COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Official Claiming Lost Cards due to Personal Situations (1 Viewer)

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
We are introducing the ability for users to claim "Lost Cards" due to personal situations/circumstances outside of their hands which meant they've had to spend time away from KS. As such, users who would have otherwise completed their daily quests but no longer can, will now be able to claim lost cards/days.

How this will work:

- If you can, please inform Cards Team (you don't have to go into detail) that you will be away from KS thus cannot finish your dailies and would like to claim any "lost" cards. Inform Cards Team via PM. If however your absence is due to unexpected power outage and your couldn't inform Cards Team before hand, please PM the team and explain the situation.
- You can only claim up to a maximum of 7 days (this will be a total of 14 cards based on current dailies).
- There must be no activity on your account within the timeframe you are requesting cards.
- Days claimed must be consecutive.
- This will not include Weekly Rare or Free Card.
- There will be a cooldown of 1 Month (30 Days) between claiming cards due to spending time away from KS.
- Upon your return to KS, please complete 2 threads + 15 posts before claiming. 1 thread needs to be in the Korean, Japanese, Chinese or Thailand section.

When claiming lost cards, you need to use this template in the requests thread:

Username:
Reason: Claiming Lost Cards due to Personal Situation
Days Away From KS:
Deck:
Username: OnlyCalB
Days Away From KS: 21st September KST - 28th September KST
Deck: Korean General, Rare 3

We hope this new update suits the needs of those that feel like they've missed out on cards due something outside of their control.
:sanapray: :bigcatlove:

*This information will be put in the Card Guide Thread.

@Cards Users @Cards Team

Last edited:

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Idk if you purposefully didn't want to tie anything to it but could do something like 1 thread and 10 posts tied to it so it's easy enough to be worth doing while still promoting being active

Shou

✧ They Not Like Us ✧
Top Poster Of Month
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Doesn't this kind of promote inactivity since you could just ignore the forum for 7 days and then come back and get 14 cards?

EDIT: YACHI DESERVES ALL THEIR CARDS

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Idk if you purposefully didn't want to tie anything to it but could do something like 1 thread and 10 posts tied to it so it's easy enough to be worth doing while still promoting being active
yep I think Yachii's situation is what lead to this ie almost a week of hurricane caused power loss.
I would assume they do their daily's the day they get back and request it so there is activity.

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
Assuming users are "coming back" from inactivity, they could just continue with their dailies for that day. thus they'll get their dailies + 7 days they are claiming (if they've been away for 7 days or more).
:icgyu: :pikasmart:

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
yep I think Yachii's situation is what lead to this ie almost a week of hurricane caused power loss.
I would assume they do their daily's the day they get back and request it so there is activity.
Assuming users are "coming back" from inactivity, they could just continue with their dailies for that day. thus they'll get their dailies + 7 days they are claiming (if they've been away for 7 days or more).
:icgyu: :pikasmart:
If it's going to be like tied to requesting either the daily threads or posts then that's fine but the OP the way it is sounds like there's no requirement and that would be questionable since you can't really verify if someone has a legitimate reason for being gone

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
Doesn't this kind of promote inactivity since you could just ignore the forum for 7 days and then come back and get 14 cards? If you want to cut down on activity, I get it.
I doubt the most active card users are going to start being inactive for a week and we'll trust users with being truthful with their reasons (like how we expect this for other aspects of the forum like events). Those that really do enjoy the card game but can't get cards due to things outside of their control should appreciate this.

And more so, users that enjoy this forum will continue to use it.

However, the length of time between claiming cards could always be extended if this becomes a regular thing though.
:jenniesmug:

Shou

✧ They Not Like Us ✧
Top Poster Of Month
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
I doubt the most active card users are going to start being inactive for a week and we'll trust users with being truthful with their reasons (like how we expect this for other aspects of the forum like events). Those that really do enjoy the card game but can't get cards due to things outside of their control should appreciate this.

And more so, users that enjoy this forum will continue to use it.

However, the length of time between claiming cards could always be extended if this becomes a regular thing though.
:jenniesmug:
I respect it, thanks Cal

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
If it's going to be like tied to requesting either the daily threads or posts then that's fine but the OP the way it is sounds like there's no requirement and that would be questionable since you can't really verify if someone has a legitimate reason for being gone
True. We could add that to claim the lost cards, you need to complete dailies for the day you've returned. That will be at least 2 threads + 15 posts.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Well they would have to trust that the user had a life event of some sort. someone gaming the system every month or 2 would stand out. They heavy users are a pretty small community.

Reactions Received
Hugging the brightest star next to the moon
KS Coins
Fandom
💎Multi🏴‍☠️
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
We are introducing the ability for users to claim "Lost Cards" due to personal situations/circumstances outside of their hands which meant they've had to spend time away from KS. As such, users who would have otherwise completed their daily quests but no longer can, will now be able to claim lost cards/days.

How this will work:

- You can only claim up to a maximum of 7 days (this will be a total of 14 cards based on current dailies).
- There must be no activity on your account within the timeframe you are requesting cards.
- Days claimed must be consecutive.
- This will not include Weekly Rare or Free Card.
- There will be a cooldown of 1 Month (30 Days) between claiming cards due to spending time away from KS.

When claiming lost cards, you need to use this template in the requests thread:

Username:
Days Away From KS:
Deck:
Username: OnlyCalB
Days Away From KS: 21st September KST - 28th September KST
Deck: Korean General, Rare 3

We hope this new update suits the needs of those that feel like they've missed out on cards due something outside of their control.
:sanapray: :bigcatlove:

*This information will be put in the Card Guide Thread.

@Cards Users @Cards Team
How far are we allowed to go back? Because I was away for like a year :\

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
True. We could add that to claim the lost cards, you need to complete dailies for the day you've returned. That will be at least 2 threads + 15 posts.
Having to complete both dailies sounds fair enough to me

Well they would have to trust that the user had a life event of some sort. someone gaming the system every month or 2 would stand out. They heavy users are a pretty small community.
While it's true that someone doing it regularly would stand out however there's the issue of verifying what's a real reason if it's just going to be circumstances since education/work could keep someone off KS and that's not exactly something that'll change where as of course just a power outage like in Yachiis case is not preventable

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv

While it's true that someone doing it regularly would stand out however there's the issue of verifying what's a real reason if it's just going to be circumstances since education/work could keep someone off KS and that's not exactly something that'll change where as of course just a power outage like in Yachiis case is not preventable
True that.
if it turns out its being abused they can kill it or we could stop trading with em. I hope it would not come to that. This is a life kicked you in the butt, here is us trying to help type deal.

PPl are different when my folks died remembering the daily s was one more thing to get me out of bed or off the couch, but others could just have to unplug.

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
True that.
if it turns out its being abused they can kill it or we could stop trading with em. I hope it would not come to that. This is a life kicked you in the butt, here is us trying to help type deal.

PPl are different when my folks died remembering the daily s was one more thing to get me out of bed or off the couch, but others could just have to unplug.
Yeah I do think the idea is good it's just putting some safeguards in so it's not at least easily abused and can be there for people who got dealt a bad hand through either weather, natural disasters or heavy family issues as some examples.

Which I have had to deal with this kind of situation before where I was on a team game and someone in my team was gone for a while so eventually I had to consider removing them as it was hurting the performance.

Well they came back before I did anything and said their girlfriend died.

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
Reactions Received
Hugging the brightest star next to the moon
KS Coins
Fandom
💎Multi🏴‍☠️
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master

Added the quests info. Makes sense to see activity from the person claiming for sure.

And yes, we can't truly verify if a reason for absence is "real". But we have to trust first and we'll certainly keep an eye out for how this is used before changing things. I think the easiest change would be the cooldown length.
:bigcatlove:

Boyo

𝒮𝒽𝒶𝓇𝓅
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Mingyutized
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I think active card users welcome this, so thank you! :saranghae:
But not gonna lie, I feel that it’s easy to abuse that system, because users can interpret differently what “personal situations/circumstances outside of their hands” means. Like, I think things like natural disasters, unexpected family and health problems, sudden power cuts are valid reasons, but studying hard for an exam is not the same category as them. Or in my case; lately I’m so drained because of my work that sometimes I have no energy to come here, but I surely wouldn’t ask for cards because of this.
Maybe someone else would ask cards for work/education reasons.
What I want to say is that maybe you guys should define a lil bit more what “personal situations/circumstances” means.:sanapray:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread