News Big Hit expands scale, plans for new girl group (4 Viewers)

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
Big Hit expands scale, plans for new Kpop idols and girl group



Ahead of the formation of a new girl group and K-pop idols, Big Hit Entertainment (co-CEOs: Bang Shi Hyuk, Yoon Suk Joon; hereinafter Big Hit) started to reform the team.

On July 2, Big Hit informed the plan on moving the headquarter from Daechi Ward, Gangnam District to Hangang Boulevard, Yongsan District, Seoul in May 2020.

The company's new headquarters will be moved to a building that has just begun its construction (the current building is Yongsan Trade Center) and is expected to finish at the end of this year. Big Hit and its related companies will lease the entire from the 7th floors beneath the ground to the 19th floor above the ground.

Previously, on July 1, Big Hit made an official announcement about the joining of Min Hee Jin - the former creative director of SM Entertainment - in the role of a chief brand officer (hereinafter CBO).



The perspective of Big Hit Entertainment's new building.

CBO Min Hee Jin will manage the brand of Big Hit - the company that is in the process of developing the brand and reorganizing its structure based on the business area - and all companies related to Big Hit. In addition to expanding its profile through a multi-label enterprise structure, Min Hee Jin will be also in charge of establishing an enterprise's identity through branding in the process of reforming the entire company.

In addition, she also plans to direct the launch of the new girl group as well as take charge of the creative orientation for many labels, except for Big Hit's label.

Min Hee Jin - the newly appointed CBO - is currently evaluated as a pioneer who has put the keywords "visual directing" and "concept" on the surface of the entertainment industry, re-establishing and developing values, thereby changing the flow of the market.



The current staff scale of the company Big Hit - founded by producer Bang Shi Hyuk in 2005 - is 250 employees. The analysis of the stock market shows that Big Hit's enterprise value in July 2019 has reached 1,280 ~ 2,280 billion won.

In March, Big Hit founded Belif Lab, the joint venture company with CJ ENM with the investment capital of up to 7 billion won. With a 48% stake, Big Hit is training a K-pop idol group scheduled to debut in 2020

Credit Source:

Sports Seoul = Reporter Lee Ji Suk [email protected]

Source: Allkpop



​
 
Last edited:

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
can someone explain it to me as short :sanapray:
I'll reduce the article down so it's easier.

Basically, BigHit are moving to a bigger place and they've recruited a former SM board member who is very influential and is planning a new gg.
 

Myco

Ace of Hearts
.
.
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
33,247
Reactions Received
81,309
Location
Beat Interactive
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,036
Fandom
Choice
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
I like that they are expanding more, definitely a good idea (for entering the big3 as well, since it's not only about sales but general management of multiple groups at the same time etc.) , especially introducing GGs again. I just hope this time it works out for them and that they won't launch the GG through a survival show or any of that kind
 

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
I like that they are expanding more, definitely a good idea (for entering the big3 as well, since it's not only about sales but general management of multiple groups at the same time etc.) , especially introducing GGs again. I just hope this time it works out for them and that they won't launch the GG through a survival show or any of that kind
IDK... a survival show might be quicker since we know that they don't have any female trainees but if this is just their long term plan and they are planning on recruiting and training the members themselves then they probably won't bother.
 

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
same
I am into ggs more tbh
so I am always excited for a ngg :pandalove: :pandalove:
I love ggs as well so I'm so happy that they've finally lifted the ban on having girlgroups after their previous scandal. I can't wait! :pandalove:
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,353
Reactions Received
27,110
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
528
Fandom
MY
Gender
Other
Oh, this would be great news if they did launch a new GG. I thought they were never going to recruit anymore GG's after that incident that happened.
I hope it would work out for them and just imagine how big they would become! BTS and TXT's sister group!
 
Joined
27 May 2019
Messages
366
Reactions Received
489
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
It is kinda dangerous, this: "In March, Big Hit founded Belif Lab, the joint venture company with CJ ENM ". That it will be joint venture.
(But it is probably about new Boy Group)
And new Girl Group by Big Hit - you know, how big it can be.
 
Last edited:
Joined
2 January 2019
Messages
1,295
Reactions Received
3,701
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
YESSS!!!

Honestly I hope it's some new rendition of girl crush and it's more mature like a Mamamoo or -post 2011 2NE1 esque group. I know it's difficult to debut older idols but I would say have them be around 19-21.

Guys I'm so excited! Depending on the concept and music I might stan, not to mention Soshi and F(X) had amazing creative direction. Even a Punk pop or 2011, 2014, Phantasia eras Girls Generation inspired group would be amazing.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread