Can We Even Fit GGs Into The Top 5 Anymore? (1 Viewer)

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
For at least two years now, we've had a "top 5 ggs" which comprised of
  1. TWICE
  2. BlackPink
  3. Red Velvet
  4. GFriend
  5. MAMAMOO

However, with acts like Gidle, IZONE and Itzy making such huge splashes in the market;
Do you think the top 5 is totally distorted right now? Is there even a "top 5" anymore?
I believe there's just a top 2 right now, which is TWICE and BP. The rest just seem highly interchangeable, depending on the comeback tbh. I wouldn't even know how to rank BP and TWICE anymore. Their positions are pretty interchangeable at this point too.

​
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I think that all the monster rookies will be the top5 of the new generation
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
I think these newer groups are going to fit into 4th gen more than 3rd gen, they kinda seem disconnected from most of 3rd gen to the time of their debut
I think that all the monster rookies will be the top5 of the new generation
So you guys think we are already in the new gen? Interesting...
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
So you guys think we are already in the new gen? Interesting...
not really? but the new groups surly will get even more popular. I think that the new generation will start next year. that’s
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
not really? but the new groups surly will get even more popular. I think that the new generation will start next year. that’s
Hmm Idek tbh. Figuring out the gens has always been challenging for me. I think that 3rd gen started in 2012. As for when it ends, who knows.
 

Discipline

Together, Just be joyful tonight.
.
Joined
29 October 2018
Messages
1,467
Reactions Received
6,252
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
So you guys think we are already in the new gen? Interesting...
I think that new gen started around last year, yeah. There is too much of a difference between 3rd gen groups and rookies from 2018+ imo for them to be classified under one category
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
I think that new gen started around last year, yeah. There is too much of a difference between 3rd gen groups and rookies from 2018+ imo for them to be classified under one category
Yeah I definitely agree with that
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Hmm Idek tbh. Figuring out the gens has always been challenging for me. I think that 3rd gen started in 2012. As for when it ends, who knows.
yeah same here. It‘s quite difficult to really say stuff like this.
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
yeah same here. It‘s quite difficult to really say stuff like this.
Tbh I think we as fans just decided it. Hopefully that one dude can come and tell us again so we can be sure lol.
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
I also think that we're in the start of the 4th gen already.

But I agree with OP, it's hard nowdays to have a top 5 GGs, so many groups succeeding.
I'm actually happy to see so many groups do well from debut. Even Cherry Bullet is managing to sell at least 10K copies which is pretty damn good for a non big 3 GG.
 

mirella

✧✦ soloist akgae ✦✧
.
Joined
9 November 2018
Messages
1,859
Reactions Received
13,182
Location
Pacifika
Website
www.last.fm
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L?
Gender
Female
Ship
Wreck
I think that new gen started around last year, yeah. There is too much of a difference between 3rd gen groups and rookies from 2018+ imo for them to be classified under one category
I agree with this, but what gen would you classify (G)I-DLE under?
 

mirella

✧✦ soloist akgae ✦✧
.
Joined
9 November 2018
Messages
1,859
Reactions Received
13,182
Location
Pacifika
Website
www.last.fm
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L?
Gender
Female
Ship
Wreck
They debuted in 2018, so 4th gen
Although they debuted in 2018, idk... they feel on the border for me. Reminds me of some 2011-2012 groups that are between two gens, but maybe that's just me.
 

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Although they debuted in 2018, idk... they feel on the border for me. Reminds me of some 2011-2012 groups that are between two gens, but maybe that's just me.
Yeah, they are kinda like AOA in that regard. I suppose that if we're saying 4th gen started last year then they're 4th gen but they feel kinda 3rd gen to me, kinda like how AOA feels very 2nd gen to me.
 

mirella

✧✦ soloist akgae ✦✧
.
Joined
9 November 2018
Messages
1,859
Reactions Received
13,182
Location
Pacifika
Website
www.last.fm
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L?
Gender
Female
Ship
Wreck
Yeah, they are kinda like AOA in that regard. I suppose that if we're saying 4th gen started last year then they're 4th gen but they feel kinda 3rd gen to me, kinda like how AOA feels very 2nd gen to me.
Maybe it's because Soyeon was already active in the industry before debuting with (G)I-DLE. It makes the group feel a bit 'older.'

Block B, AOA, and EXID seem very gen 2.5 to me.
 

Discipline

Together, Just be joyful tonight.
.
Joined
29 October 2018
Messages
1,467
Reactions Received
6,252
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
Although they debuted in 2018, idk... they feel on the border for me. Reminds me of some 2011-2012 groups that are between two gens, but maybe that's just me.
there will always be groups that dont feel right in their gen though, idk
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread