COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

be honest..do y’all like online concerts? (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
ya mama
i think online concerts are boring smh the thought of paying 50+ doll hairs to sit at home and stare at a screen is depressing

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
💡 Lightbulb
Ship
Yeah lol I don't like them very much either. I feel like the main reason to go to a concert is for the atmosphere and when you're sitting at home looking at a screen, none of that really comes through. You might as well just watch their mvs or other free recorded live performances.

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi-king
Ship
Unless they are free, I'm not gonna pay for something I can 99% of the time watch later when someone tapes it or never watch it cause I don't watch every single performance ever.

Live concerts are fine cause you get to see them in person and maybe even somehow interact and show to them how many loving fans they have and such...

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi ♡
i don't pay for them so yes :sanapray:

Yolks

✦ Hwang Hyunjin ✦
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Nope, I don't see the point of paying a ton of money to sit in front of a screen and essentially just watch a video. It's just like watching a youtube video for free, and I barely even watch live performances anyways. I'm all in for supporting artists and I do buy a lot of stuff from my favorite groups anyways, but online concerts are just not it ... :wimwim:

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
If I’m honest it’s definitely not the most amazing thing because it’s just not the same, but if I said I’ve never paid for online concerts I’d be lying... I love Ateez okay :maheart: and with one I also got some cute photo cards of the guys so I felt like that one was 100% worth it:sakUwu:

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
Honestly MOST of the online concerts in kpop have been plain bad.
They've basically been music show performances stringed together and not the usual concert where you get out of the norm choreos, remixes, fancy stages etc

The only one I've seen that did a really good job was Seventeen! I've seen a few amazing ones in jpop too.

PWSwan

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Psycho
Pronouns
She/her
Yes, if they're trying to replicate a standard concert.

No, if they're doing a completely different concert concept because of the inherent difference between watching a concert in person and watching one at home.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
EXO-L
Pronouns
She/Her
Never been to an offline concert :wimwim:

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I don't mind them but if I could rather watch an old live concert stage where they're performing for a sold out crowd, I'd def prefer that over a live online concert.
No amount of VR can match a live audience, even when you're just watching through a screen. It's why I prefer stuff like this:

Online concerts are cool, but it's just a glammed up music show stage in all aspects lol.

dnb

Supporting Table Unnie
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Reveluv, Sone
Not really, though I enjoyed the recent SMTOWN New Year's Eve concert.

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
That's just a bad online concert imo
Yeah but even the best is just good up to a point for me lol, I'd rather watch a compilation of like MAMA stages or concert DVDs where there's actual crowd interaction.

Reactions Received
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
It depends, the SMTown was too fractured n tho free i only watched the gg stages. Those i enjoyed.

The other ones i liked mostly involved Oh My Girl, except i dint watch the paid OMG or BP. So idk, others iv not been as interested in. Mostly like the free OMG festival/uni online concerts/performances. Others are kinda up n down for me, like some-others werre meh or dint watch.

Yachii

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Hackers
It's difficult to say. There's the matter of the whole point of concerts being to see the artists presently perform along with many other people. Seeing a screen is not really seeing them, but a representation of them in pixels on a relatively small screen. There is also the matter of those concerts being so far away that traveling there would cost much more than the ticket price. And there is also the matter of contributing to the artists success by paying for a ticket. Generally speaking, taking everything into account, I think it's worth it if you have the money to spend.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread