Brie Larsons Controversy Was Explained To Me (1 Viewer)

Joined
19 November 2018
Messages
1,049
Reactions Received
4,251
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
V.I.P
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
This is it. And just ... sigh.

http://time.com/5312618/brie-larson-women-in-film/

"“I don’t need a 40-year-old white dude to tell me what didn’t work about A Wrinkle in Time,” Larson said. “It wasn’t made for him! I want to know what it meant to women of color, biracial women, to teen women of color.”

“Am I saying I hate white dudes? No, I am not. What I am saying is if you make a movie that is a love letter to women of color, there is an insanely low chance a woman of color will have a chance to see your movie, and review your movie.”


This ... this is what got a bunch of white guys panties all in a bunch. Sigh.
​
 

arieam

.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
1,232
Reactions Received
5,247
Location
Canada
Website
youtube.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
on one hand i don't like the way she said it. i get that you gotta be provocative to have anything heard but most people just have angry blinders on now and won't even consider the valid point she's making.

for people who preach ~facts don't care about your feelings~ they really are shit at controlling their emotions. so maybe they wouldn't even consider it at all even if she said it better.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,679
Reactions Received
93,488
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,868
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Maybe make a movie that is inclusive?
I read the book a few time as a child could care lees about any of that because the story was good.
I read many classics most of Louisa May Alcott's works, secret garden, P&P ect.
Tell your story in a compelling way.
OFC now days i very rarely go see a movie made about any book i actually liked.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread