COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Official Cards Update: Free card, Clarifications (1 Viewer)

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
So I decided to make this thread to provide some updates that the Card Team decided on, as well as make some clarifications.

First: Free cards
Every other Saturday/once every two Saturdays, you will be eligible for a free card, meaning you will not need to fulfill the thread and post requirements. You may still only get one card per day however, so you can't both complete the requirement and get another card that day. When requesting, put the reason as "free" under the reasons section.

Another version of free: If you would like to give your card away to someone without receiving one in return that is acceptable. However, you cannot use an alt to do so, and don't worry we can recognize alts :wimwim:

Second: Clarifications about trading
You can trade any of your cards at the moment. This includes trading a traded card, trading back to the original person, ect. However, in the future we may have special cards that are untradeable :jenniesmug:

I think this is all for now. A usual, let us know if you have any questions. The next day you are eligible for a free card is 05/12/20. The date for the next free card will be written in the request a card thread so if you're unsure check there.

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
Reactions Received
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi <3
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
oh this is a good idea :sanapray: a day where i don't have to spam the forums

Drew_B

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MeU
This is a good idea. It will help with over exhaustion which some users are having trying to come up with content.

This will give card game fans a day off. Nice.

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
This is a good idea. It will help with over exhaustion which some users are having trying to come up with content.

This will give card game fans a day off. Nice.
Whilst also allowing non active users to also earn a card :).

@Vikki untradeable cards are also good to have. Kind of like "rare" cards I guess.

Have you thought about having cards that can be won during events/games? That might boost event activity and encourage more users to join up if they know rare cards is what they can win.

Reactions Received
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
So I decided to make this thread to provide some updates that the Card Team decided on, as well as make some clarifications.

Every other Saturday/once every two Saturdays, you will be eligible for a free card, meaning you will not need to fulfill the thread and post requirements. You may still only get one card per day however, so you can't both complete the requirement and get another card that day. When requesting, put the reason as "free" under the reasons section.

Another version of free: If you would like to give your card away to someone without receiving one in return that is acceptable. However, you cannot use an alt to do so, and don't worry we can recognize alts :wimwim:

You can trade any of your cards at the moment. This includes trading a traded card, trading back to the original person, ect. However, in the future we may have special cards that are untradeable :jenniesmug:

I think this is all for now. A usual, let us know if you have any questions. The next day you are eligible for a free card is 05/12/20. The date for the next free card will be written in the request a card thread so if you're unsure check there.
I hv a suggestion for this similar to my last one, maybe put in the time for requesting a free card in the OP for request n trade & card release announcements thread; to avoid the same questions tat happened when the cards release happened.

Eg
"Free cards request time: from 00:00 KST to 23:59 KST"
since free cards are new to KS, you might give some leeway the first time n see how late the free card requests occur n use tat as basis of the time set for requesting a free card(ofc if u already thot of this n were just waiting till the 5th/6th to find out wat works n wat doesnt, pls ignore this post). This thot just occured to me cos my brain works this way n im a kibitzer/busybody/nosey parker. :umwhat: :jisoosmh: :hayshook::sanathink:

Thnx for all the hard work card team n others who hv made thos cards thing on ks such a resounding success, n yay free ks cards every 2 weeks. Om looking forward to it.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
multi BG
I might not be getting it right, so I´m sorry and please clarify it for me. The untradeable cards.... what if I get a card, I don´t want, it is marked untradeable but someone else really wants it? Or are you going to award the specific untradeable cards to specific users? like if you know someone is a big fan, you´ll just give them their last missing card as the untradeable card or something like that?

Is the untradeable card a privilege or on the contrary? :D

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Whilst also allowing non active users to also earn a card :).

@Vikki untradeable cards are also good to have. Kind of like "rare" cards I guess.

Have you thought about having cards that can be won during events/games? That might boost event activity and encourage more users to join up if they know rare cards is what they can win.
Yes, we have plans to incorporate cards into events. You'll find out soon about that when Christmas happens :pepesmug:

I might not be getting it right, so I´m sorry and please clarify it for me. The untradeable cards.... what if I get a card, I don´t want, it is marked untradeable but someone else really wants it? Or are you going to award the specific untradeable cards to specific users? like if you know someone is a big fan, you´ll just give them their last missing card as the untradeable card or something like that?

Is the untradeable card a privilege or on the contrary? :D
The untraceable cards are still in the works but for now rest assured, they're a a card that the user themselves really want. They're going to be very hard to earn for someone who isn't a fan of the group.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I guess its useful as a day off but it seems counter productive the weekends are more dead. So this would just feed into that?

If the entire goal is to drive traffic auto dropping cards to folks who opt in for the free card makes more sense.

2 cards a month/ 26 cards a year does not seem game breaking.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
STARWOL
@Vikki
not sure but still mentioning it just in case
this is not sticky
you might wanted this to be sticky and forgot?
though the list is getting big , you might want to unsticky another one..... maybe that's why you did not sticky it?
ok i will stop now :dubuwave: :lisalaugh: :ilovebread:

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
@Vikki
not sure but still mentioning it just in case
this is not sticky
you might wanted this to be sticky and forgot?
though the list is getting big , you might want to unsticky another one..... maybe that's why you did not sticky it?
ok i will stop now :dubuwave: :lisalaugh: :ilovebread:
I didn't want to pin it because of that reason yeah, plus it's just an update and people will hopefully have seen it by now. We'll have many other updates in the future as well so I don't want to pin all of them :sanapray:

Reactions Received
Website
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar

It's definitely a learning curve, we can't anticipate everything :jisoosmh:

As i suggested in the request cards threand n so as not to go off topic on tat thread, can i suggest here tat if u/cards team is free/hv the energy/willingness, either ping/dm/give a free card to the users who completed the daily quest today, or discuss amongst the card team if it shd be brought to the users attention whether they want to request for free card on 6/12/2020.

I think some users may or may not hv already planned/made threads towards daily quest (i know i was thinking of planning threads n then i suddenly realised it was free KS card day smh, im still planning to create time sensitive threads but i dont expect it to go towards the next day's daily quest LOL).

Also u might think abt tagging some users who hvnt tried the daily quest who r active users tat there's free cards every 2 weeks starting today if they're interested. I can dm u some suggestions of which users i think hvnt tried the daily quests n u can decide if ubwant to tag/dm them.

Again thnx for all the hard work on the cards stuff. N gratitude to user jimin for the idea of it.

Edit: ill try to post my thots in bullet form in future. Srry

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
As i suggested in the request cards threand n so as not to go off topic on tat thread, can i suggest here tat if u/cards team is free/hv the energy/willingness, either ping/dm/give a free card to the users who completed the daily quest today, or discuss amongst the card team if it shd be brought to the users attention whether they want to request for free card on 6/12/2020.

I think some users may or may not hv already planned/made threads towards daily quest (i know i was thinking of planning threads n then i suddenly realised it was free KS card day smh, im still planning to create time sensitive threads but i dont expect it to go towards the next day's daily quest LOL).

Also u might think abt tagging some users who hvnt tried the daily quest who r active users tat there's free cards every 2 weeks starting today if they're interested. I can dm u some suggestions of which users i think hvnt tried the daily quests n u can decide if ubwant to tag/dm them.

Again thnx for all the hard work on the cards stuff. N gratitude to user jimin for the idea of it.

Edit: ill try to post my thots in bullet form in future. Srry
I'll tag everyone whos posted in the card request thread at least once reminding people about the free card and giving them the option to get it then. I may also make a thread about it, I haven't decided for sure about that yet though.

Reactions Received
Website
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
I'll tag everyone whos posted in the card request thread at least once reminding people about the free card and giving them the option to get it then. I may also make a thread about it, I haven't decided for sure about that yet though.
1) think abt it, but maybe ping/tag users as u did when starting the trading card game, so tat users who dint post in the request thread could get a free card.

2) create a taglist freecards tag for users who opt in/opt out, so tat on the next free card giveaway, (i dont wake up n wrack my brain for 3 thread ideas - technically i could create a thread n post/tag users abt this now as i see some users who jyst woke uo n starting to create threads unknowingly-ion wanna spoil their fun so im posting here first. (Tats it for now, i might hv more for the suggestions thread l8r :irenecrazy: , srry to bother u abt this at watever time of night it is for u, u can actually get ur rest n deal with this whole thing tomoro-just let whoever posts 3 threads/20 posts today get a free card on 6/12/2020 [maybe tag at 11pm kst 06/12/2020 every 1 time n nvr again, 2 weeks l8r hv the freecards taglist /@freecards ready n bob's ur uncle) even bullets dont work for me Sigh.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread