- Joined
- 25 February 2019
- Messages
- 1,009
- Reactions Received
- 3,554
- Location
- SHINee Academy
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 0
- Gender
- Female
Honestly I think they can be, but not inherently; to have a preference one would have to like something else more than the other, but still be willing to go with the other option. So for example, if I prefer mint chocolate ice cream to regular chocolate ice cream obviously I'm going to go for mint choco at every ice cream parlor I go to, but I would be willing to eat regular chocolate ice cream if mint wasn't there. I see it the same way with people. It's okay to prefer one race over another because it still means that you would date any other race. That's why I don't believe having a racial preference automatically means a person is racist- however I do acknowledge that sometimes it can stem from racist beliefs. I think where most people get in such a huff is when someone completely discriminates against a whole race based off some stereotypes (ex. "I would never date an asian guy because they all have little pee pees and are awkward, feminine, nerds!"), and I understand how that can hurt, but honestly?? Who gives a damn lol. I also don't understand getting upset over someone YOU wouldn't even date if they didn't have those ideas.
I know this is kind of an unpopular opinion, but if anything it's best to focus on the people who like you rather than the ones who don't. At least that's just the way I see it.
and please be respectful toward each other I don't want this thread to get locked, i just got back
I know this is kind of an unpopular opinion, but if anything it's best to focus on the people who like you rather than the ones who don't. At least that's just the way I see it.