Are You Ok When Youtubers do this? (1 Viewer)

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
The question is tilted weirdly but anyway...
A YouTuber I really enjoy has this series on youtube I really enjoy.
In the latest video of that series she said something along the lines
that she was moving that series to Instagram instead.
And personally, as a fan, I'm not too happy about it
as one, I don't like following influencers on instagram.
I barely like following idols because they just spam my feed.

I prefer watching these videos on YouTuber and am just kind of sad I won't be watching it anymore
because it's been moved to another platform
despite her still posting on youtube for other things.

So I was wondering of you guys have ever had a youtuber do this-and it doesn't even have to be
youtube per say but have you ever had a content creator move to another platform
and how did you react to it?​
 

Myco

Ace of Hearts
.
.
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
33,247
Reactions Received
81,309
Location
Beat Interactive
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,036
Fandom
Choice
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
I'd hate that, I personally barely use instagram myself, so if someone I liked decided to make their content only available on Insta, who does have that weird feature of uploading long(er) stories etc. I think I would stop watching them ngl
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I'd hate that, I personally barely use instagram myself, so if someone I liked decided to make their content only available on Insta, who does have that weird feature of uploading long(er) stories etc. I think I would stop watching them ngl
Yeah I'm hoping I understood her wrong but the series is so much fun to watch and I have no interest in following her on instagram.
 
  • Like
Reactions: mysteric and Myco

Myco

Ace of Hearts
.
.
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
33,247
Reactions Received
81,309
Location
Beat Interactive
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,036
Fandom
Choice
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
Yeah I'm hoping I understood her wrong but the series is so much fun to watch and I have no interest in following her on instagram.
idk why they just dont upload it on both websites, u just have to press an extra button or 2 to upload in on insta
 
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
Nah. I think that is dumb tbh. Couldn't they just post to YT and put a link on Insta when they uploaded?

edit: Maybe a lot of her YT subscribers will be upset about it and cause her to change her mind.
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Nah. I think that is dumb tbh. Couldn't they just post to YT and put a link on Insta when they uploaded?
You'd think! I genuinely don't get the point at all.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I can just think of people moving to twitch or vice versa. Honestly I usually don't like it, cause the content is in bit different format. But lot of people make content for both like most twitchers also put edited videos or at least clips of best moments on youtube so that doesn't bother me too much.
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I can just think of people moving to twitch or vice versa. Honestly I usually don't like it, cause the content is in bit different format. But lot of people make content for both like most twitchers also put edited videos or at least clips of best moments on youtube so that doesn't bother me too much.
I know some youtubers who also twitch streams also have the habit of just uploading the full stream onto another youtuber channel so it's nice.
 
  • Like
Reactions: mysteric

mysteric

hysteric
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
14,363
Reactions Received
27,574
Location
the moon
Website
newjeans.carrd.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8,986
Fandom
MeU & MY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she ✧ her
Ship
I'd hate that, it's been 6 months since I last touched ig and honestly I feel much better without it
also, instagram's video upload size is horrendous, I already hate watching short clips there, can't imagine trying to watch full videos off there
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips
Joined
19 November 2018
Messages
1,049
Reactions Received
4,251
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
V.I.P
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Luckily I have never had a YouTuber I follow do this, but I agree I would not like it and probably would not watch as much anymore. I barely use Instagram, and also barely follow any celebrity type figures there as well due to the contents of what some post.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread