The fact that that can e used as a threat also feels messed up to me (not saying your mom is bad, just that that type of a culture is eh. Threats are bad enough when small but if it’s a threat for something with major life long consequences like that yeah idk)
But yeah it’s bad

it would look bad to the rest of the family so she wouldn’t ever do it tho, doing bad in school or dropping out and getting a ged instead or smth you can hide, getting married at 16 you can’t
There’s a bunch of things she really did well or does well and I think is supportive and all but a bunch of things I think aren’t and it’s not mutually exclusive
not sure abt the relevance but once when I said I wished I could be as hardworking as her, like I was tryna compliment her she said “at least you’re cute”
she has genuinely been supportive and helpful lately so it’s not really an all or nothing thing
My parents are weird with threats like my dad when I would do smth he didn’t like as a little kid (like single digits) he would “disown” me and say I’m not your dad anymore, walk away, and not talk to me for about a day
but yeah my dad doesn’t like it cuz it’s like looking down on my grandma, but that is legitimately the reason she got married at 16. She dropped out of high school so her parents made her get married at that time since she wasn’t going to/didnt want to continue her education(my grandpa was like 30)