Bookish Update! April 2021! (1 Viewer)

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
So I fell into an awful reading slump and only managed to finish 2 books this month.
I mean it was truly horrible.
The entire month I was trying to finish one book...and I never finished that one book.

I finished Godsgrave by Jay Kristoff on the first day of April.
Then spent the rest of April trying to finish Instant Karma by Marissa Meyer (I still haven't finished it).
I picked up the third volume of Tokyo Ghoul-I'm still reading that-and then I started The Boys Issue 1.
But in all reality I only finished:
Godsgrave by Jay Kristoff-4 Stars
Before I Got To Sleep by S.J.Watson-4 Stars

It was a rough reading month for me but the books I did finish I enjoyed a lot.
So feel free to ask me questions about the books I'm currently reading (they are mentioned above)
or about the books I finished.

Sorry, this one isn't as detailed as previous ones but it's hard when I only read two books.
Stats for two books is going to be 50% for each category.
:haylul: :haylul: :haylul:
​
 
Joined
19 November 2018
Messages
4,371
Reactions Received
11,118
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
330
Fandom
ReVeluv
Gender
Female
Had to google Instant Karma, lol. What's making it so hard to read? Is it boring? Plot sounds like it would make a quirky drama xD

How are you liking Tokyo Ghoul? I need to pick it up, smh.
Do you buy your manga or have a sub somewhere?

I need to get back into reading more myself, especially reading things in plain old ink and paper books rather than online. I'll look forward to any recommendation threads you have in the future~
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Had to google Instant Karma, lol. What's making it so hard to read? Is it boring? Plot sounds like it would make a quirky drama xD

How are you liking Tokyo Ghoul? I need to pick it up, smh.
Do you buy your manga or have a sub somewhere?

I need to get back into reading more myself, especially reading things in plain old ink and paper books rather than online. I'll look forward to any recommendation threads you have in the future~
Honestly, the book is good-I will say it does feel at times like Meyers tried shoving too much plot into it at times? But overall it's actually enjoyable and last night when I was reading it I was laughing my ass off and giggling like a little gal. I like the book-it isn't her best work but what's holding me back is while it's good I'm also not sucked into it as strongly as I have been with her previous books (she's an auto-buy author for me). So I've been busier than normal and as a result when I have free time I don't jump to pick it up.

I love Tokyo Ghoul-my BF actually recommended it after he realized how much I love zombie movies and apocalypse books. It's really enjoyable. Also, this is my Manga collection so far (I'm not including the one I have by Meyer's since it's a comic I think or a graphic novel, not manga???)

0.jpg

I've bought all of these physically except for the 2nd volume of Tokyo Ghoul-I believe I ordered that online. As for Volume 3? I borrowed it digitally from my library and just finished it today. It's probably my least favorite of the series so far-but that's because it felt like a filler in a sense and as a result, I think the next books will be wild.

Do you know what you like book-wise? (I love reading but I always get nervous to post rec threads because I still feel like I haven't read enough to rec things?)
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,743
Reactions Received
93,541
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
190,092
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
And i had a big month. cant remember em all but the last week of April.
tried the jack reacher lee childs set with the first book killing floor -- not going to read the rest.

dragonwatch 4 titan something brandon mull :) i like it .
Alloy of Law brandon Sanderson re read
Far world j scott savage was ok ill read the next book.. found this at good will so it may be awhile.

brief cases jim butcher

re started the wheel of time most of the way thru the Eye of the World.

and some thing e else...


early may read legend Marie Lu will read teh next one.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
And i had a big month. cant remember em all but the last week of April.
tried the jack reacher lee childs set with the first book killing floor -- not going to read the rest.

dragonwatch 4 titan something brandon mull :) i like it .
Alloy of Law brandon Sanderson re read
Far world j scott savage was ok ill read the next book.. found this at good will so it may be awhile.

brief cases jim butcher

re started the wheel of time most of the way thru the Eye of the World.

and some thing e else...


early may read legend Marie Lu will read teh next one.
You'll have to tell me how the Marie Lu series goes-I've heard mixed reviews of it. So I'm curious.
I'm glad you had a good reading month though I sadly cannot say the same.
:haylul: :haylul:
 
  • Like
Reactions: RandAlThor
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,743
Reactions Received
93,541
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
190,092
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
You'll have to tell me how the Marie Lu series goes-I've heard mixed reviews of it. So I'm curious.
I'm glad you had a good reading month though I sadly cannot say the same.
:haylul: :haylul:
so far its split first person ie from 2 different toons a chapter per. So i can se if non first person are not a fan
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
so far its split first person ie from 2 different toons a chapter per. So i can se if non first person are not a fan
I don't mind different POV's to be honest I don't have much of a preference for the perspective.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,743
Reactions Received
93,541
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
190,092
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I don't mind different POV's to be honest I don't have much of a preference for the perspective.
it depends first person is what killed the jack reacher stuff i just did not like being in his head.
 
  • Wow
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
it depends first person is what killed the jack reacher stuff i just did not like being in his head.
Oh ok I can get that then-I guess the character you are following does affect your enjoyment of the series.
 
  • Like
Reactions: RandAlThor

Magician

girl in the bubble ☆
.
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
29,345
Reactions Received
36,273
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
66,410
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I feel you, I haven't read many books in April as well.
But there are many great books coming out this months, so I will hopefully read more.

And I also bought Realm Breaker today! :pepeheart:
 
  • Love
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I feel you, I haven't read many books in April as well.
But there are many great books coming out this months, so I will hopefully read more.

And I also bought Realm Breaker today! :pepeheart:
Realmbreaker is on it's way to my house-I pre-ordered it because I'm a fucking nerd! I'M SO PUMPED...but I have to hold off on reading it for now.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Magician
Joined
19 November 2018
Messages
4,371
Reactions Received
11,118
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
330
Fandom
ReVeluv
Gender
Female
Do you know what you like book-wise? (I love reading but I always get nervous to post rec threads because I still feel like I haven't read enough to rec things?)
I tend to go for mystery/thriller-type fiction for the most part with a sprinkling of the supernatural and crime here and there.

I can sometimes be persuaded into the romance realm, but I rarely read stories in which romance is the main genre.

But really, if you ever decide to rec, feel free to tag me! :3c
I understand, though.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I tend to go for mystery/thriller-type fiction for the most part with a sprinkling of the supernatural and crime here and there.

I can sometimes be persuaded into the romance realm, but I rarely read stories in which romance is the main genre.

But really, if you ever decide to rec, feel free to tag me! :3c
I understand, though.
Oh I read a decent amount of thrillers but my main go-to is Fantasy. What books have you read specifically that you liked?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread