- Joined
- 27 August 2018
- Messages
- 71,386
- Reactions Received
- 151,398
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 129,595
- Fandom
- Lex stan
- Gender
- Female
- Pronouns
- she/her
- Ship
- Wreck
Which do you guys prefer? I used to think cheer was an easier version of acrobatic gymnastics but I do see now that there’s differences. I’ll show and explain some below
Cheer:
It’s much more dynamic, and more about flips and fast paced movements and tosses. Tumbling for cheer is harder than acrobatic gymnastics. I’d say it has less impressive flexibility overall when you count bases too but the flyers of course tend to be very flexible. Cheer needs better performance skills, but needs less emphasis on form. Cheer also has more variety in how many people can participate, but none allow as few members as acrobatic. Cheer doesn’t tend to have all male either
Acrobatic gymnastics:
Much less dynamic, and is more about showing off balance and strength. It has tosses, but more often flips from hands to floor not hands to hands. Tumbling is easier, but cleaner. Flexibility wise it’s more spread out, all members need to be flexible. It’s less performance centric imo, more like artistic gymnastics than cheer. The sizes are smaller than cheer, I think 2-4 people? But they on the other hand allow all male. I do feel like acrobatic is harder, but maybe it’s because Ive always sucked at holding positions for strength exercises. But it still seems impossibly difficult imo in a way that cheer doesn’t as much.
Cheer:
It’s much more dynamic, and more about flips and fast paced movements and tosses. Tumbling for cheer is harder than acrobatic gymnastics. I’d say it has less impressive flexibility overall when you count bases too but the flyers of course tend to be very flexible. Cheer needs better performance skills, but needs less emphasis on form. Cheer also has more variety in how many people can participate, but none allow as few members as acrobatic. Cheer doesn’t tend to have all male either
Acrobatic gymnastics:
Much less dynamic, and is more about showing off balance and strength. It has tosses, but more often flips from hands to floor not hands to hands. Tumbling is easier, but cleaner. Flexibility wise it’s more spread out, all members need to be flexible. It’s less performance centric imo, more like artistic gymnastics than cheer. The sizes are smaller than cheer, I think 2-4 people? But they on the other hand allow all male. I do feel like acrobatic is harder, but maybe it’s because Ive always sucked at holding positions for strength exercises. But it still seems impossibly difficult imo in a way that cheer doesn’t as much.