Are JYP Overproducing TWICE's Vocals? (4 Viewers)

Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
3,522
Reactions Received
23,038
Location
ONCE Nation
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I was gonna correct that as well but people already call me a grammar nazi so I just let it slide :hmm::hmm:
It's ok, but I do usually like to type out phrases as if they were spoken. Even if it's improper, I like to sound more casual and less serious.
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
It's ok, but I do usually like to type out phrases as if they were spoken. Even if it's improper, I like to sound more casual and less serious.
Don't worry, that's completely fine and tbh it's normal lol. I'm the problem in this scenario :yolk::yolk:
 

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
.
.
Joined
24 November 2018
Messages
52,131
Reactions Received
94,782
Location
Dreamworld
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
132,191
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
I agree, especially with what people are saying about Nayeon.

For me personally, this title track is one of my faves from them. I'm not much into their music, but I really like the members and watch alot of their content etc. I know what they are capable of (especailly when they perform cover songs at concerts etc) so the overproduction of some parts in terms of their vocals is noticeable.

It's not the first time Twice vocals are overproduced obviously, but it would be nice if JYP allowed for a more natural tone. I'm sure Twice would surprise alot of people if that was the case.

Perhaps if this really is the "turning point" as Chaeyoung suggested, Twice could really capture my attention in terms of music. I hope they do!

Overall though, this is my fave comeback from Twice! Fun MV and generally a good song!
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
I agree, especially with what people are saying about Nayeon.

For me personally, this title track is one of my faves from them. I'm not much into their music, but I really like the members and watch alot of their content etc. I know what they are capable of (especailly when they perform cover songs at concerts etc) so the overproduction of some parts in terms of their vocals is noticeable.

It's not the first time Twice vocals are overproduced obviously, but it would be nice if JYP allowed for a more natural tone. I'm sure Twice would surprise alot of people if that was the case.

Perhaps if this really is the "turning point" as Chaeyoung suggested, Twice could really capture my attention in terms of music. I hope they do!

Overall though, this is my fave comeback from Twice! Fun MV and generally a good song!
See the thing is, it's mostly just the title tracks. In their b-sides, the production is there but it's not to this extent at all. You can hear their beautiful vocals and unique tones. As a Nayeon biased human, I cannot go without telling you that Nayeon has a beautiful tone and it's getting buried under all this auto tune, which really frustrates me tbh.
 
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: yeji and OnlyCalB

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
.
.
Joined
24 November 2018
Messages
52,131
Reactions Received
94,782
Location
Dreamworld
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
132,191
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
See the thing is, it's mostly just the title tracks. In their b-sides, the production is there but it's not to this extent at all. You can hear their beautiful vocals and unique tones. As a Nayeon biased human, I cannot go without telling you that Nayeon has a beautiful tone and it's getting buried under all this auto tune, which really frustrates me tbh.
Nayeon is my Twice bias (along with Sana and Mina). Nayeon does indeed have a beautiful tone, and some what powerful too. I've listened to a number of b-sides and I much prefer them to the Twice title tracks. And like I said, when Nayeon (and the rest of the members) perform covers at concerts they really show what they are all able to do vocally. I love watching their concert performances of cover songs (and their own too). I can see why it's frustrating. Their own title songs don't always naturally showcase their full potential vocally.

But that the thing with K-pop, especially title tracks. Experimental, overproduction, loudness, fun factor etc. B-sides are far more subtle and composed more structurally.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: yeji and Darkyoda47

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
It didn't bother me that much when I first listened to it. Then again I don't really like the new song so I'm probably not going to keep listening to it anyways. :welp:
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
Nayeon is my Twice bias (along with Sana and Mina). Nayeon does indeed have a beautiful tone, and some what powerful too. I've listened to a number of b-sides and I much prefer them to the Twice title tracks. And like I said, when Nayeon (and the rest of the members) perform covers at concerts they really show what they are all able to do vocally. I love watching their concert performances of cover songs (and their own too). I can see why it's frustrating. Their own title songs don't always naturally showcase their full potential vocally.

But that the thing with K-pop, especially title tracks. Experimental, overproduction, loudness, fun factor etc. B-sides are far more subtle and composed more structurally.
100% agree
 
  • Like
Reactions: OnlyCalB and yeji

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread