Are you annoyed if someone types a regular message to you in all caps? (1 Viewer)

Joined
26 August 2018
Messages
0
Reactions Received
31,963
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
It's well known that CAPITAL CASE message translates to shouting. It's basic internet culture. It's very irritating when I receive an all caps message. I read it like I'm shouted at and I never appreciate it. I had a professor who replied to his emails with ALL CAPS in a message. I thought he was angry all the time. What are your thoughts on this?
 

Foxia

.
Joined
14 May 2019
Messages
942
Reactions Received
2,692
Location
Hope World
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I only do this with friends or some family members (my brother) for fun or when we're really enthusiastic about something.

It's weird when other people (you're not that familiar with or you don't know that well) would send messages in all caps. I would take it as angry as well in that case.
 
Joined
31 May 2019
Messages
411
Reactions Received
895
Location
LOONAVERSE
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
i don't mind it if it's only every once in a while because i imagine someone calmly screaming at me during a conversation and that cracks me up.

if it's all the time then, yea, i'd probably get annoyed lol
 

Mew

~Angel of Death~
.
Joined
29 November 2018
Messages
2,249
Reactions Received
4,602
Location
England, London
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
6
Fandom
Shawol
Gender
Female
No... I find it funny actually. Cause If I know what they sound like it just doing funny, if not I just make up weird voice for them depending on how they type.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Skinnny
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
Yeah. Sort of. I just wonder if the person is holding shift the whole time or just turns on caps lock... Being in post secondary school for, bordering on seven years now, I always use shift and it would become tedious to use shift for a whole sentence or five. I feel stressed when I see a message in all caps, because someone takes something I said as offensive. This would lead me to get upset for little reason and then me not responding, because I have little reason to start a back and forth; I'm not 15 after all 😩 ... But to summarize, I don't like it. It sucks. Its stressful and anger inducing.
I read it like I'm shouted at and I never appreciate it. I had a professor who replied to his emails with ALL CAPS in a message.
Any introductory course that utilized some electronic form of communication always taught me not to use all caps for any assignment or correspondence as it was unprofessional and amateurish. Its funny to see that professors are doing it, even though they have advanced degrees. So sad.
 

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,134
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,488
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I wouldn't get annoyed I would just wonder if they're actually mad at more or just goofing off.
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Kinda stresses me out reading it
 

Les

Joined
21 May 2019
Messages
470
Reactions Received
984
Location
Miroh
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I don't mind when people want to hype something/share their excitement (like for a comeback)
But if they write like that on a daily basis... :welp: yikes

If I wrote an email to one of my professors in all caps I'm sure they would trash it as soon as they see it :queen:
 

Tickita

𝒜𝓃 𝒾𝓃𝓋𝒾𝓃𝒸𝒾𝒷𝓁𝑒 𝓈𝓊𝓂𝓂𝑒𝓇.
.
.
.
Joined
30 January 2020
Messages
26,480
Reactions Received
39,142
Location
We're no strangers to love.
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,434
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she, her, mrrp
Yes, unless it's a certain group of people at work, because I know they're working on something that requires all caps. They immediately apologize after they realize they replied in all caps.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread