Are you the kind of person who... (1 Viewer)

NASA

3ᑢ273⁷
.
.
Joined
2 July 2019
Messages
4,814
Reactions Received
19,142
Location
3ᑢ 273⁷
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,000
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Ship
Prefers to look for mainly the good in people, even though you risk befriending people who maybe aren't good for you, because you don't want to see that side of them and try your best to ignore it so you can focus on the good things?

Or

Prefers to see mainly the bad in people, guarding yourself from the people who aren't good for you, even though it will cause issues with making friends, as well as maybe negatively effecting the existing friendships if you have trouble trusting their good intentions at face value?

Of course this question is a bit black and white for a topic that almost no one is going to be exactly one sided on since we've all got a little bit of each and some may be right in the middle too, so this is for the sake of turning something that's a little more complicated into something we can sorta understand. Just answer with the one you lean more towards.

So which one do you relate with more? What positives do you think outweigh the negative side of that type of thinking? Or do you think the positives aren't worth it and you would rather see it the other way?

This thread came about because I think i'm the kind of person who tries their best to see good in people, and that has gotten me in trouble before because i've had quite a few friendships that were not good for me at all that I stayed in for wayyy too long, even once with a 'bff' because I only wanted to believe in the good in them. I'm a little more guarded now but i'm still leaning more towards seeing the good and i'd rather stay that way even if it gets me hurt sometimes, I think i'd get really depressed if I guarded myself too much. I'd rather be positive and get hurt sometimes than just see negativity. So i'm curious as to how other people think about this?
 
Joined
15 August 2019
Messages
246
Reactions Received
866
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Prefers to look for mainly the good in people, even though you risk befriending people who maybe aren't good for you, because you don't want to see that side of them and try your best to ignore it so you can focus on the good things?
yes
 

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
I guess I'm both? I think it's fine to look for the good in people, but it's important to not let it hide the fact that people can have bad qualities, too. Sometimes we get caught up with how "good" we think someone is and we end up ignoring their bad qualities, therefore we risk having a toxic relationship with them.
 

NASA

3ᑢ273⁷
.
.
Joined
2 July 2019
Messages
4,814
Reactions Received
19,142
Location
3ᑢ 273⁷
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,000
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Ship
lol that's cute
if we are talking about that sort of thing then I guess more open

I veiwed the question differently initially so I said guarded, but I guess maybe looking at I like this maybe I should change my answer
I tried to simplify the question as much as possible but it can still be viewed differently ig, but most of the reason why I made the thread in the first place was to see how other people think about this topic so i'm not disappointed :sanapray:
 

dooh

Jensetter <3 Jennie
.
Joined
14 November 2018
Messages
2,778
Reactions Received
11,243
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
irl mostly

Prefers to see mainly the bad in people, guarding yourself from the people who aren't good for you, even though it will cause issues with making friends, as well as maybe negatively effecting the existing friendships if you have trouble trusting their good intentions at face value?
 
Joined
7 November 2019
Messages
898
Reactions Received
2,608
Location
Atlanta
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Prefers to look for mainly the good in people, even though you risk befriending people who maybe aren't good for you, because you don't want to see that side of them and try your best to ignore it so you can focus on the good things?
that me but if you mess around with me.

You know what i mean.​
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I usually see mostly the good in people. Ot takes alot for me to start to see the bad in someone
 
  • Like
Reactions: NASA and Willow
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
I usually see mostly the good in people. Ot takes alot for me to start to see the bad in someone
SAME :queen: goyo is my role model :pepeheart:
 
  • Love
  • Like
Reactions: NASA and yeji

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
  • Love
  • Like
Reactions: NASA and Willow
D

Deleted member 74

I used to be the kind of person who saw the good in people no matter what. Now, if the bad in a person is too much, we naturally end up drifting apart or disagreements happen. Even if I see the good in a person or know a person is good, I'll still create some kind of gap between us because getting close to people is a waste of time on their part and my part. I always hurt the good people in my life, even if I don't intend to, much to my frustration. It probably says a lot about me :')
 

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,057
Reactions Received
52,509
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,062
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
I often see the good in people, but years ago I went down a dark path and befriended all these terrible people, just to have someone to talk to. It was poor decision making from me and yeah never again. I am not so gullible now to believe anyone who says they are nice, but aren't so.
 
Joined
4 November 2019
Messages
345
Reactions Received
924
Location
The diamond life
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I mainly see the good in people which has got me in a lot of bad places and have been used countless times. I've forgiven people way too easily and got myself hurt again.

I have managed to cut a few people off because they were effecting my mental health too much.
 
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: NASA and jasque

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread