I'm more of tomboy, but I'm not completely unfeminine. If I go to party or sth I will likely put on make-up, do my hair or at least try and maybe even wear dress. But most of the time, I'm just wearing jeans and t-shirt or sweater. When I'm at work I mostly wear dress shirts (is that correct word who knows). I don't use make-up in my daily life either too much work. If I think of my interest they are more masculine I guess than feminine. Like video games, anime, comic books, role games and tabletop games.. all that geeky stuff. I also rly liked sports as kid, especially basketball.
Culture hmm. Well, I think the culture made it more easy I guess? Only time I have gotten comment about not being that feminine was when I had pixie cut. My aunt who is Russian found it weird. Apparently women tend to be more feminine there. But I think the biggest influence was that when I was small child, especially before school age I didn't have any female friends, but bunch of boys instead. Maybe I developed more masculine interest and way of dressing from that. I remember being against girly stuff as a kid, though I think I mellowed it down when I became older.