Bootleg f(x) MV/Live Stage dvd review (1 Viewer)

Drew_B

.
Joined
2 March 2019
Messages
5,950
Reactions Received
15,071
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,849
Fandom
MeU
Gender
Male
Going down the rabbit hole of ebay I came across a Chinese seller who made and sold bootleg dvds of popular kpop groups music videos and live performances.

Being old and still a big fan of physical media I decided to go ahead and buy volume 1 of their f(x) collection.

Webp.net-resizeimage (8).jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage (9).jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage (10).jpg


Webp.net-resizeimage (11).jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage (12).jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage (13).jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage (14).jpg


I actually love everything about this dvd. The box art. The menus. The disk itself.

Except theres one GIGANTIC problem.

The sound is so loud that its basically impossible to listen to. It's hard to explain but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. Like when you download a file but fir some reason you choose the wrong frequency or whatever and you go to listen to it but it makes your speakers sound like they are blown despite being on volume 3.

That's the only negative I have but it's a big negative. The only use I will have for this is if I want some f(x) playing in the background on mute while I'm listening to something else on another device lol.

I'm not returning it though. It's still a cool thing to add to my collection. And no I don't feel bad for SM not getting their cut from this dvd sale. I don't like SM anymore so he can kiss my white ass.

@MeU @Girl Group there are a bunch of other groups they have these dvds for if anyone is interested.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,606
Reactions Received
93,426
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
187,178
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Going down the rabbit hole of ebay I came across a Chinese seller who made and sold bootleg dvds of popular kpop groups music videos and live performances.

Being old and still a big fan of physical media I decided to go ahead and buy volume 1 of their f(x) collection.

Webp.net-resizeimage (8).jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage (9).jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage (10).jpg


Webp.net-resizeimage (11).jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage (12).jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage (13).jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage (14).jpg


I actually love everything about this dvd. The box art. The menus. The disk itself.

Except theres one GIGANTIC problem.

The sound is so loud that its basically impossible to listen to. It's hard to explain but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. Like when you download a file but fir some reason you choose the wrong frequency or whatever and you go to listen to it but it makes your speakers sound like they are blown despite being on volume 3.

That's the only negative I have but it's a big negative. The only use I will have for this is if I want some f(x) playing in the background on mute while I'm listening to something else on another device lol.

I'm not returning it though. It's still a cool thing to add to my collection. And no I don't feel bad for SM not getting their cut from this dvd sale. I don't like SM anymore so he can kiss my white ass.

@MeU @Girl Group there are a bunch of other groups they have these dvds for if anyone is interested.
YOu might be able to rip it to your computer and remix it?
Then burn a new dvd or bluray for playing and use that one for display.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and OnlyCalB

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
.
.
Joined
24 November 2018
Messages
52,131
Reactions Received
94,782
Location
Dreamworld
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
132,191
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
That's unfortunate for sure.

I'd also recommend ripping the DVD then mixing/turning the volume down yourself, if that is something you know how to do?
:sanapray:
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and RandAlThor

Drew_B

.
Joined
2 March 2019
Messages
5,950
Reactions Received
15,071
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,849
Fandom
MeU
Gender
Male
YOu might be able to rip it to your computer and remix it?
Then burn a new dvd or bluray for playing and use that one for display.
That's unfortunate for sure.

I'd also recommend ripping the DVD then mixing/turning the volume down yourself, if that is something you know how to do?
:sanapray:
Actually I was wrong about the audio. It's fine. The problem was i was watching the dvd on my PS3 and on this device i had the audio set up all the way to Max. I went and took it from +4 to normal and now it sounds fine. So basically the volume on the PS3 was turned up to high (which is separate from the tv volume).

Well now that that problem is solved I might go ahead and buy vol 2 of f(x). Which I think is nothing but more live stages since this volume already has all the official mvs.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I miss them so much
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread