Chart Brave Girls finally reach #1 on Melon (1 Viewer)

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
oh yeah i forgot about the risque part. didn't rollin' get banned back then because of one of the lyrics? but personally i love it so much. idk why but girl groups with sexy concepts always have some of the best songs.
It was a case of bad timing too, the sexy concept was really in from like 2013-14/15 with AOA, EXID, Girls' Day doing good. But 2016 onwards, Twice and GFriend brought back cute/innocent in popularity so Rollin' in 2017 didn't really take off like it should have.
Also the MV was rated 19+ so it limited visibility lol.

I'll always be grateful for the perviest dance practice ever released tho :rosesmug:

 

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
.
.
Joined
24 November 2018
Messages
52,131
Reactions Received
94,782
Location
Dreamworld
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
132,191
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
Congrats to them!

Hoping for a comeback really soon.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Darkseid
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,675
Reactions Received
13,340
Location
Idol Hell
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
It was a case of bad timing too, the sexy concept was really in from like 2013-14/15 with AOA, EXID, Girls' Day doing good. But 2016 onwards, Twice and GFriend brought back cute/innocent in popularity so Rollin' in 2017 didn't really take off like it should have.
Also the MV was rated 19+ so it limited visibility lol.

I'll always be grateful for the perviest dance practice ever released tho :rosesmug:

ah that's true, I guess it went out of fashion. but personally the sexy concept will always be timeless for me. I mean, who else was doing it like Hello Venus, Nine Muses, Brave Girls, EXID, dalshabet, After School, Girls Day, Sistar, etc. :sanapray:

ah i remember that back version dance practice :jenniesmug: I think they're the only group I've seen that have done one.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Darkseid

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
ah that's true, I guess it went out of fashion. but personally the sexy concept will always be timeless for me. I mean, who else was doing it like Hello Venus, Nine Muses, Brave Girls, EXID, dalshabet, After School, Girls Day, Sistar, etc. :sanapray:

ah i remember that back version dance practice :jenniesmug: I think they're the only group I've seen that have done one.
Oh yep Hello Venus and 9Muses yess, andd I love Dal Shabet too, actually all the groups you just named lol but these 3 never got the justice they deserved :sadcat:

I was listening to Wiggle Wiggle and Lime's rap verse is one of my favs lmao. "I know you looking at my apple hip" :rosesmug::haylul:
 
  • Sad
Reactions: NogaNono
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,675
Reactions Received
13,340
Location
Idol Hell
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Oh yep Hello Venus and 9Muses yess, andd I love Dal Shabet too, actually all the groups you just named lol but these 3 never got the justice they deserved :sadcat:

I was listening to Wiggle Wiggle and Lime's rap verse is one of my favs lmao. "I know you looking at my apple hip" :rosesmug::haylul:
too bad they're all disbanded now :umjicry: hopefully brave girls will get that justice they deserve though.

Yep I love Wiggle Wiggle, that song is so catchy, and also the choreo is iconic. I miss Hello Venus :( I still listen to Mysterious a lot these days.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Darkseid

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
too bad they're all disbanded now :umjicry: hopefully brave girls will get that justice they deserve though.

Yep I love Wiggle Wiggle, that song is so catchy, and also the choreo is iconic. I miss Hello Venus :( I still listen to Mysterious a lot these days.
Well atleast we know Brave Girls will promote Rollin' again lol, and appear on varieties and such, lets hope they get a cb too :sanapray:
Yess and I've been in a Dal Shabet mood, also coz I love Serri so much lol. I listen to B.B.B and Someone like U religiously :sanapray:
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,675
Reactions Received
13,340
Location
Idol Hell
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Well atleast we know Brave Girls will promote Rollin' again lol, and appear on varieties and such, lets hope they get a cb too :sanapray:
Yess and I've been in a Dal Shabet mood, also coz I love Serri so much lol. I listen to B.B.B and Someone like U religiously :sanapray:
Yeah that's pretty good. I would love another comeback from them :sanapray:

Yesss Dal Shabet :pandalove: I also love those songs and also Joker. But Someone Like U has to be one of my favorites by them for sure, it also has a good meaning. Damn I miss the second gen kpop sometimes. Though there's a lot of good groups nowadays too but I wish the sexy concept will make a comeback someday.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Darkseid

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Yeah that's pretty good. I would love another comeback from them :sanapray:

Yesss Dal Shabet :pandalove: I also love those songs and also Joker. But Someone Like U has to be one of my favorites by them for sure, it also has a good meaning. Damn I miss the second gen kpop sometimes. Though there's a lot of good groups nowadays too but I wish the sexy concept will make a comeback someday.
Yeah I love Someone like U, so good and a lot of repeat value :sanapray:
Agreed lol, I think one reason could be that idols are so young these days. And even when you get mature concepts, it's mostly just the same ol' girl crush with hard drops and loud instrumentals instead of memorable choruses.
I think Everglow's La Di Da, while not "sexy" was still mature and really good last year.

And Sunmi's recent cb is def on the sexier side :sanapray:

 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,675
Reactions Received
13,340
Location
Idol Hell
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Yeah I love Someone like U, so good and a lot of repeat value :sanapray:
Agreed lol, I think one reason could be that idols are so young these days. And even when you get mature concepts, it's mostly just the same ol' girl crush with hard drops and loud instrumentals instead of memorable choruses.
I think Everglow's La Di Da, while not "sexy" was still mature and really good last year.

And Sunmi's recent cb is def on the sexier side :sanapray:

True. I mean I definitely wouldn't be comfortable with sexualization of minors or in general just anyone who wasn't comfortable with it. I remember how a member of Stellar wrote about how her agency forced them into a sexy concept and how uncomfortable they felt. Really unfortunate that these things happen, so maybe it's for the best that there's not that many sexy girl groups.

Yeah, I liked La Di Da, it was a good song, probably my favorites of Everglow's. I lost a bit of interest in them since their debut but that comeback was actually really good, and it definitely had a really powerful vibe.

Oh I actually haven't checked out her comeback yet. I've been meaning to listen to it, since she's one of my favorite solo artists and pporapipam was one of my favorite songs of 2020.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darkseid

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread