COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

News [BREAKING] Yong Junhyung withdraws from Highlight, admits to knowledge of JJY videos (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
ReVeluv
This is just sad. And ridiculous. But mostly maddening.

Quicksand. Cesspit. This is gonna drag a lot of people down, and while I do find it sad and feel sorry for the fans, it's necessary. I'm of the firm belief that bystanders who see something happening but choose not to act bear some culpability.

taemkitten

누난 너무 예뻐
Reactions Received
KS Coins

I just keep replying to so many updates with Taemin gifs because I literally don't even know how to respond anymore to all of this.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
now that idols i have actually liked or been fans of are being exposed i'm gaining a whole new level of pissed

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
oml... if he knew about it, then who else did...

And the biggest question on my mind right now: Why did all these male idols think these videos weren't a big deal? Not just this guy, literally everyone involved in this scandal thought it was okay?

Edit:

taemkitten

누난 너무 예뻐
Reactions Received
KS Coins
now that idols i have actually liked or been fans of are being exposed i'm gaining a whole new level of pissed
I feel for you. I hope the most that those I like and/or am a fan of aren't part of this - but if they are, they better be exposed.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
she/her
Indeed, yikes. More and more people are being associated with the case, pretty sure he won't be the last one. Who knows how many people knew about the videos, but just didn't want to or were too afraid to report them?

But in all honesty, I feel so bad for their group members that had nothing to do with any of this. All of their livelihoods are being affected by nasty individuals. And people will definitely drag the whole groups down because of them.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I feel for you. I hope the most that those I like and/or am a fan of aren't part of this - but if they are, they better be exposed.
I really don't know how i'll take it if an idol I stan is apart of it. I was a fan of JJY's music and had liked him and same with Junhyung i watched him in monstar and everything but i've never stanned either.

it already feels gross having liked people like them but it'll be a whole other thing to have spent money and idolized the people

taemkitten

누난 너무 예뻐
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Things like this make me just....I get damage control, I get trying to save face, and I get he didn't participate actively in it, however, clearly he should have said something and didn't and clearly he knew that it would eventually come out after today's investigations that are being done with JJY, Seungri, and Yong. I'm just. Don't lie to people. If you know you're involved but are trying to not be bastardized in the process of figuring your next steps out, at least find a way to indirectly keep it on pause until you can form proper responses for your actions (or in this case, truly, lack thereof).

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
💡 Lightbulb
Ship
What the fuck am I even supposed to feel right now

taemkitten

누난 너무 예뻐
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Indeed, yikes. More and more people are being associated with the case, pretty sure he won't be the last one. Who knows how many people knew about the videos, but just didn't want to or were too afraid to report them?

But in all honesty, I feel so bad for their group members that had nothing to do with any of this. All of their livelihoods are being affected by nasty individuals. And people will definitely drag the whole groups down because of them.
I hope those that were too afraid do some serious reflecting. I can actually understand a tiny bit if there were people that saw the chats and didn't report out of fear for their careers, livelihoods, reputation, family reputation, even safety in some cases (considering how there were apparently police in these same chats - so even trying to report it might have been something said people didn't think would get them anywhere). BUT at the same time, it's hard to not judge the moral standing of these same people, regardless of the aforementioned. It's just a shit show all around, truthfully.

And yeah...I just...all of the victims aside (the girls on the videos/those being sexually assaulted and raped etc), the victims that now will become of the other members of these Kpop groups because of one slime being in the same group (of which the groups were formed by the companies, it's not even like it's a group that started out as friends and came together to create a music group) is really tragic. It sucks.

I really don't know how i'll take it if an idol I stan is apart of it. I was a fan of JJY's music and had liked him and same with Junhyung i watched him in monstar and everything but i've never stanned either.

it already feels gross having liked people like them but it'll be a whole other thing to have spent money and idolized the people
Yeah, but you can't blame yourself either at the end of the day - you have to let it go and try to not feel gross about it. I used to love The Cosby Show, and then...well...we all know how the main star turned out through all these years.

But things like this are great reminders that we may love the persona that is being shown to us, but it really doesn't mean we know the person behind the mask, nor does it mean they are someone we would like outside of said persona presented. How were you or anyone to know (because clearly nobody really did outside of a few people ie that chat and possibly a few friends etc) what kind of a person any of these people being revealed were?

lexus

Pinkchella
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
I'm just wondering why he wouldn't say anything. I wonder which celebrity will be exposed next.

taemkitten

누난 너무 예뻐
Reactions Received
KS Coins
The thing is, it seems like the majority of those involved in the chats (thus far) are between the ages of 27 and 32, give or take. Most are 2nd gen era idols/individuals, and most have some sort of tie with Seungri and/or JJY.

So.....considering they both (especially Seungri) know a lot of people, God only knows what names will be revealed.
It's sickening, disheartening, and the entirety of it kind of has left me feeling numb and nervous as Hell. I selfishly don't want to see anyone I have been following for years now, caring about, spending hard-earned money on, participating in these disgusting, corrupt things - or at the very least knowing about them and not saying a damned word.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I hope those that were too afraid do some serious reflecting. I can actually understand a tiny bit if there were people that saw the chats and didn't report out of fear for their careers, livelihoods, reputation, family reputation, even safety in some cases (considering how there were apparently police in these same chats - so even trying to report it might have been something said people didn't think would get them anywhere). BUT at the same time, it's hard to not judge the moral standing of these same people, regardless of the aforementioned. It's just a shit show all around, truthfully.

And yeah...I just...all of the victims aside (the girls on the videos/those being sexually assaulted and raped etc), the victims that now will become of the other members of these Kpop groups because of one slime being in the same group (of which the groups were formed by the companies, it's not even like it's a group that started out as friends and came together to create a music group) is really tragic. It sucks.

Yeah, but you can't blame yourself either at the end of the day - you have to let it go and try to not feel gross about it. I used to love The Cosby Show, and then...well...we all know how the main star turned out through all these years.

But things like this are great reminders that we may love the persona that is being shown to us, but it really doesn't mean we know the person behind the mask, nor does it mean they are someone we would like outside of said persona presented. How were you or anyone to know (because clearly nobody really did outside of a few people ie that chat and possibly a few friends etc) what kind of a person any of these people being revealed were?

dude there is no excuse in the world that can justify him. i would rather lose everything and die than being a walking coward trash.

Last edited:
Reactions Received
KS Coins

That's true I think i'll still feel grossed out for a while though. I'm also trying to decide how to see groups music that have member who were apart of this. I believe that the art can't be separated from the person but like for groups I'm not sure how to view the art when it's multiple people.

I feel like i'm jumping ahead of myself on this but at the same time Ft island has been mentioned a lot and one member has already been found to be apart of this so i'm preparing for that storm when it comes

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread