Book Wrap-Up 2022: March (1 Viewer)

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I have read 7 books this month.
1 book was a re-read.
I also once again acquired a stupid amount of books.
I acquired 10 books this month.

Books I read (7):

Gilded
[1st in series]: 4.5 Stars
The Couple Next Door [Standalone+Book Club Pick]: 3.5 Stars
Take A Hint, Dani Brown [2nd in a series+ Audiobook]: 3.5 Stars
Cress [3rd in a series+Re-read]: 5 Stars
The Forest of Stolen Girls [Standalone+Audiobook]: 3 Stars
The Phlebotomist [Standalone]: 3 Stars
Where The Drowned Girls Go [7th in a series+Audiobook]: 3 Stars

2 Books were Sci-fi [Average 4 Stars]
2 Books were Fantasy [Average 3.75 Stars]
2 Books were Thriller/Mysteries [Average 3.25 Stars]
1 Book was Romance [Average 3.5 Stars]

Monthly Average Rating: 3.6 Stars

Books I Acquired (10):

Take a Hint, Dani brown
[2nd in series+Audiobook+Library]
Cursed [Finale+Pre-order+Free shipping]
The Forest of Stolen Girls [Standalone+Audiobook+Library]
Where The Drowned Girls Go [7th in Series+Audiobook+Library]
I'm The Girl [Standalone+Pre-order+Free Shipping]
The Weight of Blood [Standalone+Pre-order+Free Shipping]
You've Reached Sam [Standalone+Cash Gift]
Redemptor [Finale+Cash Gift]
Blood Scion [1st in series+Cash Gift]
To Tell You The Truth [Standalone+Book Club Pick+Cash Gift]

4 Books were Fantasy
3 Books were Thriller/Mysteries
1 Book was Romance
1 Book was Horror
1 Book was Contemporary

Previous:

January
February

THis month was SUPREMELY average for me reading-wise. Barely any of the books stood out to me D:

How'd your reading go this month?
What was your favorite book?
Your least favorite?
Any questions about the books I got or read?

TOTAL BOOKS READ: 21

@Magician @RandAlThor @Tickita @Jimimis @Tsukino @blossoms @dimpledsoobin
(If you do not want to be tagged just let me know!)​
 

Boyo

𝒮𝒽𝒶𝓇𝓅
.
.
Joined
24 October 2018
Messages
55,457
Reactions Received
41,083
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
240,462
Fandom
Mingyutized
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Gilded, The Forest of Stolen Girls and Where The Drowned Girls Go look interesting. :mgblush:
I like fantasy/historical/mythological/mystery/crime books.
Right now I'm reading a book by a Hungarian author about a daughter of a samurai.
My next book will be Madeline Miller's Circe.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Gilded, The Forest of Stolen Girls and Where The Drowned Girls Go look interesting. :mgblush:
I like fantasy/historical/mythological/mystery/crime books.
Right now I'm reading a book by a Hungarian author about a daughter of a samurai.
My next book will be Madeline Miller's Circe.
You'll have to tell me how Circe goes I've heard mixed things about it!

Gilded was fantastic. Unfortunately, the other two books were just ok. (I'm mainly reading the Wayward Children series so when it becomes a TV show I can compare!)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Boyo

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
very nice.
Sadly i read very very little this month amid all the chaos around the house.
Just one book finished.
although i did read all the released pages of the 4 secret project books.
How is the house coming along btw?
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,695
Reactions Received
93,500
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
189,392
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
How is the house coming along btw?
i finally got to the point this week, where a toilet could be installed !! so i have rejoined the first world :)
DSC00827.JPG
DSC00826.JPG


so far none of the rooms are done but ill take baby steps.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Boyo

𝒮𝒽𝒶𝓇𝓅
.
.
Joined
24 October 2018
Messages
55,457
Reactions Received
41,083
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
240,462
Fandom
Mingyutized
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
You'll have to tell me how Circe goes I've heard mixed things about it!

Gilded was fantastic. Unfortunately, the other two books were just ok. (I'm mainly reading the Wayward Children series so when it becomes a TV show I can compare!)
Sure, I will.
Hmm, okay, I will check only Gilded then.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Sure, I will.
Hmm, okay, I will check only Gilded then.
You can still give them a shot-I don't know how our tastes align book-wise so you may like them.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Boyo

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,134
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,488
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Hopefully you’ll have a better reading month this month.
I feel like for me I read some solid books, a few were definitely meh like Wilder Girls but I read a few other books that were 4 stars (The Girl Who Drank the Moon, The Four Winds & The Southern Book Clubs Guide to Slaying Vampires). :pikahappy:
Could you possibly add me to the tag list as well? :sanapray:
 
  • Love
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Hopefully you’ll have a better reading month this month.
I feel like for me I read some solid books, a few were definitely meh like Wilder Girls but I read a few other books that were 4 stars (The Girl Who Drank the Moon, The Four Winds & The Southern Book Clubs Guide to Slaying Vampires). :pikahappy:
Could you possibly add me to the tag list as well? :sanapray:
GLADLY!

Also, I'm sad to hear you weren't the biggest fan of Wilder Girls. Though I think the ending puts a lot of people off of the book! But glad you had an otherwise good reading month. Was the Grady Hendrix book scary at all?
 
  • Love
Reactions: Wingfrost

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,134
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,488
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
GLADLY!

Also, I'm sad to hear you weren't the biggest fan of Wilder Girls. Though I think the ending puts a lot of people off of the book! But glad you had an otherwise good reading month. Was the Grady Hendrix book scary at all?
I’m a very big chicken and was listening to the audiobook at night so I would say it had few creepy moments. It was more gore than scary though.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I’m a very big chicken and was listening to the audiobook at night so I would say it had few creepy moments. It was more gore than scary though.
OH GOSH GORE
:jisoosmh:
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Wingfrost

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I’m assuming you’re not a fan of it? :lisalaugh:
Its funny because I liked Wilder Girls for the most part and that was pretty...that was body horror with some gore.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Wingfrost

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,134
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,488
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Its funny because I liked Wilder Girls for the most part and that was pretty...that was body horror with some gore.
Oh true, Hmm you might not mind it then but I would go into it with caution maybe. :sanapray: The level of gore sort of reminded me of Mexican Gothic so if you’ve read that then you may be fine with this.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Oh true, Hmm you might not mind it then but I would go into it with caution maybe. :sanapray: The level of gore sort of reminded me of Mexican Gothic so if you’ve read that then you may be fine with this.
omfg I haven't read Mexican Gothic but considering that I loved The Beautiful Ones I really want to read more by her.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Wingfrost

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,134
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,488
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
omfg I haven't read Mexican Gothic but considering that I loved The Beautiful Ones I really want to read more by her.
It’s really great, completely atmospheric and always has you on your toes. :pandaamazed:
 
  • Love
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread