is being managed by another company and I assume the 10th anniversary album will just come out before that.

I think as far as these situations go it's far more realistic to say something like EXID did and what Shinhwa actually did with the group going on hiatus to build their individual brands and reuniting one day as other groups are usually far too ambitious with what they promise.
If she signs with YG then OT6 is definitely over even if her plans are to be an actress there I don't see YG being interested in Apink.
I doubt Naeun will ever be in Apink comeback until i actually see it happen. I dont think any kpop gg has ever had a comeback with any member outside the original company's status-i except BEG cos it was an album of 8 covers. (They dint hv to spend on songwriters/composers/producers as much as on original music.) Correct me if im wrong. Even EXID hasnt had a cb since Hani left Banana Culture n the others left thereafter?

This is so random. I mean, I'll still support her, but all I'm thinking right now is ????????
As for Son Naeun signing with YG, i dont see it happening but im not an expert. If anything i thot she'd sign with SM, since Nana is there, or an acting agency.

Best of luck to all of them. I hope they find every success in wat they do in future.

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Idk abt Taecyeon n 2PM. See reply to next comment.

After 3 yrs going on 4 yrs of another 2nd gen gg saying all the members are still in the group tho in different agencies/companies, im skeptical till i see it actually happen. Even just announcing wont do, cos its just could go up in a puff of smoke-like i read has happened b4 for other grps.

I doubt Naeun will ever be in Apink comeback until i actually see it happen. I dont think any kpop gg has ever had a comeback with any member outside the original company's status-i except BEG cos it was an album of 8 covers. (They dint hv to spend on songwriters/composers/producers as much as on original music.) Correct me if im wrong. Even EXID hasnt had a cb since Hani left Banana Culture n the others left thereafter?

As for Son Naeun signing with YG, i dont see it happening but im not an expert. If anything i thot she'd sign with SM, since Nana is there, or an acting agency.

Best of luck to all of them. I hope they find every success in wat they do in future.
EXID is murky as they released Bad Girl For You and B.L.E.S.S.E.D after their last Korean comeback with Me & You but they still had time on their Japanese contracts as EXID that allowed them to do that.

Reactions Received
Website
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
EXID is murky as they released Bad Girl For You and B.L.E.S.S.E.D after their last Korean comeback with Me & You but they still had time on their Japanese contracts as EXID that allowed them to do that.
I missed tat in the discography as i had to scroll down thinking "We"(last korean comeback) was their last ever. Had to rmbr Hani left in 2019 after tat, but dint read abt their 2020 Japan cb cos it was scroll upwards.

Tat confuses me as how come Japan releases comeback contract are different timing from korean-maybe this explains why Vic was still signed to SM long after the rest of f(x) left SM.

Also, Its weird to me, how a few 2nd gen ggs basically (imo) want(-ed) to continue smh but not under their original companies(or not all members but still as complete a group as previously): EXID, SNSD, 2NE1(I believe, or at least BlackJacks are convinced), maybe BEG counts (also maybe T-ara recently on the Chuseok special, last 4 remaining members before leaving MBK- either with or away from original company). (Already Pristin, gugudan n a few other 3rd gen ggs hv fallen by the wayside-even b4 contracts timing ended).

Whereas 1st gen like S.E.S., Fin. KL, Baby Voxx n others, dont.... i wonder abt 3rd gen gg like Twice, RV n BP, also OMG- if they will last 10/13 yrs or not, as a full grp.

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship

YG Stage is actually a decent acting agency. They don't have the management issues the main branch does or the high turnover rate

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
I missed tat in the discography as i had to scroll down thinking "We"(last korean comeback) was their last ever. Had to rmbr Hani left in 2019 after tat, but dint read abt their 2020 Japan cb cos it was scroll upwards.

Tat confuses me as how come Japan releases comeback contract are different timing from korean-maybe this explains why Vic was still signed to SM long after the rest of f(x) left SM.

Also, Its weird to me, how a few 2nd gen ggs basically (imo) want(-ed) to continue smh but not under their original companies(or not all members but still as complete a group as previously): EXID, SNSD, 2NE1(I believe, or at least BlackJacks are convinced), maybe BEG counts (also maybe T-ara recently on the Chuseok special, last 4 remaining members before leaving MBK- either with or away from original company). (Already Pristin, gugudan n a few other 3rd gen ggs hv fallen by the wayside-even b4 contracts timing ended).

Whereas 1st gen like S.E.S., Fin. KL, Baby Voxx n others, dont.... i wonder abt 3rd gen gg like Twice, RV n BP, also OMG- if they will last 10/13 yrs or not, as a full grp.
Well their Japanese debut was around August 2018 so it would have had to be a short contract to line up with May 2019 so just came down to timing of their contract negotiations.

Well EXID is 3rd gen but usually comes down to not getting the solo support like Hani and Jeonghwa wanted to do acting which Banana Culture couldn't support so they left and the rest of the group unravelled from that which is same for 2NE1 after Minzy left and T-ara was just MBK being trash.

I think most will be the same as eventually the members will want to branch out more and if the company doesn't have the ability to really do that for them then they'll end up leaving probably to get that support.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
HoeForUmin
Pronouns
She/Her
YG Stage is actually a decent acting agency. They don't have the management issues the main branch does or the high turnover rate
I think it's more random because when artists leave companies, they tend to move to unknown or new (or even set up their own) companies. It's great a big 3 company rates her, they'll have seen Apink's rise for a decade now.

Reactions Received
Website
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
Well their Japanese debut was around August 2018 so it would have had to be a short contract to line up with May 2019 so just came down to timing of their contract negotiations.

Well EXID is 3rd gen but usually comes down to not getting the solo support like Hani and Jeonghwa wanted to do acting which Banana Culture couldn't support so they left and the rest of the group unravelled from that which is same for 2NE1 after Minzy left and T-ara was just MBK being trash.

I think most will be the same as eventually the members will want to branch out more and if the company doesn't have the ability to really do that for them then they'll end up leaving probably to get that support.
Well, you make sense except i dont get why Nana signed with SM as she's no longer wat i consider an idol, unless maybe YoonA n Nana are at the same lvl of fame whereas Seohyun n Sooyoung arent/werent in 2017, which is why they dint re-sign to SM then.

Seems to me big 3 arent tat great at retaining their gg idols as actresses, except Yoona n Yuri thus far. Im not sure if Joy n Irene's situation as actresses post-RV can be compared-Irene if she hadn't a scandal might hv been Yoona's successor as top actress from SM gg idol, with Joy succeeding Yuri, Seohyun n Sooyoung-purely in terms of fame, popularity n raking it in for SM.Now Joy might be in her spot.

JYP n b4 i read Yumiz's post YGE, i thot arent as great for their own gg idols turned actors compared to actor agencies, but ig YG Stage is the exception. Shocking to me reading tat.

Wow, shocking to read this: a YG company/subsidiary actually good at management.
I think it's more random because when artists leave companies, they tend to move to unknown or new (or even set up their own) companies. It's great a big 3 company rates her, they'll have seen Apink's rise for a decade now.
It depends on the individual, n the circumstances/timing: some might not hv the will/drive/capital to start own company. Others might just not be as coveted as Suzy/Yoona/Nana so end up in unknown/new companies. I only rlly know abt Seohyun n Sooyoung, no idea how agency they signed to rank as such. Tho they sure are keeping busy after 2017. As actor/MC n hopefully other commercial ventures. Hopefully they find every success in watever endeavor they undertake in future.

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
as long as all the girls are happy

lexus

Pinkchella
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Why is she looking at YGE of all places? :jisoosmh:

Reactions Received
Website
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
Why is she looking at YGE of all places? :jisoosmh:
I think this might explain somewat, incompletely:
posted by Yumiz upthread.

My assumption only, i neither know nor hv any insight or info abt why.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread