COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Card advantage and why as a collector you should never trade for free or more than card for card. (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
If any of you have ever played a deck building game you have some understanding of this.

Having the advantage of cards is huge and feeds on its self (one reason many of us do the quest every day.)

there are somewhere between 350 to 400 unique cards in game atm. (last time i exported the list was first batch)

lets say the top user has 100 unique cards
you have 80 at the start of today that would put you top 5 btw.

user 1 gets a super rare card. understandable. First off they are 25% more likely than you to draw a specific card and the list of cards they will pull from is smaller.

you want that card but the price is 3 good cards for that one card.. you get the rare and they get something. Important if one is in a hurry i guess.

but what does that do going forward.

now they have 102 cards you have 78 they are now 30% more likely to get a specific card than you.
That trade now made your odds 5% worse and if you need more rare cards this just feeds into its self.

if you are trying to collect more than just that card your life just got harder.

If you are like say eman who wants a few specific people that works for you.

And if you have an even bigger spread from those ofc you are further behind the eight ball.

Just commentary and learning.

although i am toying with going crazy...

something like trading some for 6 i do not have lets say i do that Yoona and Taeyeon 6-1 that is 10 net everyone else in completed sets 2-1 just to really test this out.

Last edited:
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
STARWOL
If any of you have ever played a deck building game you have some understanding of this.

Having the advantage of cards is huge and feeds on its self (one reason many of us do the quest every day.)

there are somewhere between 350 to 400 unique cards in game atm. (last time i exported the list was first batch)

lets say the top user has 100 unique cards
you have 80 at the start of today that would put you top 5 btw.

user 1 gets a super rare card. understandable. First off they are 25% more likely than you to draw a specific card and the list of cards they will pull from is smaller.

you want that card but the price is 3 good cards for that one card.. you get the rare and they get something. Important if one is in a hurry i guess.

but what does that do going forward.

now they have 102 cards you have 78 they are now 30% more likely to get a specific card than you.
That trade now made your odds 5% worse and if you need more rare cards this just feeds into its self.

if you are trying to collect more than just that card your life just got harder.

If you are like say eman who one wants a few specific people that works for you.

And if you have an even bigger spread from those ofc you are further behind the eight ball.

Just commentary and learning.

although i am toying with going crazy...

something like trading some for 6 i do not have lets say i do that Yoona and Taeyeon 6-1 that is 10 net everyone else in completed sets 2-1 just to really test this out.
omg i cannot follow this at all
i am out:llama_BLEED::wimwim::junweary:
but +1 for the effort :lisalaugh:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
multi BG
I admire your logic, but that takes out all the fun :)

ParksQueen301

Park boys are king
Reactions Received
Website
www.tumblr.com
KS Coins
Fandom
multi
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
omg i cannot follow this at all
i am out:llama_BLEED::wimwim::junweary:
but +1 for the effort :lisalaugh:
I guess you could say he was being RANDom! lol but seriously... English, please???

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
Reactions Received
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi <3
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I get what you mean completely, I don't know if this is a good t hing or a b ad thing for how much I get into this card game.

And I admire that you wouldn't trade more than one card for my Sooyoung, because one of the best things you have as a trader is that you're patient and you get the cards that you want that way. I myself often lack patience in the card game unless I literally force myself to go off the website :pandaamazed:

Not saying anything to anyone else who is willing to trade more than one card for the ones they want, of course. We all have different ways of trading and that's why it's fun :pepeheart:

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
💡 Lightbulb
Ship
These are all good points :sanapray:
I definitely get that statistics wise, it's better if you always do 1 for 1, but sometimes theres just nothing i really want from the other user and i never really feel like setting up multi trades :wimwim:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
These are all good points :sanapray:
I definitely get that statistics wise, it's better if you always do 1 for 1, but sometimes theres just nothing i really want from the other user and i never really feel like setting up multi trades :wimwim:
multi trades that are still net 1 for 1 for each user are still win/ win.

Because of the way the rules are set up a card may have to be given away with the understanding that x trade will happen.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I get what you mean completely, I don't know if this is a good t hing or a b ad thing for how much I get into this card game.

And I admire that you wouldn't trade more than one card for my Sooyoung, because one of the best things you have as a trader is that you're patient and you get the cards that you want that way. I myself often lack patience in the card game unless I literally force myself to go off the website :pandaamazed:

Not saying anything to anyone else who is willing to trade more than one card for the ones they want, of course. We all have different ways of trading and that's why it's fun :pepeheart:
Was not picking on you btw just trying to share how the numbers of the game work.

Yachii has the very best thing going. he only liked 2 sets in the first round so nothing else matters to him. In fact it would be best if he had all the super common cards then way more of his pulls would be valuable.

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
Reactions Received
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi <3
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Was not picking on you btw just trying to share how the numbers of the game work.

Yachii has the very best thing going. he only liked 2 sets in the first round so nothing else matters to him. In fact it would be best if her had all the super common cards then way more of his pulls would be valuable.
dw i didn't take it personally :llama_squish: it's just good to see your thought process behind how you trade. helps me learn more about trading myself :pepelook:

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
I completely understand you logic. Trading multiple cards for one does come back to bite you in the ass. As someone is not only gaining more cards, you are losing out, statistically.

I've personally traded multiple cards for 1 a couple of times. I didn't have to but for me personally the trades were worth it. Sure, it sucks being down about 5 cards now than I should be, but I've completed my priority sets. I want a lot more sets but I don't feel like I need to rush or horde cards to complete them. I can kind of chill now. Until Apink cards are here, then they'll become an instant priority.

I'll probably only trade 1-1 from now on though.
:pikasmart::pikahappy:

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Card game is vicious :pepecross:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread