Blackpink's Rosé Before vs After (1 Viewer)

Joined
21 November 2018
Messages
5,047
Reactions Received
18,455
Location
ARMY Base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8
Ship
I really love her voice, but sometimes I feel like she force that "unique whiny" voice. (I find that oher idols do that sometimes as well, I noticed it with bts Jimin too)
but back to Rosé, I read somewhere thats its a YG artist style (?). I can't find where sadly, sorry.




This video explain "unique singing" very well (without bashing) I like Ahmin, he is always stating facts. Rosé's part starts at 15 mins.
If someone wanna read about other idols:

K-pop Vocalists' Vocal Analyses

Its a great page! Sadly they don't make new ones anymore. :pandasad:
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
people have been talking about it since debut.

I do believe it‘s true
 
  • Like
Reactions: Yoohyeon
Joined
14 July 2019
Messages
2,532
Reactions Received
8,405
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I really love her voice, but sometimes I feel like she force that "unique whiny" voice. (I find that oher idols do that sometimes as well, I noticed it with bts Jimin too)
but back to Rosé, I read somewhere thats its a YG artist style (?). I can't find where sadly, sorry.




This video explain "unique singing" very well (without bashing) I like Ahmin, he is always stating facts. Rosé's part starts at 15 mins.
If someone wanna read about other idols:

K-pop Vocalists' Vocal Analyses

Its a great page! Sadly they don't make new ones anymore. :pandasad:
This is a shame because she is extremely talented and I feel like it would be hard for her to get out of the YG 'style' of singing if she keeps it up like the guy in the video you posted said.
I love her voice too but I also agree with everything you said.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Soleski

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I'm bit mixed on these cause for pop singer having unique voice- or style of singing- is really important. Singing is tons of different things, and as pop artist most important is to figure out how you stand out in a positive way. So i don't get when plp look down it and popular styles of singing like breathy voice, like most important things are standing out and sounding good right not technique. However i think that Rose sometimes struggles to sing with the style she does, i'm not actually sure if she does struggle right now but when Blackpink debuted i think she had hard time sometimes to get the sound out properly. Even now compared to her part in GD's song (though to be fair that's only small part so who knows) her voice does sound less stable. Park Bom has similar issues, her singing does sounds often heavy and forceful. So if you lean on too much on unique style of singing it can be bad for your singing and can be hard to easy up?
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Yoohyeon
Joined
21 November 2018
Messages
5,047
Reactions Received
18,455
Location
ARMY Base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8
Ship
This is a shame because she is extremely talented and I feel like it would be hard for her to get out of the YG 'style' of singing if she keeps it up like the guy in the video you posted said.
I love her voice too but I also agree with everything you said.
Yep, she has great potential, most kpop vocalist actually struggles because of the lack of vocal training or forced style. Not like I am an expert or care about these things, I tend to like technically weaker vocalists (in music the song matters for me, if I like the song or their voices, I couldn't care less if they are not the best technically)
I hope when we get her solo, she can show her best :pandalove: (if we ever get that)
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Yoohyeon

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Nasally, R&B tones/shouty are consistent with YG style the same way that breathiness is a taught style with JYP vocalists. Both sound good but aren't so great for the vocal cords.

I honestly don't think Rosé can completely stop at this point since it seems to have started integrating into her normal tone. It doesn't mean she can't improve as a vocalist but Oldsé is probably Deadsé. I don't think we'll ever be hearing from her again

Personally, I prefer her current tone to her original and normal voice. It has a lot more color to it. The original was kinda boring tbh
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Yoohyeon

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread