Clarification on what happened to @DrewB (1 Viewer)

Drew_B

.
Joined
2 March 2019
Messages
5,950
Reactions Received
15,071
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,849
Fandom
MeU
Gender
Male
Saturday I got into a big fight with my family over several things. One of those things was kPop. Or I guess my love for f(x) and my bedroom wall being covered in f(x) posters.

Apparently these posters were offensive so I got upset and took them all down because I'm tired of being judged about them.

I'm fucking annoyed all to hell that they have an issue with "young girls" being on my wall. My love for f(x) has absolutely NOTHING to do with their age or their looks. I discovered f(x) in 2015 when I randomly stumbled across RUM PUM PUM PUM. I was at a bad spot in my life back then and this video introduced me to a new and exciting world I had no idea existed. f(x) reignited my passion for life in general cause I now had something to love and look forward to everyday I woke up. This isn't an original comeback story. Everyone has that moment whatever it may be when they discover something that speaks to them in such a way it's like being reborn again.

In some way I can kind of see from their perspective. They know nothing about kPop and it's culture and how we as fans of our favorite groups love to go all out to support and cherish them. KPop fans walls being covered in kPop posters goes together like peanut butter and jelly. It's what we do. But because I'm a 41 year old man it's a red flag?

The youngest member of f(x) is 25 now and the oldest is 32. If I had a thing with young girls I would have dropped f(x) the second they were too old and started to obsess over any number of these new girl groups who's members are middle and high school age. But that's not my thing.

Hell I got into Busters last year cause I loved their song PINKY PROMISE. Not because they are one of the youngest groups on the market. I've even made several threads in the last few months stating how pissed off I am that the oldest members keep leaving this group and the company just replaces them with 13 year olds. No. Fuck that. I'm done with this group.

And I'm done with kPop for a while. My family has ruined this experience for me. I'll always be a MeU and will always be a fan of my second gen faves. But as of right now I'm taking a break.

I still love all you and this site.
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,384
Reactions Received
151,392
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I'm sorry your family are like that, even if they don't understand they shouldn't make fun of you for it. I hope the break helps.
 
Joined
23 June 2019
Messages
1,759
Reactions Received
10,279
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Saturday I got into a big fight with my family over several things. One of those things was kPop. Or I guess my love for f(x) and my bedroom wall being covered in f(x) posters.

Apparently these posters were offensive so I got upset and took them all down because I'm tired of being judged about them.

I'm fucking annoyed all to hell that they have an issue with "young girls" being on my wall. My love for f(x) has absolutely NOTHING to do with their age or their looks. I discovered f(x) in 2015 when I randomly stumbled across RUM PUM PUM PUM. I was at a bad spot in my life back then and this video introduced me to a new and exciting world I had no idea existed. f(x) reignited my passion for life in general cause I now had something to love and look forward to everyday I woke up. This isn't an original comeback story. Everyone has that moment whatever it may be when they discover something that speaks to them in such a way it's like being reborn again.

In some way I can kind of see from their perspective. They know nothing about kPop and it's culture and how we as fans of our favorite groups love to go all out to support and cherish them. KPop fans walls being covered in kPop posters goes together like peanut butter and jelly. It's what we do. But because I'm a 41 year old man it's a red flag?

The youngest member of f(x) is 25 now and the oldest is 32. If I had a thing with young girls I would have dropped f(x) the second they were too old and started to obsess over any number of these new girl groups who's members are middle and high school age. But that's not my thing.

Hell I got into Busters last year cause I loved their song PINKY PROMISE. Not because they are one of the youngest groups on the market. I've even made several threads in the last few months stating how pissed off I am that the oldest members keep leaving this group and the company just replaces them with 13 year olds. No. Fuck that. I'm done with this group.

And I'm done with kPop for a while. My family has ruined this experience for me. I'll always be a MeU and will always be a fan of my second gen faves. But as of right now I'm taking a break.

I still love all you and this site.
Families forget a lot they have their own hobbies and likes. To be honest parents need to shut the fudge up because kpop is a better infuance then some music genres today. Yeah, okay you have "girls" on your wall. But you know put them in frames and you know what you got? Art. I am damn near 40 and this has been the same cycle since I was a young girl and even before that. It just seems each and every generation continues to be a dense moron to likes of the generation after it.

To parents now and to the future let your kids have their likes so long as it isn't life effecting. Then just have a talk about boundries and how much is to much. This shit needs to stop at some generation
 

NASA

3ᑢ273⁷
.
.
Joined
2 July 2019
Messages
4,814
Reactions Received
19,142
Location
3ᑢ 273⁷
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,000
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Ship
Idk what to say to help u feel better, I think Fishy wrote everything I could've said already, I just wanna say that i'm glad to hear from you again, I hope you feel better on your break, and we will still be here if u ever decide to come back, we love you too!
 

perhapz

ab imo pectore
.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
6,070
Reactions Received
31,387
Location
🏰 & 🍀
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I feel bad for you, man. It really sucks to be judged by something that your family don't even know about, or don't even care to understand.
People tend to reject or look with suspicion at stuff they don't understand or that is awkward ot them.
I know that you know that, but in no way you're wrong for supporting your fav group and something that makes you happy.

Maybe take a break, but don't give up on kpop. It helped you once, and it will always be there to help you again, so will we from kps.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,193
Reactions Received
76,667
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,512
Ship
Wreck
It's understandable how you are feeling right now but you shouldn't let anyone ruin something you enjoy, everyone has their own things to take their mind off stuff and being a kpop fan is not hurting anyone normally and as long as you know that you should ignore what other people think.
 
Joined
30 March 2019
Messages
5,067
Reactions Received
15,900
Location
𝚂𝚞𝚐𝚊'𝚜 𝚁𝚊𝚙𝚜 🤍
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Squoosh ♡
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
they / them
Ship
Wreck
Family is the biggest influence on us and our lives. Sometimes you will get told harsh things. But even within families, there are disagreements. Differences too. Just because someone says that it sucks or that it's wrong, doesn't mean that they are right. They need to sit and think about how it saved you. Because if it didn't, you could be in a really dark place

I'm sorry that happened. We are always here for you.
 

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,131
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,398
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I'm sorry that your family acted that way, unfortunately a lot of people will look at something questionably when they don't understand it all. I hope that your break helps you in some sort of way, KPS is always here for whenever you decide to come back.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I feel so bad for you :/ hope everything is more chill soon
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread