Are You Serious (1 Viewer)

Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
What is something you read or heard recently that really irritated you?

For me it was when I read this article by this woman who has a gay son. She said that she was going to stop hiding her sons sexual orientation from people. The premise was that it didn't matter that it made people uncomfortable that her son was gay.. She was going to tell them (e.g., family, church, co-workers, etc.) and if they were uncomfortable it was their problem...

Yeah... I would not like someone telling their friends and family about my sexual orientation, especially since it would effect me more than the hypothetical mother... Perhaps the premise was well intended, but I found it rather annoying and presumptuous.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I guess it depends a bit like if the son is adult living In different city telling her Co workers that her son is gay is not bad thing to me. But if its more like outing him to people he knows but who don't know he's gay then to me it doesn't sound like her place.
 
  • Like
Reactions: raymondchouku

Panda

.
.
.
.
Joined
24 September 2018
Messages
8,755
Reactions Received
24,302
Location
Somewhere Near Bamboo
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
12
Fandom
Starlight
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
yeah I agree, that's pretty messed up from the mom though I can see that she meant it as a good intention

tbh, every time i see proven sexual assault allegations that get thrown out the window, it makes me mad tbh
 
  • Like
Reactions: raymondchouku

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread